Windwalk damage as a percent

Rep7a

Reaction score
I'm making a spell based off of windwalk, it is basically an identical move, but i want the bonus damage to work differently, instead of adding a flat number as bonus damage, i would like to make it a % of the units attack damage. For example, upon breaking wind walk with an attack, this unit deals 200% attack damage. Is this posisble?

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Is this posisble?

Yes. Trigger the additional damage. Maybe add a 'self damage buff' upon the cast of wind walk, check if unit doesn't have the WW buff, then remove the bonus damage buff.

IDK. If WW is removed before or after the break.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Use a damage event. When a unit casts Wind Walk, add the unit to a unit group. When a unit in the group deals damage, deal a percentage of the damage to the target and remove the unit from the group.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
But what if the unit has Immolation or something?
Invisible units don't cause damage with Immolation or Lightning Shield. Haven't you used Shadowmeld in melee to stop an Archer from hurting nearby units when a creep casts Lightning Shield on it? :p

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Invisible units don't cause damage with Immolation or Lightning Shield. Haven't you used Shadowmeld in melee to stop an Archer from hurting nearby units when a creep casts Lightning Shield on it? :p

Oh yes, forgot about that. But there could be cases where the invisible units could deal damage to units. For example, let's say the unit has an ability just like immolation but it's triggered instead. Unless the user has no such spells, then I guess it'll work fine.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
That's always going to be the biggest challenge when doing triggers, preventing them from interfering with each other. ;-)

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
a 1-shot critical strike skill, which when you cast WW you add the unit to a unit group and add the crit strike, and then every 1 second you check to see if the unit still has WW or not, and if not, remove the skill from the unit

killingdyl

Reaction score
damage detection system, that way you can test to see if the damage is a miss, a hit, spell damage, physical damage, etc. theres a few in the resources section

educator

Reaction score
this has probably been said already (but differently) or it might not work but
event
a unit is attacked
conditions
attacking unit has buff (windwalk)
actions
cause Attacking unit to deal X Damage to attacked unit
its freehand but i think it should look something like that not sure how to make it do % of damage though.
also might need to trigger the dispell for the buff if the abbility doesn't work when its damage is nulled.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.