World China: 3,500 ft Glass Walkway Cracks Under Visitors’ Feet

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
oDTI6up.jpg

The 3,500 ft glass walkway in the Yuntai Mountain Geological Park gave its visitors quite a shock when it began to crack on Monday, after a visitor dropped a stainless steel cup.

The walkway hasn’t been in operation for very long, having only opened on September 20th. It features custom-made glass panelling. Each glass panel is 2.7cm thick, and can support up to 800kg in weight, but the incident understandably caused quite a commotion amongst the people who were using the walkway at the time.

Lee Dong Hai, a tourist who was on the walkway when it began to crack, posted the following message on social networking site Weibo: “I was almost at the end and suddenly I heard a sound. My foot shook a little. I looked down and I saw that there was a crack in the floor.”

Hai continued: “Lots of people began screaming. I screamed ‘It’s cracked, it’s actually cracked!’ and I pushed the people in front of me aside so that we could run.”

Last edited by a moderator:

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
“Lots of people began screaming. I screamed ‘It’s cracked, it’s actually cracked!’ and I pushed the people in front of me aside so that we could run.”

I love how candid he is. It sounds like he didn't even once consider how fucked up that was. Save yourself, dude; better you than them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I love how candid he is. It sounds like he didn't even once consider how fucked up that was. Save yourself, dude; better you than them.
As far as I understood the people in front of him were already on safe ground, so it is quite reasonable to push them aside.

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Oh, fair enough. It was a big walkway, I figured he'd have some more glass to get across.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Well he said he was almost at the end of the walkway when it happened.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
It would be more interesting if the glass actually fell apart.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.