Cinematic Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sargon

Reaction score
As far as I can tell, he's not determined for Player to win it, he's determined for him not to get excluded unfairly. I know you're sick of the issue, and I know it's getting on your nerves, but it really wouldn't be fair for anyone if you excluded part 6 of Shipwrecked. I mean, if I, for instance, ended up winning it, but the thing that Player would have submitted was better than mine, I'd feel like I won unfairly.

R

R15I23D05D14

Good end to a controversial issue.

I should be a journalist. I used the word controvertial.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Damn, I was hoping something like this wouldn't happen. All I wanted was for people to submit a cinematic that they made, and we would rate it.

Killfest then submitted a really great cinematic, which everyone liked, but I thought was a bit to good for some people to compare with so I disallowed it.

I know it wasn't breaking any rules, but as I said, it was just going to be a bit hard to beat.

Jindo if your still interested in becoming a judge you can. So can anyone else for that matter (including you Killfest if you want).

I am dissapointed at how serious this has become, but I guess we can't all have our ways.
-Husky

K

Killfest2

Sorry? I signed Player up, for sure, but as far as I'm aware, he verifyed the emails, and posted the comments. I signed him up because he said he had to go offline, so when he came back on he would have an account, and know the URl, which I couldn't give to him as he didn't have the time to go there, let alone sign up.

Fine, I broke the rules, but that does not mean that Player should not be allowed to contribute - he verifyed the emails, he posted, and that's the final word.

R

R15I23D05D14

Who votes we let the competition slide? BTW, Bad reopening of controvertial issue. Can I have 2 cents?

Sargon

Reaction score
Sigh...

OK, I did already say that I was in the competition, but at this point I agree with R2D2. If Husky wants to try it again, he's welcome to, but he should make sure to articulate the rules better when he starts it.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Ok how about this: You post up a link to SW6 and i'll have a look at it. If its outstanding as 7 was, i will disallow it.
If i think someone has a chance of beating it, I will allow it.

How does that sound?
-Husky

P.S: I will not vote unfairly on it. I think everyone else should have a look at it to, to see if they think they can beat it.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Ok one of the moderators should just delete this thread, and ill start a whole new one.
-Husky

Sargon

Reaction score
husky_003 said:
Ok how about this: You post up a link to SW6 and i'll have a look at it. If its outstanding as 7 was, i will disallow it.
If i think someone has a chance of beating it, I will allow it.

How does that sound?
-Husky

P.S: I will not vote unfairly on it. I think everyone else should have a look at it to, to see if they think they can beat it.

What? No! Don't disqualify ANYTHING because it's really good. Disqualify him because of the weird tricks he pulled with accounts, but don't disqualify him because it's too good.

Sargon

Reaction score
Killfest, Husky isn't in The Last Stand project, as far as I know. And he's the only one who's disqualifying things for being really, really good.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Sargon said:
What? No! Don't disqualify ANYTHING because it's really good. Disqualify him because of the weird tricks he pulled with accounts, but don't disqualify him because it's too good.

Ok, ill do that. Should I disqualify him, or SW?

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Killfest said:
Hmmm...you can blame Husky if i decide to quit helping The Last Stand.

That is very immature. You broke the rules. You did wrong. Not him. You want to be "grroar" at the site for that, then perhaps you shouldn't be a part of the site project anyway.

Take responsibility for what you have done.

Husky-
Close, not delete. Think of all the people that will lose post count. Thread's this big do not usually get deleted ;)

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Didn't know you lost post count if a thread got deleted.

Ok I will start a new one.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Ban Kill, not the cine.

You can close this yourself. You're a special member, and you started it, thus, you can close it.

I advise the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.