wierd Order to cast problem.

Tooblet

Reaction score
I have this archmage-boss in my map. that's supposed to cast blizzard at a certain point in the map. I made the custom spell off of blizzard, and gave it to one of my heroes just to test it.
It works properly and is supposed to last for 15 seconds. it has 15 waves with a second between each.

so anyway.. when I give this ability to custom unit and order him to cast it.
Only 3 waves comes. and then I see him standing there continueing channeling the spell, but no more blizzard shows up :/

And he then apparently is out of combat and just stands there forever.

so 1: why doesnt he cast the full blizzard?
and 2: why doesnt he re-engage in combat and start attacking when its done?

+rep and love for solver ofc :D

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
It would help to be able to see the spell and the trigger.

Tooblet

Reaction score
Well the spell is a normal blizzard, with only 1 level and some modifications to Area and distance..

Here's the triggers:

1:
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Tentacle BOSS --------
      • Set Tentacle_BOSS = Archmage Tentacle BOSS 0042 <gen>
      • Unit - Add Tentacel Boss Blizzard to Tentacle_BOSS
Really simple..

And when another unit dies, i order him to cast my custom made blizzard spell like this:

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to (==) Boss Tentacle
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Dying unit) to damage Tentacle_BOSS, dealing 2500.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Normal
      • Unit - Order Tentacle_BOSS to Human Archmage - Blizzard (Center of tentacleblizzard <gen>)

It's really simple, but he only casts my custom blizzard for about 1/3 of the whole thing.. And then he just stands there, continueing channeling the blizzard, but there's no blizzard, AND, he never resumes fightning normally afterwards.

sure I can order him to attack again after casting, but then I first want him to cast my spell properly :p

Tell me if there's something I missed :)

Kikac_NNGK

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Dying unit) to damage Tentacle_BOSS, dealing 2500.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Normal
      • Unit - Order Tentacle_BOSS to Human Archmage - Blizzard (Center of tentacleblizzard <gen>)

This is not working cos u r ordering to a dead unit to do those actions. Instead of Duying unit in the actions use some dummy unit that is created when the boss is dead

Tooblet

Reaction score
haha, no i'm not ordering a dead unit to cast blizzard. that wouldnt even show a small blizzard in the first place.
I see where it gets confusing but, the unit dying is: "Boss_tentacle"
And the unit casting is "Tentacle_Boss" :p

artix123

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure because your trigger doesn't seem to have any problems, I would believe that the problem lies in the actual blizzard spell itself. I remember tweaking certain values of it and it became kinda semi-unusable just like your example. Try to delete and recreate the blizzard spell?

Tooblet

Reaction score
yeah sure. The only things I have changes with it is that it has only 1 level instead of 3.
And I've changed the area of effect and castrange on it.
also, the amount of waves that falls down on the ground.

When I use it on another hero, it's 10 waves. when i order unit to cast it, it's only 3..

But yeah sure, i'll try remake it.

Tooblet

Reaction score
Remaking it didn't solve anything. But as said, the blizzard he cast only lasted for 3 waves. So I set the value to 3, and then repeated the thing with wait timers 5 times for 15 waves, then ordered to attack inside his range again.

this is my solution:

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Tentacle_BOSS to Human Archmage - Blizzard (Center of tentacle blizzard rect <gen>)
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Unit - Order Tentacle_BOSS to Human Archmage - Blizzard (Center of tentacle blizzard rect <gen>)
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Unit - Order Tentacle_BOSS to Attack (Random unit from (Units within 3000.00 of (Position of Tentacle_BOSS) matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) controller) Equal to (==) User)))

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.