[Contest] Hero Contest

darth-yoda

Reaction score
wow there are a lot of contestants!

If your still accepting entries I would also like to join in:p

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Questions: Can I use spells made by others, such as Vexorian's Spells and Such??. Can I add systems like the caster system for those spells to run?

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
no idea what to do yet... but i'm not dropping out...

Questions: (again)

MPI-GUI is allowed right?
do all abilities have to be triggered?
if my hero has a non-triggered spell, will that reduce my grade?

-
thehelperTripleAnimatedUB.gif

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
I believe this contest is to create your own hero, own abilities, and such. Why are there people that just want to edit or copy abilities.

I am not the judge, but you can do it. You will just be scored lower..

The hero must be 100% made by you.
Abilities are part of the hero.. I believe.
Do not request spells from the others, asking "how to" is ok.
Although you are not requesting spells from others, you are just using spells from others.

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
Ok, I've got an idea for my hero:

BTNHeroLich.jpg
The Nocturne - AKA: The Sleep-Mage​

BTNPossession.jpg
Sleepwalk - Point Active

- Quickly meanders to target point in a zig-zag pattern (no collision)

- All touched units are put to sleep for X seconds

BTNShadowPact.jpg
Narcoleptic Seizures - Unit Active

- Curses target unit such that every time it falls asleep in the next X seconds it takes Y damage and is jarred awake

- Also gives a chance for the cursed unit to fall asleep upon attacking another unit

BTNPassiveLocustSwarm.jpg
Dreamcatcher - Passive

- Sucks dreams (life/mana) from nearby (enemy?) sleeping units.

- "Dreams" are Phoenix fire/Nerubian tower/Spirit tower (don't know which one) animated projectiles that move slowly towards the hero

- The life is stolen when it the dream originates at the unit, but is not given until it reaches the hero.

BTNFaerieFire-1.jpg
Weave - AoE Targeted; Ultimate

- Intertwines the memories of all asleep units in an area. (Creates a web of purple aerial shackles lightning effects between all units)

- When one of the units takes damage, all other asleep units will receive 80% of that damage (the attacked unit still takes 100% damage)

- When a unit receives damage in this way, it will not wake up.

- Channeling, lasts X seconds.

Waaaaagh

I lost all my rep and my title being a jerk
Reaction score
Nice hero idea... Really I think it needs some... polish I guess. As of now it doesn't quite feel whole. Weave and Narcoleptic Seizures both seem too... passive? It just seems like they will not play a decidedly large role in the utilization of the Nocturne. Although Weave looks strong, getting enough units to sleep would be difficult. Perhaps change Narcoleptic Seizures to a single target spammable sleep (like an auto-cast that causes sleeping, but with some sort of penalty to the Nocturne).

Maybe 'Hypnosis' - a spell that puts an enemy unit to sleep permanently so long as the Nocturne can support the sleepage. It would drain a certain amount of the Nocturne's mana per second that the unit is asleep because of this spell. It could have a low cooldown to allow for large numbers of sleeping units, but perhaps exponential mana decay as the number of units under Hypnosis is casted (you could perhaps make it so that casting Hypnosis on a sleeping unit will wake it up, and draw a small amount of mana from it).

Pyrogasm

Reaction score
I would assume that the reason it feels unpolished is because real tooltips are not present, only sketches for how the ability would function.

I think that Weave would be rather powerful as a regular spell in the beginning of a melee match for creeping, and I'm tempted to reduce its power in order to bump it down in place of one of the other abilities. Or, I could make it a short-cooldown ultimate and have it easily useable after casting sleepwalk.

I do, however, like your "Hypnosis" suggestion; I would replace Narcoleptic Seizures with Hypnosis if I can't think of a better version of Narcoleptic Seizures. I think if Hypnosis was based off of Faerie fire, the autocast mechanic might just work (the computer won't re-cast faerie fire if it's already active on a target). The problem then becomes making other units ignore it because it's "asleep" without having a dummy unit cast a sleep spell on it because the target would then have 2 buffs for the spell.

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
Can you not change the buff of Faery Fire? Or will it revert... Or, is removing the buff from sleep out of the question?

Pyrogasm

Reaction score
You can't make an ability that normally has a buff not have a buff show up on a units command card. No matter what you do, every time you cast Entangling Roots on a unit, some buff will show up; just as it's impossible to make Shockwave give a buff.

Sleep and Faerie Fire both fall into the first category; their buffs must be present. If you remove them from the unit after they are applied in-game, the effects of the abilities will go away.

If I were to do Unit - Remove Faerie Fire buff from (The Unit), the hero would go and auto-cast Hypnosis on the unit again. If i were to do Unit - Remove Sleep buff from (The Unit), the unit would "wake up".

Thus, both buffs must be present, unless units will ignore a unit when you do Unit - Add classification of Sleeping to (The Unit).

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
I was thinking, and I don't have an answer to how to implement Hypnosis, but, what about the possibility of 'polishing' Weave more, by changing it's name to Hyperpsychosis or Psychosis, and adding a shaking effect (like Mirror Image, but with alpha'd copies of the units) to the units that take "weave" damage (psychosis being an illness that commonly afflicts sleeping people and can cause them to shake uncontrollably.) As a final suggestion... True Sight - Shade would make a nice icon for Dream Catcher.

--Thanatos--

Reaction score
I was thinking about making both uses the same Buff.
Not sure that would work, though. :p

> Ah, count me in although i'm leaving town wednesday.
Added.

> MPI-GUI is allowed right?
do all abilities have to be triggered?
if my hero has a non-triggered spell, will that reduce my grade?

Well, >_> it's ok, but you must know there's a Coding section, and without triggers, 0, is everything.

Pyrogasm

Reaction score
No, but it should be balanced to melee specifications...

darth-yoda

Reaction score
Ok heres my submission...

Tide Hunter

Story: After being forcefully summoned from his home waters by a power hungry mage, the elemental now wanders the world, desperately searching for signs of his long lost home.

Model: Water Elemental

Attributes: Primary: Agility - 26(3.00+) Strength - 18(1.90+) Intelligence - 16(1.45+)

Abilitys:

Geysers: Causes 5 powerful geysers to shoot from the ground dealing damage and stuns for 0.25 seconds. Each geyser is farther away from the Tide Hunter than the last. If the spell is cast out of the water the Tide Hunter uses part of him self to create the geysers at a cost of life per geyser.

Tidal Surge: Gives a 15% chance that on any attack the Tide Hunter will cause a small tidal wave, dealing damage in a line. If the wave is generated outside of the water the Tide Hunter will use part of his self to create it at the cost of his hp.

Wave Meld: Allows the Tide Hunter to blend in with the surrounding water. Loses invisibility if he leaves the water, attacks or casts a spell.

Suffocate(Ult): Traps the target unit in a crushing wall of water. The target unit slowly suffocates taking 10% of its max Hp in damage per second for up to 5 seconds. Every second the unit is trapped it has a 10% chance to break free, canceling the spell. Target unit must be in water for spell to take effect.

I also added a little extra bit where the Tide Hunter only regens hp while in water. Just ignore it if it violates any rules or I can remove it if necessary. I just thought it was a good idea:p

I kinda finished the map in a rush, I just realized I dont get back from vacation until past the deadline:rolleyes: So if something is a little off let me know by tomorrow and I'll fix it.

If you need any more info just ask and I will tell:shades:

Attachments

• Hero - Tide Hunter.w3x
    84.3 KB · Views: 239

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Here's my hero idea. But it's Diablo, Lord of Terror. I know it's not original, but I have to make it as rigged as possible, as if you're really playing as Diablo in the Diablo II game!!

I make all abilities: These abilities may change without prior notice, it may become cooler!!

Skill 1:
Flame Nova
Sends out a nova of flame that burns enemies and deals massive damage to them.

Levels: 3

Skill 2:
Freezing Hand
Freezes an enemy, stops him from doing anything. Every second he gets damaged by the chilling frost of Diablo himself

Skill 3:
Firestorm
Creates a barrage of randomly wandering flames in front of Diablo and travels forward

Skill 4:
Red Lightning Inferno
Creates a devastating stream of red death. The Red Lightning inferno deals massive damage to any enemies it hits, making it the deadliest spell of Diablo. Powerful units may be killed in a blink of an eye if used well!!

Levels: 1

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
hm... remember that the hero has to fit into melee games.
How many of the original Blizzard heroes have 4 abilities that all deal direct damage?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.