Youtube Videos Don't Play in Google Chrome (Black Screen)

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Okay so I'm having a problem with viewing videos with Google Chrome directly on youtube.com pages. When I attempt such it only loads the video as a black screen with audio only. But when played via an embedded video in a forum post, it works just fine. Videos on any other website work just fine, it's just Youtube.com that has problems.

It might be worth mentioning that the same videos are viewable in Firefox, but I dislike having to run a second browser for just videos. So what gives? Why is youtube.com acting up in Chrome?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
First off, you are using normal Chrome, not Google Canary or some other nightly build, right?

Is your browser up to date? Have you tried re-installing it? I'm not sure if YouTube switched to HTML5 for their players completely or they're still using Flash, so re-installing will also re-install the Java plugin Chrome uses. You could also re-install Java manually.

However, the chance is this is something temporary, as Chrome is in continuous development and they're pushing frequent updates. So if it's something from their end, it will be fixed pretty quick.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.