Which is hosted more?

L

LilSniper

I am curious to know which is hosted more: TD's or AoS's (in the DotA Age if one could call it that). Even if you do not know the cold hard facts, you could still post what you think from experience and knowledge.

Note: I am not looking for your personal opinions about which map-type is better.

L

LilSniper

DotA (plus other AoS's) versus all the Tower Defenses: there isn't an obvious answer. While I do believe DotA is hosted more often, it has to be pretty close. :nuts:

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Nope. When ever i get on there is always a Dota game up but i usually have to wait for a TD. And if a TD comes around its usually some crappy one.

L

LilSniper

Like I said, I am not basing this on the quality of the map(s), just the overall magnitude being hosted.

But you are right. DotA is hosted more. There are way to close this topic?

Demonfaze

8 yrs. Hell, it's been a long time.
Reaction score
Lol heres what I think:

TD's almost always take shorter than DotA by a large amount, especially team ones, or hard ones. Not to mention there are a ton of DotA private games for all the clans and tournaments. All of this means that if there were the 'same' amount of DotA's & TDs', then more TD's would show up.

Aaaaaand since its the opposite, that means dota is REALLY much more hosted. :banghead:

C

C. Finster

Yeah, it's true that DotA is hosted the most. But, DotA aside, i'd say the second map that gets hosted the most would have to be Hero Line Wars. I've played it a few times, but it's boring to me to just kill a bunch of creeps and mass Toming all game. My second candidate for the most hosted would have to be Battle of Troy, Which i think could be a very good map, if placed in the hands of a skilled mapmaker.

- C. Finster

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
My second candidate for the most hosted would have to be Battle of Troy, Which i think could be a very good map, if placed in the hands of a skilled mapmaker.

Yea, just about anyone with triggering skill and a WE could make that about 200% better.

Not like it isn't fun for an occasional game.

C

C. Finster

Yeah,

i would relly like to see more custom made units. They have a greek pikeman, which i assume is a custom made unit, since i havent seen it anywhere before. I also think they need to fix the "siege ladder" in the game. Since, it's overly large, slow and dosen't hold that many units. Besides, it dosent even look like a ladder. The newest version is 8.0 for BoT, but i don't see any differences between vers 4.0 and vers. 8.0. It also makes me wonder what happened to versions 5 thru 7.

- C. Finster

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.