can't install patch BF1942

U

Unregistered

Hey,

I can't install the latest patch for Battlefield (1.6.19). It just don't want to launch, when I click the icon, i have to wait, and then it says something like that: The archive you're going to extract is corrupted, download again, and change priority. Well, I have downloaded it over 10 times, I have burned it on a CD, I downloaded it on another PC. I went to a lanparty, and everybody have downloaded it from my PC and in all cases it worked. I made my HDD empty, and reinstalled WinXP, but nothing helps. A month before it worked... I have done a test for bad sectors on my hard disk, and found a few, but nothing helps...

If anyone knows the answer, please help! :(

U

Unregistered

Don't think it's a virus, I have Norton AntiVirus 2004 and I also did all the updates...

U

Unregistered

link

also, that link you gave me, when i have to scan, there's an update running for the engine or something like that, but tried that over 20 times, it always sais: invalid zip file, blabla... Again - Cancel... :(

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
are u installing the incremental patch or the full 1.6 patch ? (full patch is recommended)

M

mrca

1.6 installation prob

Hi all, my first posting ever...

Same probs as "unregistered" person.
I downloaded the patch from about 5 different locations and always the same message:

"The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of this file, verify it's integrity, and try again."

I run xp home with 1gig of mem, athlon 2700+, radeon 9700pro.

Virus scanner doesn't detect anything.

I tried the incremental as well as the full version.

Thanks

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
OK - hang in there - we are processing this. Keep checking back - we are researching.

M

mrca

OK, thx i'm hangin and checkin...

Server seems slow today, or is it me.? (from germany)

M

mrca

server is better now...lol

la..lala..laaalaaa;.laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ahrgh
(10hours later)

..grmph
still no news....i'm checkin... anybody ideas ?
thx "Helper"

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Man I know it is tough to be patient when you got that sweet game ready to be played but can't do to a tech support issue. I am working on it and expect some sort of response tomorrow.

I am not new to these forums but I am new to BF1942 Tech Support so what I am doing now is gathering a bunch of resources together to help you in case I can't. EA support sucks so that is why we are here. Check back tomorrow afternoon after 4 Central Time and if I cannot help you I will have something for you anyway. Thanks for your patience. I am working on this but there are almost no other reports of this I can find. Hang in there - it is so tough to troubleshoot stuff when the company that makes the game does not give a #$#% about support. It is like shooting in the dark. Hang in there though - I am not The Helper for nothing.

M

mrca

thank you "Helper"

I tried to download again but no way to installl. (grmpf)

:mad:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.