Would you play a map like this?

• Yes

Votes: 42 80.8%
  • No

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters

Emu.Man00

Reaction score
Well if 2 ppl are level capped, and one kills 20 ppl, what is he gaining from this if items are hardly useful?

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
But, it's an objective based game, so by killing 20 people in a row, you have a much better shot at accomplishing your objective...

Besides, in theory, if everyone is balanced (albeit that's very hard to do), then no one should be going on a 20-kill streak. But I see what you are trying to say, I just disagree.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
It's not an AoS... the units just spawn in the same manner. The objective is to bring the cage back to your base, not destroy the opposing base.

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Just put a little change: That is not Illidan in that cage, just some goddamn raging deamon.
You actually have to get that cage to your ENEMY's base. Why like that? Because if you play like in the mission, the bigger distance advantage gives strategic advantage. So the longer you can't turn around the wagon, the harder it gets to do so.
And that is lame.
So you have to get the deamon to the other base, and set it free, so it destroy everything. Yay!

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
First off, it's not Illidan in the cage anyway, but glad we're on the same page.

I like the idea of moving the cage to the enemy base, it's a definite possibility. Perhaps, I'l make two modes, one called capture (bring it to your base), and another called assault (bring it to the enemy base).

Nice idea.

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
Maybe add a team cooldown ability for the cage, that increases/reduces its movement speed or even protects it in an impenetrable shield for a few seconds.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
i was thinking of making it so that you always need to have at least one hero near the cage in order for it to move. If you have no heroes within like 500 of the cage, then it stops moving. I think this would allow for the enemy team to get the cage back, since the team with the cage wouldn't be able to keep the enemy stuck in their base.

95blojoe

Reaction score
I am making a multiplayer version of the campaign map where Kael and Lady Vashj have to rescue the caged Illidan from Maiev.

First, i am already doing this.
Second, The map i am working on will be like an AoS
Third, Drop the prodject. xD

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
I would play this, definitely.
Use the regular heroes and use some of their abilities, but also make complicated and cool custom abilities that still fit the theme of the hero.

Faust

Reaction score
i was thinking of making it so that you always need to have at least one hero near the cage in order for it to move. If you have no heroes within like 500 of the cage, then it stops moving. I think this would allow for the enemy team to get the cage back, since the team with the cage wouldn't be able to keep the enemy stuck in their base.

How about this:
Each hero has as innate ability called push/pull.
It is a mid-short range ability with a lightning effect, and can only be casted on the cage.
When 1 hero casts it on it, the cage moves with like 100 speed
When 2, 150, when3, 200, blahblah.

The point: The pullers can't attack! You can turn it off of course, but it must have some kind of low cooldown so you can't just drop the lasso, kill enemy, get to pulling again (so it actually has a point to it).

signoftheend

Reaction score
I think it would be a good idea, but the heroes you're looking at would be odd... I mean, having orcs involved with the NE's? Even at this point in the Warcraft universe, their alliance is tenuous at best... I think using more general heroes that fit into their races (BE/Naga, or NE) would be a better idea. So, maybe a generic Keeper of the Grove, a generic Druid based off of Furion, a generic Moon Priestess, that kind of stuff. Actually having the heroes from the game, i.e. Furion, Tyrande, Thrall, would be kinda silly, in my opinion. Still, a cool idea for a map.

And, blojoe, you're a douche. You're just mad that he's got a cool map idea...

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
I was just using campaign heroes for a little familiarity, and it's just a game type, the story from campaign isn't closely tied. In fact, I may scrap having the heroes be on factions and just give everyone the ability to pick any hero. I like the idea of taking campaign heroes and putting them in new scenarios.

Also, the campaign heroes will have custom spells, not just stock spells. I'm using campaign heroes more for their names.

Also, in response to 95blojoe, my thread was made the day before yours anyway, so technically, you're making a game that I'm already working on. I don't care, but I just wanted to point that out. Feel free to continue with your map. Happy mapping!

Faust

Reaction score
If you have problems fitting a hero into a force, like an orc blademaster to night elves, just have an other group of heroes, and call them mercenaries. Mercenaries can be picked by both teams, and as a symbol, you start with 50 or 100 less gold.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Well, I'm not trying to create some sort of story, I'm just trying to see which side these units would choose if they had to. Since Kael is working with Vashj and Illidan, who are in turn working with a demon (Kil'jaedan), it only makes sense that Thrall would not side with them and side with the night elves instead. Seeing as to how the entire Reign of Chaos Orc campaign was centered around escaping the demons. It just made sense to me that way. But like I said, I may just have them be able to choose any hero (all pick would be a mode anyway).

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
you can add Jaina, Rexxar and Vol'Jin to the night elf force

dunno about the blood elf... there aren't so many villains in wc3 :(

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
BTW, according to lore...

the night elves who followed illidan to Outland were led by the crazed/vengeful Maeiv..
which the other Night Elves abandoned because they thought she was overcome by vengeance.

so the 'real' night elves didnt approve that mission. :p.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.