RPG Zombie Dungeon by me

yuckyducky

Reaction score
Zombie Dungeon 3rd person Co-op RPG Screenshots.

Map uploaded. but only stage 1 completed. All triggers not JASS. Expected to have 4 stages in total, With difficulty increasing in every stage.

1.Info
2.Movement/Attacks
3.Classes
4.Items

1.Info:
It's a co-op RPG. Features arrow keys and keyboard for movement and attacks. It's a escape the dungeon type of map, filled with different monsters, bosses, traps and maybe puzzle areas. Players utilize STAMINA, POWER, and MIND to help them along the way.

2.Movement/Attacks:
Up and Down Arrows: Move forward or backwards.
Left and Right Arrows: Turn left or Right
Z Key: Fast attack (Basic attack that deals POWER as damage with chance to do critical)
X Key: Strong Attack (Attack that deals POWER+STAMINA as damage. Also has a small stun and knockback effect)
C/V Key: Abilities (Either active moves that cost mana, or passive defensive abilities)

3. Classes
Info: There are currently 5 playable classes in the map.
Mageknight - Melee spellcaster. Dependent on spells. Has Fire Bolt and First Aid spells.
Fire Bolt: Fires a bolt forward, dealing damage depending on MIND stat to the first target it hits. In addition, the bolt unleashes a nova on impact, dealing damage and stun to the target's surrounding.
First Aid: Heals you by an amount depending of your MIND stat.

Reaver
- Melee Powerhouse. Can also be a tank. Has Bash and Speed Regeneration abilities.
Bash: Deal damage depending on POWER stat to the area directly infront. Affected units are stunned.
Speed Regeneration: Recovers 1% of your max life per second.

Paladin - Support melee class, either for damage or healing. Has Holy Light and Healing Wave abilities.
Holy Light: Smite enemies directly in front, dealing POWER+MIND as damage.
Healing Wave: Heal you and nearby allies for a certain amount depending on your MIND.

Titan
- melee Tanker class. Has Thunder Clap and Endure abilities.
Thunder Clap: Deals damage depending on your POWER to enemies around you. Has a Slow effect.
Endure: Directly Reduce damage taken.

Assassin - Ranged Class. Not ability dependent. Ranged class normal attack have a slight knockback effect on units it hits. Deals generally more damage than melee classes. Has Power Spear and Buff abilities.
Power Spear: Throw a spear that pierces through enemies in a line, dealing damage along the way.
Buff: Buff allies near you, increasing armor and hp regen for a short duration.

4.Items:
Throughout the game there will be helpful items, If not it will be quite difficult to survive hordes. There are recovery items, bombs, key items and Equipment. Players only have 3 slots for these items, and only slot 1 and 2 has hotkeys linked for them.

MAP -removed

Attachments

• Molotov.jpg
    Molotov.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 350
  • Horde.jpg
    Horde.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 302

Teach101

Reaction score
I like the movement system and the positioning of the keys. But it's kinda hard to solo the game. Also mana was kinda poopy, i pretty much use 1 spell a potion or w/e.

But how did you remove all of the commands and yet still have a guy moving and stuff? Did you make it so you select the guy and via triggers select a building that has the same portrait as the guy?

Well you can pick up items with your mouse, so I guess that isn't how. Unless you gave the command via another trigger to go pick it up.

yuckyducky

Reaction score
I like the movement system and the positioning of the keys. But it's kinda hard to solo the game. Also mana was kinda poopy, i pretty much use 1 spell a potion or w/e.

But how did you remove all of the commands and yet still have a guy moving and stuff? Did you make it so you select the guy and via triggers select a building that has the same portrait as the guy?

Well you can pick up items with your mouse, so I guess that isn't how. Unless you gave the command via another trigger to go pick it up.

thanks for trying out the map XD I'll answer your questions.

To remove all the commands for a unit was quite simple, just set his movement speed zero and attacks enabled to none. This way, the unit is not required to have movement or attack commands.

The unit moving is actually.."fake". I set him as a variable unit, and made him "slide" forward when up is pressed, then play walking animation.

You can pick up items through the "Pick Up" ability. But u have to stand directly on that item's position.

Teach101

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I knew about the disabled atk and movement, but I never knew that sliding could look so real with animations playing. Does the system your using allow to hit while running?

Btw, problem with the pick up all item spells is the fact that people will spam it instead of helping to atk. Then again I never saw any creeps drop the items.

yuckyducky

Reaction score
yes i can make hitting while running. i decided to implement that in my next update. Creeps don't drop items. They're just obstacles for the players. The items are random items at fixed places, sometimes not spawning any item at all.

yuckyducky

Reaction score
upcoming update info.

-Player level bonus stats only up 1 per level.
-Will be a facing cursor for players.
-Players can do a moving attack.
-Break Door is removed, Normal Attack is now usable to attack gates but at a melee range.

Monster type Additions:
-Ethereal(Only damagable with abilities)
-Lasher(Similar to the game Left 4 Dead's Smoker. Uses acolyte model)
-Burner (Ranged ghoul that fires bolts of fire at players. Burns mana. Uses a ghoul model with fireball attachments to hands. He's runs away when u get too close)

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
from the looks of the screenshots if mouse is used to turn the camera (if that is not what "facing cursor" means please correct me) i would suggest panning the camera out a bit so your not staring straight at his back all day (because that covers monsters) and makes it hard to click for the camera turn (once again correct me if im wrong) <when i say pan it out i also mean change the angle of attack so its more on the head of the hero instead of directly at the back)

i would suggest making pick up item into a target item ability, then slide the unit over so he can "pick the item up"

also use the edit button, posting within 24 hours of your previous post counts as a doubble post and that is frowned down upon (ive done quadruple posts but thats over the course of a week <once every day or two i post> =_=)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i was using a similar system myself once however i would advice you to use the mouse as well. for example give your unit the "rally" ability with which the players can rightclick the ground and objects such as gates and items.
thence you wouldnt need a "pick item up" ability or an "open door" ability but use the right click for it.

yuckyducky

Reaction score
from the looks of the screenshots if mouse is used to turn the camera (if that is not what "facing cursor" means please correct me) i would suggest panning the camera out a bit so your not staring straight at his back all day (because that covers monsters) and makes it hard to click for the camera turn (once again correct me if im wrong) <when i say pan it out i also mean change the angle of attack so its more on the head of the hero instead of directly at the back)

i would suggest making pick up item into a target item ability, then slide the unit over so he can "pick the item up"

also use the edit button, posting within 24 hours of your previous post counts as a doubble post and that is frowned down upon (ive done quadruple posts but thats over the course of a week <once every day or two i post> =_=)

No the mouse is not used to turn the camera. you don't use the mouse at all for the game. instead u turn the camera with left and right. it follows your character. U "turn" the character's facing with the camera. Maybe i used the wrong word, but the cursor is more like a marker to indicate your character's facing. The camera scrolling and zoom is disabled.

I understand what you mean by target item ability. I'll think about it. thanks for the suggestion :D

i was using a similar system myself once however i would advice you to use the mouse as well. for example give your unit the "rally" ability with which the players can rightclick the ground and objects such as gates and items.
thence you wouldnt need a "pick item up" ability or an "open door" ability but use the right click for it.

I'm sorry, but u still can pick up items with rightclick. It just depends on range. I want the characters to use arrow keys as movement. Gates can't be destroyed by a click. I removed the Attack command and Move command for the units. I want it to be an Hack and Slash coop RPG.

There's no Open Door ability, it is more of a Attack Destructible ability. I had removed it and added it into the Attack Move of the characters. Gates and obstacles are to be destroyed, unless there's a requirement like finding a key or setting a explosive.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
alright, so your cursor is just a marker for where your facing... i would still pull the camera back and at an angle because once again because your stairing directly at the unit's back, you cannot see what is directly infront of your unit unless they are bigger then your unit (once again from the screen shots <sorry im a bit hooked on torchlight and Wc3 isnt my primary priority>) but if you pull the camera back and re-angle your camera so its not directly looking at the back, then you can see what is directly infront of your unit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.