Science Yesterday's T. Rex is today's chicken

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
The discovery of traces of flesh in a 68-million-year-old Tyrannosaurus rex bone ties the King of the Dinosaurs to modern-day species and, scientists say, heralds a "milestone" shift in paleontology.

"Based on the small sample we've recovered, chickens may be the closest relatives (to T. rex)," says geneticist John Asara of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, co-leader of a team reporting the discovery of faint traces of chicken-like bone lining preserved inside a dinosaur drumstick.

In studies reported in the journal Science, Asara and colleagues conclude that seven traces of proteins detected in purified T. rex bone most closely match those reported in chickens, followed by frogs and newts.

Last edited by a moderator:
U

Ur-Quan

So bassically when we eat chicken its like we eat dinos?
Cool :D .
Imagine world with people eating T. Rexes instead of chicken!
Mummy, whats for dinner?
Fresh T. Rex son, just bought.

lol :D

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
we all shared a common ancestor....they just died out before us homos started...in anycase, I did not know proteins could survive intact for that long...I know DNA only last up to about 100k years, I'd imagine proteins to be similar, guess I was wrong

and to say chickens are the closest....hrmm..out of the what, 10 out of the 100,000's of species on the planet...and I suppose they have never heard of convergent evolution...some things never cease to amaze me

**ahh some sort of crazy prezervation shit, it was encased in some crayz stone of some shit...they say that 1% of it is intact, and that it "may" be protein.....

btw did anyone actually read some of the hosh posh comments ppl were posting, someone actually said, and I quote, "Evolution did not happen, face the facts"......how are ppl with such little intelligence allowd on a computer??

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
"Evolution did not happen, face the facts"......how are ppl with such little intelligence allowd on a computer??

Well that makes sense..I also agree...lol

Husky what is your avatar from?

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
i know about this for a while and i fully agree, if there was no evolution did we just pop? then why are we not still popping?

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
"Evolution did not happen, face the facts"......how are ppl with such little intelligence allowed on a computer??"

Evolution did not happen because people are still stupid and they go on computers to act stupid and make other people think they are stupid

(This does not pertain to anyone here)

People may go on the computer and act REALLY stupid...but In real life are actually a smart developed human being or wive versa.

On the other hand,

Someone might be really stupid go on the computer and act stupid as well...how are people that act stupid allowed on computers?
How do they function a computer?

I really don't know if I answered the question or made it worse..

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
*Looks at above Hero's post*

Uh...I think I lost a handful of brain cells reading that. I followed it but...huh?

Anyway, I don't think I shall be commenting in any more Evolution topics because--

FFS. Why are people claiming lineages between various animals directly while still failing to address how the blood clotting system formed? Or, for that matter, each and every one of our organs and subsystems for processing materials?

*Sigh* Anyone with real intelligence should step behind the curtain and notice the puppet-masters filling their pockets. I don't want another animal to animal evolution drawing--I want to know how it happened. These systems--they cannot evolve gradually and slowly, because in and of themselves, they fail miserably if one lock and key don't match. Blood clotting is maintained by several chemicals that have to be processed separately by evolved organs for the job, and even then there has to be a special evolved body in order to send the blood around so that it clots only in the right places, where there are cuts, without starting a chain reaction that turns the whole person's body to stone! A couple of sad examples of this can be found on the health channel--but they demand an answer. How does such complexity evolve gradually? It isn't a tree kind of complexity, because that takes 1 and makes it 2--I can imagine, in that circumstance, evolution through billions of years. However, in some of the systems present, such as blood clotting, you're taking 1 and making it 5 because of a formula in place here and a formula in place there, and because there's a two over there and a three over here and, oh gosh, a ten over here! Read a book on it, because it's far more complicated than what I could describe here using simple math terms.

Now until the evolutionists bother to solve this important detail, there is no use whatsoever discussing whatever else they have to say. They can draw as much connections to the environment as a creationist can. Where an evolutionist sees a billion years of constant evolving, a creationist sees a detailed work of a divine hand. When it comes to this detail, one can't make a case for truth, only for objective ideas. One would logically have to be right over the other, but no one can be sure which one it is.

Any topic dealing with evolution seems like it should be closed. It's not impressive that they're sidestepping the doubt and filling it with cream pudding. In fact, it's not worth talking about, even.

turok255

Reaction score
Lmao.... I knew this when I was like 6.... If you look at a T-rex and a chicken you can see that...

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
You cannot create rules against a topic simply because you don't agree with it, Rin. C'mon, now...

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
I don't agree with everyone's political opinions either, but that's not why we close political discussions.

Moral viewpoints and religious discussions are already curtailed, because they lead to controversial arguments. Evolution falls into this category quite easily (being a religion and a controversial argument), and just because our forum isn't properly saturated with people against it doesn't mean it should be notched off the list. That's not representing the minorities.

I'm not closing it because I don't agree with it. That's a incorrect conclusion. I think evolution has promise, but the way it is currently explained is unbelievably wrong. Not because it disagrees with my faith (anyone who picks up a Bible and reads through it will immediately understand that Christianity has NOTHING to say about evolution; I don't know why creationists hiss about it), but because it disagrees with my grasp on our -real- scientific discoveries. I've read plenty of books on Biology that promote evolution, but they themselves don't have a measure that proves it, they just serve it to you on a platter. I'm skeptical about everything in our world, and was about my moral viewpoints as well, until I witnessed something that destroyed my skepticism on that matter. It still stands on the rest of my views, however.

emjlr3

Reaction score
what we have found and figured out supports it, you want us to all of a sudden figure out all the marverls and mysterious of our world just so you can be happy? that is like telling a physicist...ok...i want to know how many dimensions there are...show them to me physically, I don't want it in equations....we can't do it right now.....I think you are missing the point...or just grasping for things that we don't yet know but failing to account for what we do, things take time, like evolution :)

These systems--they cannot evolve gradually and slowly, because in and of themselves, they fail miserably if one lock and key don't match

that is why things inherantly fail, all the time, remember, billions of years is a very long time....and ofcourse, our time frame could be way off, you use an example for an advanced org like humans, however, we didnt start as humans, we started as single celled orgs., and over BILLIONS of years, things slowly changed, we didnt all of a sudden need this huge process, it developed, over BILLIONS of years

with that said, I'd like 1 piece of solid evidence for intelligent design....and the scientific paper to back it up :)

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
I'll reply to this via a PM, emjlr3 :)

On the other hand, I'll leave it to the other admins to decide if it's worth curtailing evolution discussions on public topics.

emjlr3

Reaction score
i like talking about evolution, or anything pertaining to science, however, to the extent we have delve into it, maybe it should be in General Discussion instead ^^

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
If we're discussing the NEWS topic, I think the thread should stay in News ^.^ We don't move over any other big news threads, right? Same thing, here.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.