[Contest] Hero Contest

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
even tho it's not done yet i feel like posting dsecriptions so i can get some feedback

Dark Mage
Kath'ranis The Destroyer

Chain of Death - (targets 1 unit, bounces are uncontrollable but seek low hp units) deals 2x int base damage and bounces 3/4/5 times. Each unit that is killed adds 30/40/50 bonus damage and an extra bounce.

Dark Mark - (targets 1 unit) Opens up a dimensional gate and calls forth a felbeast to attack the target. The felbeast deals damage to anyone that it runs through based on it's speed. if it kills a unit it's run-thru damage increases and it gets bigger. if the felbeast catches the target, it explodes dealing 75/150/225 damage to the target and 50/100/150 damage to everyone nearby. the run-thru damage starts at 25/50/75 and increases by 15/30/45 per unit killed.

Reduction - (passive) each attack reduces the hp of the target by 1/2/3% of their max hp per attack. this effect stacks with itself and increases for each consecutive hit. ex: first hit deals damage + 2%, second hit deals damage + 4%, third hit deals damage + 6%, etc.

Conversion - (toggleable) - converts hp to mana or mana to hp based on which is lower (by %). each second it can convert up to 10 hp to 5 mana or 5 mana to 10 hp.

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
deals 2x int base damage
No Blizzard skill is based on attributes.
Reduction - (passive) each attack reduces the hp of the target by 1/2/3% of their max hp per attack. this effect stacks with itself and increases for each consecutive hit. ex: first hit deals damage + 2%, second hit deals damage + 4%, third hit deals damage + 6%, etc.
That is so ridiculously overpowered, you have no idea... the Firelord's passive is the same concept except it's static damage with the same numbers instead of a percentage.
Conversion - (toggleable) - converts hp to mana or mana to hp based on which is lower (by %). each second it can convert up to 10 hp to 5 mana or 5 mana to 10 hp.
That honestly doesn't sound like an ultimate; I think it would be better as a regular ability. I think if you made Dark Mark the ultimate and put Conversion in its place, it would be better.
Skill 2:
Freezing Hand
Freezes an enemy, stops him from doing anything. Every second he gets damaged by the chilling frost of Diablo himself
Aside from all of your skills being badly formulated, since when does Diablo freeze things?

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
I regret to say that I will be dropping out of this contest. Tomorrow I am leaving for a 2 week camping trip so I will be unable to submit anything.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
updated

even tho it's not done yet i feel like posting dsecriptions so i can get some feedback

Dark Mage
Kath'ranis The Destroyer

Chain of Death - (targets 1 unit, bounces are uncontrollable but seek low hp units) deals 85/100/120 base damage and bounces 3/4/5 times. Each unit that is killed adds 30/40/50 bonus damage and an extra bounce.

Dark Mark - (targets 1 unit) Opens up a dimensional gate and calls forth a felbeast to attack the target. The felbeast deals damage to anyone that it runs through based on it's speed. if it kills a unit it's run-thru damage increases and it gets bigger. if the felbeast catches the target, it explodes dealing 75/150/225 damage to the target and 50/100/150 damage to everyone nearby. the run-thru damage starts at 25/50/75 and increases by 15/30/45 per unit killed.

Darkness Aura - each second every unit within range has a % chance to die instantly based on how much hp they have left. up to 5/10/15% chance to die instantly if under 5/10/15% hp.

Power Drain - (channeling, 5 sec duration) - drains hp and mana from all enemy units within 800 range, amount drained depends on distance and amount of corpses in range.

Black Hawk

Reaction score
Just as Demonwrath said, that i have to drop out because im very busy.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I guess ima put mine up early, i might change some stuff tho

edit: updated

Attachments

• slapshot136's hero contest entry.w3x
    276.4 KB · Views: 264

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
This is my entry....

Demon Warlock
OK. I've ignored the Diablo hero and I created another which is much more balanced to melee specifications. The use of this hero is for destruction, to destroy. He can do many skills, like cold attacks and fire attacks and also lightning skills. His skills have high mana costs and have a fair cool-down period.

3 skills are JASS spells and the Ultimate skill is GUI.

This demon can cast elemental spells too, a variety of elements and effects for each spell.

Skill 1 - Inferno of Destruction
Icon-InfernoOfDestruction.jpg

Creates a huge, wide and destructive inferno in front of the Warlock, dealing damage to any enemy unit singed in the flames. The more closer enemy units are to the inferno, the more damage they take. The farther the enemies, the lesser damage they take, until it reaches the base damage amount.

Level 1 - 75 base damage
Level 2 - 135 base damage
Level 3 - 195 base damage

Cooldown: 12 seconds

InfernoOfDestruction.jpg

Skill 2 - Frozen Touch
Icon-FrozenTouch.jpg

A deadly and destructive frost attack. Charges the Warlock's hand with extreme frost, then attacks a target enemy unit. The target unit gets frozen, meaning it cannot move or cast spells, then the target unit takes damage while frozen. The target also takes 100 initial damage. Air units cannot be frozen but still take initial damage.

Level 1 - 3 second freeze duration, 25 damage per second
Level 2 - 4 second freeze duration, 50 damage per second
Level 3 - 5 second freeze duration, 75 damage per second

Cooldown: 15 seconds

FrozenTouch-ChargeUp.jpg

- charge up
FrozenTouch-FreezeEffect.jpg

- freezing effect

Skill 3 - Arcane Curse
Icon-ArcaneCurse.jpg

Curses a target enemy unit. The curse will have very destructive effects against spell-casters and such. A cursed unit will be stripped of a percentage of his mana when casting any spell. When a cursed unit casts a spell with no mana, then a small percentage of his health will be drained.

Level 1 - 25% Mana removed, 10% Hit Points removed for non-mana casters, Lasts 10 seconds
Level 2 - 40% Mana removed, 15% Hit Points removed for non-mana casters, Lasts 20 seconds
Level 3 - 55% Mana removed, 20% Hit Points removed for non-mana casters, Lasts 30 seconds

Cooldown: 11 seconds

Note: The percentage of mana drained is not the percentage of the current mana, but the percentage of the maximum mana of that unit!! This spell is very effective against high-mana spellcasters.

ArcaneCurse-Cast.jpg

- cast
ArcaneCurse-Effect.jpg

-effect

Ultimate Skill - Hellfire Nova
Icon-HellfireNova.jpg

The forces of magic in the Hellstone are amongst the most devastating elements of magic, thus it can even surpass magic itself. Creates a devastating Hellfire Nova that can singe even the strongest of all creatures. The Nova deals massive damage and it will dramatically destroy the mana of the units it strikes.

Cooldown: 120 seconds
HellfireNova.jpg

Note: This skill is very devastating and it can remove all the mana of spellcasters, while dealing huge amounts of damage. It also has great eye-candy. Use it in an area filled with enemy units.

All skills have 3 levels and ultimates 1. I did my best to make this hero cool to use. I've use imported materials. The credits can be viewed in the Readme section of the trigger editor. I created the icon for the Hellfire Nova spell, and it's cool.

Please give comments and tell me if it's good...:shades:

Attachments

• Demon Warlock.w3x
    727.6 KB · Views: 329

--Thanatos--

Reaction score
Time's going to be up -_-".

Wtf, nearly no submissions? I extend the limit then, I'll expect better :) .

New Time Limit: 5th August --".

BTW,
Attribute based abilities, isn't any good for melee. -_-" Doesn't match.

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
You didn't honestly expect many entries... did you?

Oh, and I can't finish because I'm going on vacation from the 3rd to the 18th. And I finally finished my Custom Sleep Functions, too... :(

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
You. Have. No. Theme.

It has a theme. Demon

More info about it is written in the Readme section of my demo map

It took me a long time to finish this hero, so be happy with it...

HailCommi

Reaction score
is it just me or jonadrian619's post have a Diablo II theme? =/ I mean, you have Ba'al's fireball nova thing, Blood Mana + Mana Rift combo, and Diablo's Cold Touch. Please correct me if I'm wrong =/, its just I'm having this deja vu thing with the DII days :D.

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
Here's my idea and so on, but I don't know if I'm going to actually make it or not. I have a lot of projects I'm working on, heh

I base my heroes on a different system from the norm, so.. you'll see : )

I don't think I'll even write out all the forms as you advance up. There are too many =)

Demon Race:
Notes-
Code:
The Demon Race is a race that advances through the hiearchy of hell. As you grow and evolve, you must face certain challenges and defeat opponents. You must earn your right to be the double crossing back stabbing Demonic Emperor (your name here ;)
Stage 1. Shadowling
Code:
Life isn't easy being a demon, and saying so, you start out as nothing more than a small shade, barely able to even retain a form. Your main use is using your Energy, which flows freely about you.

You get to distribute [b]550[/b] Stat Points.

Your base stats are as follows (stats use a new statistics system that works with an an MUI system)

[b]Vitality[/b]- 800
[code]
Vitality is your health. 350 Vitality Points are equal to 1 Health Point

Strength- 250
Code:
Strength promotes melee weapon damage. Depending on the weapon, strength can add anywhere from 1 damage per 550 points to 1 damage per 300 points.

Speed- 90000
Code:
Speed increases your movement speed. Every 300 points increases your movement speed by 1. Shades are extremely fast for their ranking in the Underworld.

Agility- 4500
Code:
Agility improves your ability to respond. It increases attack rate and so forth. Most of the attack rate is based on the weapon being used though. Every 500 points increases the attack rate by .01.

Energy-52500
Code:
Energy is needed to attack, defend, move, and so on. Without energy, you are crippled. The Shade is very difficult to hit as it is just a shadow. It is also quite fast. It has high amounts of energy coursing through it to keep it alive. However, the more energy something has, the more unstable it is, meaning, if it were hit, it could lose all of it. The less it has, the more stable it is. 
An Example:
with 20000 energy, you might lose 100% with no protection
with 10 energy you might lose .03%

Every 400 points is equal to 1 energy point.

Intelligence-800
Code:
Intelligence improves the types of spells you can cast. Some spells require intelligence. Some spells require wisdom. Every 750 points is equal to 1 intelligence point. Shades are quite stupid, so they can only cast very low level spells. It is quite hard to get up your spell-casting.

Wisdom-125
Code:
Wisdom improves the type of wisdom spells you can learn. Every 750 points is equal to 1 wisdom point. Demons are very greedy and selfish.

Charisma-500
Code:
Charisma improves your energy regeneration. Warriors want low energy and high charisma. It's always good to have good Charisma. Shadowlings are kicked around a lot, but have high hopes to one day become an Emperor. 450 Points = 1 Charisma Point

Personality-25
Code:
Personality allows you to more easily talk with NPCs and so on. It can get you better deals as well, and helps with Merchanting. Every 300 points is 1 Personality Point. Shadowlings do not have a good personality at all.

Leadership-10
Code:
Leadership allows you to command units, even build up an army or an Empire. Shadowlings are looked down at and laughed at. They have utterly terrible leadership. Every 550 points = 1 Leadership Point
---------------------------------------------------------
Skill Possibility List
Code:
Anyone can learn any skill. Learning a skill is all based upon your stats and knowledges. If you do not have the stats or the knowledge to learn a skill, then you can't learn it. In this way, you could have an orc mage. Ability power is also largely based on stats and knowledge. If you decided to go for an orc mage, it would probably suck, lol.

Thus, they can learn any skill possible. I might decide to come up with a few specialty skills just for the demon race, based on stage of course. Not all races would evolve like the Demon Race.

I'll write more later, I'm too tired atm... I've been working a lot, oi oi

When you get to a certain point in experience btw, maybe a kill count requirement, etc, you advance up to a new stage. The form you advance up is dependant on your stats, the requirement you did, and the skills you decided to learn, as well as your knowledges. At the beginning, there aren't many choices to advance up to, but as you go on, it continues to split and split and split.
When you advance up, the model changes and you get to distribute stat points =)

It is divived into 3 different things:
Base Level (Purple Bar Levels)
Level (Maybe every 10 base levels or so, based on your class, level, etc. Level 1 might be easier to get, but they get harder as they go up.)
Master Level(Based on 5 and up Levels. The Master Level is like your stage up)

Base Levels pretty much give you the chance to advance your knowledges
Levels give you the chance to add new abilities/advance abilities
Master Levels are Stat Distribution and bonuses based on what you did

Let's say that there were 2 different things to get you special bonuses while you leveled up. Your master level is when you get to choose what form you take next.

Let's say 1 is killing monsters using only spells
Let's say another is killing monsters using only melee attack

Whenever you kill a monster with pure spells, it adds to your bonus pool for let's say a more mage orientated form. Whenever you kill with just melee, it adds to bonus pool for a more warrior type form. As you advance up, the forms get more and more specific, even providing bonuses to certain spells and letting you learn secret spells only that small branch can learn. As you advance up, you get more forms to choose from, but it gets more specific as I said. You can also create sort of hybrid forms, like a battlemage.

Not all race models would change. The demon changes because, well, yea.

If you were a human, your model would stay the same =)

Well, it's not about creating heroes, it's about creating races and letting the player choose whatever path they want out of all the paths. Based on the race, some paths might be better to choose than others.

Demons would make pretty powerful assassin/spell-casting type characters because of their high speed and energy. They might even make decent warriors, they'd be faster than all the others, and they could have a sort of spell repertoire. From there, we can further branch out into the knowledges. There are knowledge bases for races... for example, demons do better in destructive magic than healing magic.

So.. you get the basic idea of this race then : )

Let's say there are 50 master levels for the demon race (that's extremely large)
Let's do a level 50 abiilty for an High End Emperor, High End Defiler, Medium Protection type demon (High Leadership and Energy, as well as a large amount of skill points and knowledge points going towards Corruption. The Protection is a must for any caster so they're own spells don't destroy them.)

keep in mind that my spells are different too, I'll explain
Harbinger of the Seraphim: -Stage 50
It begins by casting a red glow around the player's demon. The player must control the glow and make sure nothing gets out of line. This glow is to sort of create the base of a funnel which will pull the Seraphim from heaven.

When the base is secured, a tornado filled with dust and lightning will begin to spiral around and up. It'll send out random sparks to nearby enemies. Chains grow out of the ground and go upwards, they stop for a sec, then they come back down dragging a Seraphim. The player must capture them by creating an Energy Orb (a purple fiery orb) in the place where the Seraphim will touch the ground. The minute one gets away (too late with the orb), the spell is at maximum and it's unleashed. As the spell continues, more chains appear and they go faster and faster, building up more and more energy. The funnel also widens. Anything caught within the storm is torn to shreds. You must keep a protective shield up as well, lest you be torn to shreds and the spell demolished. This is a very difficult spell to master.

When the spell is completed, the tornado bursts outward into specs of dust, each one releasing massive sparks of lightning. They rotate around magenetic bolts of lightning as well and slowly dissipate away. Anyone caught near them will slowly be sucked in, including the caster.

The Purple Orbs begin to soar out of the caster. A Firey Pillar appears where they are going to land. You must create a sort of gateway at the Firey Pillar before the orb gets there for each orb. If you fail, the spell bursts by releasing the rest of the orbs as massive balls of pure energy.

At each gateway you manage to make, a fallen seraphim will spawn. As you make more and more, the orbs will come out faster and more will come out at once. They all go within range of the tornada from before.

The Fallen Seraphim are pure white with ragged hair, a ragged sort of robe, skeletal arms ending with claws, and chains all over. The head looks almost like a the skeletal head of a horse.

Stats that are useful for this spell:
Leadership: You need this to control the Fallen Seraphim -.-. If you don't have enough, they will tear you apart, so stop when you feel like you won't be able to control anymore.

Charisma: Um, you could run out of energy pretty fast, so you need high regeneration

Major Intelligence: Um, yea..

Major Energy: If you run out of mana, ur pretty screwed. The spell just bursts

As you see, high level spells can be difficult and take a lot of time. That's only for high level. Basic spells might need a small combo, or something else. You can always build up energy, but only to a certain point. That energy is largely based on your mana.

For the spell above, you need to know when to stop the different stages so you don't run out of mana and you don't get so many Corrupted Seraphim that you cannot control them. You also have to keep protections up for yourself, otherwise you could be destroyed by your own energy.

Well, that's just one idea ^_^. This spell would actually be pretty cool.

For defining the red glow, if you make it too small, you might not be able to build up the spell as much as you could. If you make it too big, it might be too difficult for you to handle skill wise or you might accidently build it up beyond your guy's capabilities ^_^

I might just make this spell... it sounds very neato

0zaru

Learning vJASS ;)
Reaction score
Wha.. my brother deleted my hero map -.-". I have to do it all new.. well if you extend it some time (A few days maybe) i can finish it again

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
is it just me or jonadrian619's post have a Diablo II theme? =/ I mean, you have Ba'al's fireball nova thing, Blood Mana + Mana Rift combo, and Diablo's Cold Touch. Please correct me if I'm wrong =/, its just I'm having this deja vu thing with the DII days .

Man, I never ever got to Act IV and I just killed mehpisto, Well I got the spell idea to the Arreat Summit and made them from scratch myself without asking how to to other people

Anyway that's Ok..

Err... Hey Thanatos you dint add my hero to the entries post...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.