WoW Scam :o be wary!

n[u]ll

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I got this email today:

Big scam. Don't buy into a single bit of it. It was in my inbox, and not filtered through gmail's spam filter. It really looks legitimate, except for the link.

I'm sure they sent out a whole bunch of these emails, so just be careful :thup:

TFlan

I could change this in my User CP.
Reaction score
such a crappy email...

at least change the displayed URL... and attempt at putting a name in the "Greetings", Blizzard always includes the username in their emails. And posting the address before the closing? wtf? have they even written a formal letter before?

And why would blizzard send an email at 3:53 am... try to do it during blizzards actual business hours...

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
wow-europess.1gb.ru

Hahaha. I didn't know Europe had a genre ;)

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
The grammar and formatting in that letter are terrible, it's a dead giveaway that it's a scam.
I went through it, playing along of course, and it says:
"You Personal info has been refresh. Thanks!"

Smooth...

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
I could definitely see some younger players buying into this though. It's a good idea, just executed terribly. But of course, once it starts asking for account info you would know it was a scam, Blizz doesn't need your password to look at your account.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, just the email should be enough to see it for what it is. It could've definitely been better. They could've made it look like a real link by adding html tags.

Also be aware that emails from [email protected] might not be authentic, you can fake it. Even if it looks exactly the same.

Tythoid

Reaction score
Its a terrible scam but if they send it to enough people chances are it will work a few times not that people that fall for this will have anything worth stealing.

w00t22

CSS L4D DoD? Steam ID = w00t22
Reaction score
If some of you want to be cautious there's a site that posts exploits, scams for wow. They have amazing programmers and stuff they can do is beyond amazing IMO... anyways the site is www.mmowned.com. i only go there to get zygors leveling guide for free but i wouldnt try doing the scams because you will get banned

CaptDeath

Reaction score
i always respond to those emails with long strings of fbombs and telling them how satan will enjoy there balls

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.