Your favorite Professions!

Which would you want to see in a game?

• Total voters

dead-manakin

Reaction score
Hello, I am in need of deciding which proffesions to put into my game. I have already decided to put in Mining, Engineering, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Thievery, Fishing and Cooking. But what other ones would you like to see in a game. Here are the Choices:

The Professions​

1) Herb Gathering: Gather Herbs and other natural resources for other professions.

2) Writing: Kind of like Glyph making in Wow, But you write in them, and determained by your writing, you gain xp.

3) Necromancy: Gather bones and hair and other items then use them to create or summon Skeletons and Zombies!

4) Holy Summoning: The Exact opposite of Necromancy, you use holy power/dust and clothing to summon angels and holy beings.

5) Construction: Used to make chests to store items and houses to live in. uses wood, stone and dirt as supplies.

6) Gateway Crafting: Create gateways and portals to teleport you to other areas on the map, or maybe into special dungeons.

7) Jem Crafting: Like jewelcrafting in WoW, you can make jems and other jewelry to wear or enhance items with.

8) Demon mastery: Turn into various demons to ravage the earth, or just to hide in a crowd of demons...

9) Skinning: Skin animals for their hide or leather, then clean them for use in other skills.

10) Leatherworking: creates nice leather items and cloth items that can be used by most non-tank players.(tanks use mail/plate)

If you have Ideas for more skills, please feel free to post them and share the ideas with me. :)

johnnymra

Reaction score
In my opinion... i would chose the writing :D... or the gateway crafting (as i am a lover of the "ancient knowledge"... passing trough the fabrics of time and space [teleporting] but also the idea of being a scribe :D) my problem is... when you make the proffesion Writing... you really write things? or its some pre-stated... like... you use an 'pen' item and a 'paper' item and you make... 'scroll of...' ? or you really write something that appears in an item?

dead-manakin

Reaction score
More Like you type It, But yes you write it. You open a "Blank scroll" or "Blank Book Pages" and Use "Black Ink" and you type a message in the scroll or book. I am now trying to work on a good message parser to see what you type, but I have the concept and some scripting down. There would also be Pre-written books that tell you about hints to improve your writing, Like certain words that help increase Str or Agi. These words/Phrases might be. "Gods Hand Upon Us" (STR) "Thieves Guide You" (AGI). So if you say those things in your message and add other good spell vocab, you get books and scriptures that help your character. For instance I might write: "By the power of God, with his hand upon us, rise above thy crowd and have thy Strengths grow and weaknesses few." The script would run a simple random # count to find If it was successful and to see how powerful the scripture was. It would then see what text was entered. If the script who wrote the scripture was a high level, the script would be good and would have a high "point gain". "point gain" is the total amount of attributes a book can give you. Then the script would divide the "point gain" into sections depending on the percentage of each Attribute used. In my example, I use INT (By the power of God) and Str (strengths grow and weaknesses few) so it would be "point gain" divided by two of STR and The same amount of INT.

johnnymra

Reaction score
I understand... if you would really do that successfully, to detect certain strings and give an item certain abilities... then it would totally be cool :)

dead-manakin

Reaction score
Thanks, I intend to make it easy to find certain strings like "And may it give you Strength" but I also want some to be rare drops that are sacred texts that show you the "good" strings. So hopefully I will be able to code the final bit of that soon :)

dead-manakin

Reaction score
Yup, I love fishing in Wow, so I have already implemented it. It is just such a soothing and calm profession. Unlike Skinning where you HAVE to kill things to level it... Not to say that skinning is bad, it just is NEVER calming.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.