Why start?

Akatsuki

Reaction score
Cool. There's hope for me after all!

How I got into map making is my brother played a custom map in starcraft called Family guy and in Starcraft you can't play the custom map unless they are programed with computers or online. Well because I was young back then. I believed in the overly exagerated dangers of the internet so I didn't go online to play it. So what I did was opening it on StarEdit and made all the players computer so I could play it by myself. The only bad part was they didn't do anything and just spawned. Then my brother told me about warcraft so I started to play warcraft and then I found the worldedit. I totally suck at it. Even today I still suck at it. But I like to try to make a footmen wars map even if I never ever finished it. And restarted about 10 or more times already. I just don't have the imagination to make it original and the motivation to actually try to make it. Two major things that are important in my opinion.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
>"true... but AceHart used to be one of us! Isn't that what really matters? It proves AceHart isn't some robot designed to use the WE."

That post was fake. AceHart just pretended not to know it.

>"I think I edited some melee map to add Archimonde there so that my brother could beat Insane computers.
Didn't help him much though so I had to edit some more to make his spells stronger..."

Yeah right, your "brother"... :rolleyes:

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
I started using World Editor few monthes ago, Warcraft was on the dusty shelves for a while, so I decided to re-install it and by accident I went into World Editor. Heh, from then I stopped playing Warcraft and then only reason I open it now is to edit maps. ;)

Intresting thread, thanks for opening it.

johnnyfire

Reaction score
First editor for a game that i used was aoe2, then civ3, and when i got warcraft (6 months ago) i checked if it had an editor...

i made a melee map, cuz i didn't know triggering, and i made a few more they still sucked, then i made one i was proud of (blood canyon) just two nearly identical sides with a red river and waygates to cross... then i just messed around and learned a few more things, now i know a lot more mostly thanx to this site

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
At age 12, (a young age for a mapper, but not to some people) started making maps when I played WarChasers. I questioned to myself 'Do they have a tool that could make maps like that". By that time I was looking everywhere to find the World Editor file, and so i found it. By that time I was experimenting on making maps, whether n00by or cool. I started making advanced maps when I first played X hero siege.

Suddenly I stopped warcraft III, and I sticked to SimCity4 Rush Hour, Battlefield II and best of all, GTA san andreas.

When I finished GTA, I went back to the business of making wc3 maps..

Then I created my first Local Variables and JASS codes. Then I saw Daelin's graphic tutorials. That time i started making cool custom spells. (thanks Daelin!!)

Almost all of my mapping knowledge was created by instinct, not tutorials. Only JASS i counted on help.

That's a clear description of when I started mapping...

WindexGlow

Reaction score
I played a semi-fun game on bnet one night. Only problem with it, was it was horribly balenced and had horrible spelling. (He coudn't spell wood correctly, he never spelt it right 1 time)
So I opened it in the world editor, and started looking around on how to make it better.
After 2 days of trying to fix it, I decided to make my own, better map.
4 months later, my map is going pretty good. Only reason why I'm this far, is because some maps arn't protected and provide an extremly large amount of knowedge.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.