wtf! AoS is old school, need a new map to make

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
im making AoS maps every time i stopped, or lost my AoS maps, and my AoS maps aren't popular at all, because of DotA All-stars

now i need ideas for a new map genre

i like:
  • making heroes
  • sponge bob
  • making maps that is fun with 5-5 or 6-6 action
  • making maps that can be easily learned
  • making maps that can be finished early
  • making maps that has a short time limit, unlike other maps that end up 3 hours later
  • making maps that are balanced
i don't like:
  • making items
  • making large terrain with all the beautiful stuffs in it
  • making AOS because of dota
  • making units
  • maps with tomes
  • making large hero arena maps like angel arena
  • making imba items (the same as tomes)
  • making RPG maps
  • making quests
  • making cinematics
  • people who shit on this thread

please, i really need ideas for a new map, im tired on making AoS maps

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Try making a Footman Frenzy map. I know there are a million footman frenzies in the internet but none is great even the original FF is not hat great, just the same.

To make it unique try adding a slew of new features and good terrain and allow players to choose heroes and races. Footman Frenzies are just small maps. If you do this you've created the best Footman Frenzy map in history:D

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
Footmen games take hours to finish, the good games at least.

What about a sponge tag! Lots of sponge bobs piss of squidwards and they build pineapples to block and use patricks to talk and slow them down. Sponges grow bigger and gain more hp if they use water but they are slower, vice versa.

Nah but seriously, maps that dependant on heroes are AOS. If you add an army with it then it won't be learned easy and will proably take long to finish.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
im making AoS maps every time i stopped, or lost my AoS maps, and my AoS maps aren't popular at all, because of DotA All-stars

now i need ideas for a new map genre

i don't like:
  • people who shit on this thread

please, i really need ideas for a new map, im tired on making AoS maps

Flings poo on thread.

The only way to get a popular AoS out is to promote it more than DotA. Since that's very difficult, good luck.

Only other 2 AoS' I see that are hosted semi-frequently are AoM and ToB

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Strategic Hero Arena. 4v4. So, ya take your basic hero arena, take out the tome-spamming, add in strategic points (gold mines, healing fountains, towers, whatever). put in some CTF and king of the hill gameplay in various areas, and let the games begin.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Its hard to make something completely new. Maybe you should think all those maps you like and what makes them so cool.

When I first played Jungle Troll tribes I really liked it. It was new ( At least I havent seen same type of map before ) and entertaining. If I would start a new map right now, I would make something like it. ( My Potter -project takes too much time and Im lazy person so this wont happen. )

Same thing with Zerg Infestation. I still play it sometimes, if I see someone hosting it. I think there is other samekind of maps, but I havent played them.

DotA is a good AoS map. Its not fantastic, but everybody plays it, thats why you can find skilled opponents and allies. This is what makes it fun.

I hope you find yourself a nice project. Just remember that you cant force ideas to pop up from your mind, they just come when they come.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Make a hero arena, but have it be smaller then angel arena. You don't need to have all those random side arenas where you go to kill the bosses to get stuff to sell, so it should work out if you keep it confined just to the arena.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
I have played some Angel Arena version and it was really bad game...

This is old idea I never used: Sort of Pirate RPG. You have one Pirate and you can buy ships and weapons and other items. 12 player game. Its FFA, everybody versus everybody. You need to collect pieces of a Treasure Map, you get them as quest rewards, and you can also steal them from other players. When you have enought pieces, you go to Treasure Island and click your map. You get the treasure, and other players try to steal it from you. Then whoever gets the Treasure and brings it to some big main City, wins the game.

Comments?

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Take a break from Warcraft mapping and chill.
i have nothing else to do than creating maps
Try making a Footman Frenzy map. I know there are a million footman frenzies in the internet but none is great even the original FF is not hat great, just the same.

To make it unique try adding a slew of new features and good terrain and allow players to choose heroes and races. Footman Frenzies are just small maps. If you do this you've created the best Footman Frenzy map in history
i dont like footmen frenzy maps, thats why i dont like to make them, because its just a straight forward game, just destroy ur opponent
What about a sponge tag! Lots of sponge bobs piss of squidwards and they build pineapples to block and use patricks to talk and slow them down. Sponges grow bigger and gain more hp if they use water but they are slower, vice versa.

Nah but seriously, maps that dependant on heroes are AOS. If you add an army with it then it won't be learned easy and will proably take long to finish.
havent played tag games too...
Strategic Hero Arena. 4v4. So, ya take your basic hero arena, take out the tome-spamming, add in strategic points (gold mines, healing fountains, towers, whatever). put in some CTF and king of the hill gameplay in various areas, and let the games begin.
so, what kind of "Strategic" game play, while u only control 1 hero then start mauling ur enemies
This is old idea I never used: Sort of Pirate RPG. You have one Pirate and you can buy ships and weapons and other items. 12 player game. Its FFA, everybody versus everybody. You need to collect pieces of a Treasure Map, you get them as quest rewards, and you can also steal them from other players. When you have enought pieces, you go to Treasure Island and click your map. You get the treasure, and other players try to steal it from you. Then whoever gets the Treasure and brings it to some big main City, wins the game.
the idea is nice, but i need to think about the cons and the pros about the game
Some map like Warchasers! I'm making one, but Dungeon Theme is not cool xD
oh yeah, i forgot, i dont like RPG maps, because they are too big, and lots of units to be spawned

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score

making heroes

You can make it "BOMBERMAN" like.. that you only control with the arrow keys and numpad.. Each hero has special abilities.. like hyper speed, able to control an enemy's bomb...

sponge bob

Use funny cartoon models as your hero ^^

making maps that is fun with 5-5 or 6-6 action

Uhmmm... This is fun with deathmatch ^^

making maps that can be easily learned

Arrow Keys + Numpad

making maps that can be finished early

Compatible with 32x32

making maps that has a short time limit, unlike other maps that end up 3 hours later

Up to 5 rounds... or until someone gets a 3 or 5 score

making maps that are balanced

Totally balanced... Depends on player's skill...
The only balance you'll be making is the hero ability and movespeed.

I don't Like

making items

You're inventory will be occupied with controls.. You just have to build powerups..

making large terrain with all the beautiful stuffs in it

32x32 or 64x64 with checkered terrain maybe..

making AOS because of dota

This is a new genre..

making units

No extra units to build, unless you want to make it an adventure game.. with different stages..

maps with tomes

Just powerups.. Mouse click will be disable, so you'll just have to step on it..

making large hero arena maps like angel arena

32x32

making imba items (the same as tomes)

No items needed.. just powerups

making RPG maps

This is an absolute multiplayer arcade game map..

making quests

No more quest, just kill them all..

making cinematics

Optional..

people who shit on this thread

who shit on this thread??

Alternatively, start learning on web design...

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
i dont like footmen frenzy maps, thats why i dont like to make them, because its just a straight forward game, just destroy ur opponent
That is why you need to make the map unique and create features and set up more aspects of gameplay instead of destroying opponents, it's called creativity:thup:

making AOS because of dota
The existence of DotA doesn't mean all other maps of it's genre (AoS) will not be a big deal. DotA is just a simple AoS with game modes/commands, recipes and creeps and lots of heroes. There may be alot of heroes but DotA has limited features.

Did you forget about your map Barracks War? It's a simple map to make but I didn't continue making it because of school. Well you can still continue Barrack Wars and add up the features and more stuff:D

Why not make Starcraft II Maps soon after it's release? Surely it's editor will be better but thats a rumor still.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.