Would you use these ideas:

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
Although I have no current plans of implementing these systems in my map, Im wondering what people think of these ideas

1: Power cooldown- based on dark invasion 2's combat system, but with abilities:

Every spell you cast has 2 cooldowns: your castable cooldown, and your power cooldown. When you cast a spell, your castable cooldown is completely reset, and your power cooldown is decreased depending on the spells power.
While your castable cooldown is like a normal cooldown, where you cant cast a spell while its resetting, the power cooldown is different: you can cast the spe3ll at anytime, but, if you wait for the power cooldown to reset to normal the spell is X times more effective

2: Material system-Based on final fantasy 12's material system
Whenever you sell specific item types, a counter is increased for that item type. If the counter reaches a certain number, a special item is made availible, and the counter resets

3:Role system- Based on final fantasy 13's paradigm system
This one is a bit more complex to implemennt but: Whenever you have allies (up to two)following you, you can choose up to 6 options from several teamsets, which are chosen in town. When you are out of town, pres esc or something to bring up a dialog, and choose one of your 6 sets.

For example, lets say the availbile classes were: Gladiator(1), Defender(2), Healer(3), Mage(4), Ranger(5), and Witchdoctor)6). in town, you choose up to 6 combinations of them, such as

1 1 1
1 2 3
2 4 4
3 3 3
2 1 1 and
6 5 2

When you press esc, you have the option to switch you and your allies to these class sets, resulting in changing roles.

4: Class upgrade system,- Taken from final fantasy 10 and 13:
A stat upgrade system, it would be interesting to make your hero able to research different upgrades, but, if you take one path, another disapears.
How you would make this look nice, is up to you, but maybe if used a arrow key based navigation and spare some terrain, you could figure something out

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
I'd say I'd definitely like to see a branching class system in an RPG map. FF job system? Not so much.

The job system i mentioned isn't about the actual jobs, as much as the ability to switch roles in game. But ye, thanks for the input

Zanderist

Reaction score
I'm not really in the RPG map making business, but I do like the sound of that first one.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
Update: I have created the material system for the fun of it, and plan on making some of the other systems, If you would like to have it, please pm me.
Note that there is no way to remove materials currently, if ever.

The next system ill be adding is the paradigm system from ff13:
Heres what I have planned: there are 3 people on your team, 2 of them are just following you, the other you control. While your in town, you will be able to setup availible class sets.

I will try to make it flexible

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.