Votes: 42 80.8%
  • No

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
well he said:

I'm not trying to create some sort of story...

so it probably doesn't matter

he could even put Arthas allied with Sylvanas :D (NOT!)

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
BTW, according to lore...

the night elves who followed illidan to Outland were led by the crazed/vengeful Maeiv..
which the other Night Elves abandoned because they thought she was overcome by vengeance.

so the 'real' night elves didnt approve that mission. :p.

I didn't think of that lol.

I'm not trying to be specific to lore, I just don't want the factions to be radically unbelievable (like Illidan and Maeiv being on the same team, for example). However, I do still need two heroes for each faction (the current list is on the first page). So keep the ideas flowing.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
So, I just replayed that level from the campaign and I've found the equalizing factor. In the campaign map, whoever controls the cage has their creeps spawn much less often. In fact, they spawn at about 1/3 the rate. This is a good way to equalize armies when one team control the cage.

Does anybody know how to do this?

And my apologies for the double post.

hasslarn

Reaction score
Its realy good idea , but the assualt mode make it that Illidan is released whenever he reches a base and he is imba! If u kill him u win (If u didnt release him) If he kills ur base boom ur doomed , when he kills a town hall he is captured back into the cage and the other players can play assualt mod. IF it is a 3 AoS map,.

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
Just have a boolean variable that tells you which team has the cart, and then add an IF/THEN/ELSE in your spawn trigger that spawns less units depending on the variable.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Just have a boolean variable that tells you which team has the cart, and then add an IF/THEN/ELSE in your spawn trigger that spawns less units depending on the variable.

I don't want more unit spawns per wave, I just want the units to spawn more frequently if you have the cart and less frequently if you do.

For example, normal spawn time is every 30 seconds. When you have the cart it becomes every 45 seconds and when you don't it becomes every 15 seconds. How would I do this?

Suppose I used an integer variable in the periodic time event and just changed the variables when the cage was captured. I think that would work best. Does anybody have any thoughts on that?

EDIT: I realized you cannot use variables in the periodic time event. Back to square one.

EDIT2: Instead of using the periodic time event I'm using countdown timers, which allow variables, so it's working just fine right now.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
BUMP

I need two more heroes for the Night Elf team.

One needs to be agility, and the other needs to be Intelligence.

The cage behavior triggers (movement and ownership changing) are now complete, as are the creep spawning triggers. When one team gains control of the cage, it takes their creeps longer to spawn and it takes the enemy creeps even less time to spawn.

Need some ideas!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.