Your Story with TH.net ?

holy_spirit

Reaction score
It is quite nice to know how does every member met Thehelper.net forum ?:p

It was from about year and half,
when I was searching for forums that talking about warCraft, there was a lot of them, and I remember I registered on 2 or 3 forums and TH.net was one of them, And till now I am member of this nice site as you can see :D

Tonks

Reaction score
I was learning some tricks about RoC mapping from Virgin-Flesh, and he said that he would teach me how to do all the fancy tricks to enhance maps, as long as I wrote a tutorial on it and posted it here. So I registered here, but it took a very long time to write the tutorial and I didn't get it done for quite a while. By the time I got it posted, I had been here for a long time, and I ended up liking the community.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
I googled:
"Where can I find a gold mine?"

I think like 3 years ago.

Then I registered as redshirt1000. I disappeared for a while and when I came back, I could no longer log in. I reregistered as redshirt10000. Same thing happened.

I finally reregistered as w/e, thinking that I was not going to stay, but here I am. I no longer map all that much, although I have a map underway...

Akatsuki

Reaction score
It was like half a year ago when I searched for a worldedit help site. I found thehelper.net tutorial site. Then a few weeks later I joinned the forums.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I believe I was just looking for custom maps to play cause I was bored. Then I started making my own. Eventually, I registered here and that is the day the Golden Age died :(

I've done everything from getting banned to becoming an Admin. Can't touch this.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Found this site Searching in Google for help in the WE so I could learn to make cool maps.

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
I joined in March of 2005, when I was experimenting with triggers. Been here ever since then. :p

Tonks

Reaction score
Seems like a majority of regulars came here looking for help. That's interesting.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Most people actually come here through the tutorials site, which, of course, comes up when they search help. That is, after all, how I got here.

Took me forever to find the "Forum" button, too o_O

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I googled "the greatest site on earth" and this was the first on their list..

j/k lol

I wanted to know how to import custom models and icons.. and this was the site they redirected me to (google.com)

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
I stumbled in off the streets. It's warm in here and they have pie, so I hung around.

Heh, seriously though, I was a WE noob trying to find out how to 'make a unit into a hero??' and came across the WE Help Zone on this site.

DM Cross

Reaction score
I stumbled in off the streets. It's warm in here and they have pie, so I hung around.

Heh, seriously though, I was a WE noob trying to find out how to 'make a unit into a hero??' and came across the WE Help Zone on this site.

Gah. I remember, back in the day... That was THE question to ask. It was like hazing, or something. You had to ask it and get flamed for being an idiot to be accepted. Swear to...

God, I hated that question o_O

holy_spirit

Reaction score
I remember first post I posted here, then I -rep for that post :D
"double post" that was the Comment, realy and till now I dont know where is the first post to be my post is the second one :p
then Thehelper came and give me +10 rep "pushing you up to positive rep"
look how generous he is :p

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
The only time the helper gave me +rep was when I made a "The Helper" icon for all the staff (admins) he liked it.

master maste

Reaction score
I searched on google years ago and found some basic sites about mapping and got interested.

Then I found the worldeditortutorials site and eventually came to the forums part of it (had to google search every time because I couldnt remember the name:D ) and then I google searched one day and I couldnt find the world editor tutorials site and thought it was the end of the world.

Then about a month later I found the forums again and decided to ask questions in the forums, but I didnt see the use in registering because I didnt know how long this mapping thing would last for me (turned out to be longer than I thought) I used to ask questions as a non-user person who didnt get posts or rep, till they removed that function and I decided to just create an account called "master master" . . . turns out my name was not allowed to be that long so it had to be shorted to master maste. and thats my store. :p

DM Cross

Reaction score
Conan and I were actually lab rats for TH with the rep system. We would randomly gain or lose chunks of rep because he was messing with the comments and other things.

After awhile, we stopped caring about rep because we knew the staff more or less held us in some kind of high regard. After all, if TH didn't think we would be cool with it, I don't think he'd have done it.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
look how generous he is
Same exact thing happened to me The helper giving +10....

Tonks

Reaction score
I remember first post I posted here, then I -rep for that post :D
"double post" that was the Comment, realy and till now I dont know where is the first post to be my post is the second one :p
look how generous he is :p

I think the first rep I gave here was -Repping TH himself. I was having a bad day and yelled at him for not being helpful enough :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.