Custom Voices HELP ME

U

Unregistered

Hi, I'm nearly finished on my Buffy The Vampire Slayer Map, *joy* sorry if you guys hate it.

I read somewhere that you can edit the heroes voices, so i recorded sound clips for each of my characters(Buffy,Willow,Xander,Giles and Anya) for the right actions.

Now I'm completely stuck, i can't think how to make them say these things, i was told i need to make a new sound set or something. Is any of this actually possible?!

Please Help, before i realise i wasted 3 hours shifting through dvds for sound clips. grrr arrg.

~BuffyCRaZy~

Scam_ent

Reaction score
Hmmm...if u use WinMPQ and open the War3.mpq file (check the faq for more details) and find the sound clips for the units you're using, u should be able to name ur own sound files with these names, and then insert them into your own map. You may (probably will) have to do some stuff with altering the path and stuff, but I can't help you there. Tutorials for things like skinning and modelling should be able to help in this respect...

Hope I helped, although Darg can probably help more...

Cam

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Scam_ent is pretty much correct. Find the path names of the files you want to replace, and insert your own custom files into your map into the exact same path and using the exact same filename.

As a side note, if you are planning to buy the expansion pack on 1 July, then you will be able to implement your own custom sounds via the sound editor instead of having to do it this way.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.