Why start?

Demi666

Reaction score
ok i have a question to you all

Question:
Why Did You Start Mapping?
:

Answer:
my internet was broken during spring holiday, and my grandmother was here..
so i played azeroth td that blizzard made solo:p ofc i couldt make it..

so i opened WE and tryied to make so i had infinite gold:p
when i sucsessed with that i continued to try to modify,
in time i tryied to make own triggers,

then own maps. then i made my first map:p lighters vs darkers :p. actully fun map, dont have it still:p anyways will be fun to hear ur reasons:)

Or how you started<3 :D

Reaction score
I started to map, because I've always loved to build things.. from a scratch.

I started making few spells.. units.. and terrain ^^, for Tower Defense.

Reaction score
If I remember right.. I started to make a spell from item spell.. That point I threw my mouse through window.. I said that the window was already broken, but I had to pay for it..

Demi666

Reaction score
lol.. u threw mouse at the window:p?... mr.pshycic lol:D

OFFTOPIC**

YAAAY 600POSTS

Demi666

Reaction score
yeah but, where did you start ace?

i mean you couldt just go in the editor and start making a complicated jass spell?

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
I started bc I thought it would be fun to play my own maps that I made even though I never made a real map.

Tonks

Reaction score
I started because I was testing the public beta of the game, and that included the World Editor.

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
yeah but, where did you start ace?

i mean you couldt just go in the editor and start making a complicated jass spell?
Why not? It's not that complicated.

I actually started in the starcraft days, I made a melee free resource map, and a modification of Terran Test Survial. When Wc3 arrived, I mainly played ladder games. I actually became pretty good, I had the red dragon icon, and were ranked number 26 on the 3v3 teams ladder, together with the current leader of MYM's nordic team AgNoN, and a guy named RaveCharmer. When RaveCharmer retired, I started map modding once again. I think that's about five years ago or so.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> couldt just go in the editor and start making a complicated jass spell?
You do realize it's AceHart you're talking about here? :p

I think I edited some melee map to add Archimonde there so that my brother could beat Insane computers.
Didn't help him much though so I had to edit some more to make his spells stronger...
Then at some point (a year later or so) I started seeing maps that automatically spawn units (wow!)...how did they do that? And what the hell is that Trigger Editor thing? And how come Rexxar can level up to level 15 in the campaign but not if I spawn him in a map?
So I googled a bit, found some nice site with tutorials, helped me quite a bit. Thought it would be nice to "meet" the people who wrote them, ask a question maybe, so I clicked on the Forum button and registered...and here I am.
Afterwards I noticed that what I was about to ask was already answered somewhere on the first page, there were even some questions I could answer myself thanks to those tutorials so I guess I can take a five minutes or so...

And there you go, a (not so) brief history of time (that I spent modding).

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I starting making maps because my friend said I couldn't do it (he edited SC maps) and I proved him wrong

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I started in RoC when i barely knew anything but i remembering trying to put the spells critical and bash on a blademaster to make a "Critical-Bash" which was really stupid but it was how i started. Did any one ever remember the game "Between the Worlds" well that game i think was made by blizzard because it had spells from TFT like berserk correct me if im wrong

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
I guess I got into mapmaking the way most people I expect would.

I opened up one of the Melee maps, ooh lookie here, I can go put a ton of Knights and towers and creeps on my side. That's probably the only way I was ever able to beat one of the computers in a melee map without using cheats.

After that, I played around with the Terrain Editor, I tried to make a couple of mazes and ended up making a small map with Naga heroes and different innate spells put into one (I think I had a Naga Siren hero that had Rain of Fire, Flame Strike, Firebolt, and Volcano)

Then I discovered the Object Editor, created my own Non-triggered spells, and found out that I could change tints, models, and abilities. I started a Melee map called "Critter Wars", I made a small Racoon race with special colors and found out I could edit the Techtree so I needed a Red and Yellow training camp to make an Orange camp, or Blue and Yellow for Green, etc.

And then came the trigger editor, the fundamentals of just about near all questions in this World Editor Help Zone. I don't know how I did it, I made a Trigger-edited spell and from there on I decided this was what I liked to do. Eventually I got familiar with most actions in the triggers and, voila.

My future for the World Editor? Eventually I'll get off my butt and start learning this foreign language we call JASS. And keep on helping until... well... people stop asking questions I know the answer to.

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
Back in the WC2 days... and carried on to SC, and then WC3 -- I've always loved building things from tools.

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
My friend made a simple, fun map called Sit and Chat. So i decided to play around with it :D

Then afterwards i tried my hand at a Maze. I got through it good. Half-way, BANG! ""Level Info- Missing or Invalid"". I got pretty p****d

Then i started many other maps. I tried my hand at a Hero Arena, TD, Another Maze, and a Campaign :D :D :D

Then i tried my hand at Custom Spells which i loved :)

Then i did my first Custom Hero. :)

Then i went back to my Campaign (which i still am)

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.