Cinematic Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Killfest2

So if I submit Part 6 on behalf of Player, which was his own work, yet almost as good, it will have to be accepted?

Or will you people make a rule saying 'No Shipwrecked Cinematics, even the ones that don't break the rules' or 'No Cinematics with Custom Wood Tiles' etc.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
husky_003 said:
The Terrain Contest isn't stickied either :(
-Husky
Theyre not stickied because they are not officially endorsed TheHelper.net tournaments.

And no access rights or TheHelper awards will be given for tournaments we did not create.

Espcially when no officials are in charge or running the show.

If you wanted an official one, you should have asked.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Killfest2 said:
So if I submit Part 6 on behalf of Player, which was his own work, yet almost as good, it will have to be accepted?

He should really submit his own work, so you can submit your own work, Kill :) It does say in the rules that "it", which I assume means a submission, must be your work. So just have him submit it.

Im_On_56k said:
Im sure some people who submits maps will get help from other people, and won't say so. Just because you know this person got help, he can't submit. What about other people who arn't going to say they got help?

That's a possibility. Husky wrote the initial rules, so if you really want it changed, you're going to have to talk specifically to him. Good point, but I'm merely saying what's been said, not my own opinions.

Though, my own opinion is I'd rather see people work alone and submit only their own work, but you said it yourself: Can't stop people.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Killfest2 said:

husky_003 said:
SHIPRECKED IS DISQUALIFIED

Read the rules, It must be your own work. No group submissions are allowed.
1 person per cinematic.
-Husky

EDIT:
Im_On_56K said:
They may get helped from someone and not say..

Well, if they do that and win, they will/should feel guilty about it. If someone wants to cheat that way, they can, but then that shows that they can't do stuff by themsleves. Honesty guys, honesty...

This competition was not initally mean to be competitive, I just wanted some people to send in some Cinematic they made, and if they win they just got a little prize, nothing serious. Lets please not make it that way.

Thanks,
-Husky

K

Killfest2

husky_003 said:
Shiprecked is disqualified from this Contest

End of Story.
-Husky

Interesting...a blanket ban, eh...I disagree totally, as Part 6 broke no rules.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Killfest, just make something for yourself, please read the edit of the post above yours.

Lets get over the Shiprecked thing, and lets make a cinematic.
-Husky

Sargon

Reaction score
I agree with Killfest here. Why shouldn't part 6, which was created by one person, be allowed in? Just because 7 is a continuation of the plot 6 doesn't mean that if 7 breaks the rules, 6 did too.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Sargon said:
I agree with Killfest here. Why shouldn't part 6, which was created by one person, be allowed in? Just because 7 is a continuation of the plot 6 doesn't mean that if 7 breaks the rules, 6 did too.

Oh, I didnt realise Part 6, was only made by Player. But i'm still sticking to what I said.
-Husky

K

Killfest2

Three more things:

a) If you download custom music off the web, then edit it by ourself, is that still considered a Joint Project, or do you physically have to make the music yourself.

b) If you download someone elses' custom skins and use them, is that considered a Joint Project?

c) if you get someone else to find thing for you so you can add them, is that considered a Joint Project?

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
All of the above are accepted. But please be more clear on "c".

Also if you have entered, please say, cause ill add all contestants to the first post.

Thanks,
-Husky

P.S: New Rules :eek: :
-Copies of other Cinematics will be disqualified.
-You are only allowed to submit a Maximum of 2 Cinematics

K

Killfest2

After clearing that up, you have no grounds to ban SW6 from competing in this competition when Player submits it.

RULES: (my reply to the rule is underneath the actual rule)

-All Cinematics must be in by Saturday August 20th (14 Days as of today).
He will do that.

-Cinematic must actually be about something (not just lots of random stuff).
It is - it tells the story of Captain Jacob.

-Terrain Cinematics are accepted (cinematics which only show terrain)
N/A

-You can use profanity in your cinematics but please limit it (to much and you'll have to edit it and re-submit).
There is no profanity in SW6

-Custom Models and Skins are allowed.
Good - he uses them.

-Must be of a decent length (not to long but not to short).
It is - apporx. 5-6mins

-Terrain cinematics can be shorter than a normal cinematic.
N/A

-Please list your cinematic genre when you submit it (Comedy, Adventure, Battle Scene etc.
He will.

-All Cinematics will be rated out of 10.
N/A
-Post all Cinematics in this thread.
He will.

-No group cinematics, only one person per cinematic.
He made it by himself.

-Must be your own work.
It was Players own work.

-Flaming Judges will lose you points.
Define 'Flaming'. Anyway, he hasn't flamed anyone, as he has only had two comments.

-Judges are allowed to submit their own cinematics, but the other judges will rate it.
N/A

His is not a copy (wouldn't this rule come under "Must be your own work"?)

He will.

Sargon

Reaction score
I have entered.

DM Cross

Reaction score
They have a point.

Actually, they have a lot of points :)

7 is not allowed.

I say 6 should be.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Dude, no shipwrecked! Even if Player does submit it, it WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

Please lets not turn this into a personal battle. Just make a cinematic. Have fun, as I said, lets not turn this into a battle.

Can we please leave it at that.
Thanks,
-Husky

P.S: Added myself, Sargon and Killfest to: Known Contestants on the front page.

K

Killfest2

Sargon: Good to hear.

Alexander: Thanks for actually agreeing to me, as husky doesn't appear to want to.

Please lets not turn this into a personal battle. Just make a cinematic. Have fun, as I said, lets not turn this into a battle.

Can we please leave it at that.
Thanks,
-Husky

Please remember, this is a PUBLIC COMPETITION, you said so yourself, so as long as it abides by all the rules, it can't be excluded on basis of pre-popularity.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
:mad: Im sorry, but this really getting on my nerves now, I said no and I mean no. Can you not accept that!?! Why are you so determined for Player (whos only been a member since a few hours ago) to win this!?!

Give some other people a chance!
-Husky

DM Cross

Reaction score
*Sigh*

Sadly, I am dropping my position as judge of this contest. Killfest as given you all the evidence you need to change your mind, yet you are being too stubborn. I agree with you on some points, but this... Show of control is very disturbing.

Perhaps Omega-Mods.com will sponser a contest that is a bit less strict...

Please drop my name from the list of judges and await someone else to ask for that position.

K

Killfest2

Here is all my arguments in one:

RULES (with my reply underneath):

The Rules said:
-All Cinematics must be in by Saturday August 20th (14 Days as of today).
He will do that.

-Cinematic must actually be about something (not just lots of random stuff).
It is - it tells the story of Captain Jacob.

-Terrain Cinematics are accepted (cinematics which only show terrain)
N/A

-You can use profanity in your cinematics but please limit it (to much and you'll have to edit it and re-submit).
There is no profanity in SW6

-Custom Models and Skins are allowed.
Good - he uses them.

-Must be of a decent length (not to long but not to short).
It is - apporx. 5-6mins

-Terrain cinematics can be shorter than a normal cinematic.
N/A

-Please list your cinematic genre when you submit it (Comedy, Adventure, Battle Scene etc.
He will.

-All Cinematics will be rated out of 10.
N/A
-Post all Cinematics in this thread.
He will.

-No group cinematics, only one person per cinematic.
He made it by himself.

-Must be your own work.
It was Players own work.

-Flaming Judges will lose you points.
Define 'Flaming'. Anyway, he hasn't flamed anyone, as he has only had two comments.

-Judges are allowed to submit their own cinematics, but the other judges will rate it.
N/A

His is not a copy (wouldn't this rule come under "Must be your own work"?)

He will.

I see that player has joined. But I think i'm going to disallow that entry
The reason for this:
-How is anyone going to compare to that! It's just too good for anyone to compare with. Now, if it did count, whats the point in having this contest if its obvious from the first day whos going to win?
That’s like saying in sport ‘you’re too good for this grade, but there is nothing higher than this , so you can’t play’.

It is a contest to determine the best of EVERYONE.
Exactly.

A public contest isnt a public contest if some users cant enter their work. This my friend is a public contest. You cant just say someone cant submit their work because they are professional in the type of contest.
See above ^^

It WAS disqualified because mutiple maker's participated in it's making. Please READ what we write before you try to show me up.
if that is the case, SW6 has to be let in, as it didn’t do that.

You have not justified your grounds to do this – give us a reason for doing this, and we may accept it, but so far, you have given us no reason to do it.

I say no and I mean no.
Basis for doing this? You need grounds for banning someone, as I mentioned above.

If you fail to accept that as evidence, then how are we to know that you will bother to open your eyes when you judge the contest? You obviously aren't being fair here, so how can other contestants, even if SW6 isn't in the comp, to be guaranteed a fair judging, if you can't be fair here?

R

R15I23D05D14

Given I found 2 cents on omega-mods.com, I will now donate it to this debate. I am for allowing shipwrecked.

There is something about banning things that win. These group descisions seem to be made soley to disqualify shipwrecked. Note they were made AFTER map submission. I am no lawyer, but you are on shaky ground.

I agree it would be horribal to have the certain winner on day one. Live with it. I earned my $60 (only money I have ever earned) running campaigns for my local shop, (www.gameshq,com.au). We are an small shop and campaigns are often decided when the players enter the shop. There is not much you can do. Also, a similar situation to this showed up in the last campaign//event we had. I ruled against banning the player, who was apparently misleading opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.