Disabling Cheats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killerphill

Reaction score
I have just found an anti-cheat system which i have implemented into my map and it works perfectly. Thanks to all of you for your suggestions and such and for trying to help.

thread closed.

:)

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You can probably create a trigger which compares the gold and lumber that you have in time intervals, if it boosts up by 1000000 then Force Defeat the player. that solves the greedisgood cheat.
Same thing for the whosyourdaddy thing. Detect the Hero/Unit Level/Dmg and check how long it would take to kill an enemy. if its nearly instant and thats not possible for a Hero/Unit at that point, then Force Defeat the player.

those are just ideas anyways.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Both of those wouldn't work at all.
If the unit has 1 gold and jumps to 100000, that's only an increase of 99999.
Plus the fact he could just do intervals of 50000 or something.

As for whosyourdaddy, what if the hero is level 25 or something and kills a level 1 creep?
Game over.

crabbb622

Reaction score
why are you guys even trying to address the cheats individually
it would take a long time and really not that hard to figure out

Ryuu

I am back with Chocolate (:
Reaction score
I don't really see a purpose in crab's method.
In SP mode, all cheats are enabled by default and chat events cannot detect cheats.

Therefore, crab's code defeats the player when playing in SP mode.
Simply put, it disallows playing in SP mode.

And there are simpler workarounds to it.
Not that I'm against it, but I'm so into it I'm suggesting better alternative methods.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
I agree with Ryuu.
And again, and for the thread end:
Again;
If people want to cheat to feel superior, I say let them.
Cheating ruins the gaming experience.
Even if you do win/are better then everyone else;
Who cares?
You cheated to get there, congratulations.
/thread

crabbb622

Reaction score
In SP mode, all cheats are enabled by default and chat events cannot detect cheats.

Not that I'm against it, but I'm so into it I'm suggesting better alternative methods.

the thread was about disabling cheats. defeating the player in single player makes the use of cheats impossible, but still allows the player to play by himself. that is the purpose of my method

if you have a more professional way of detecting single player, go for it.

@wolfiect
that would be an effective argument if there was no solution, but efficiency is minimized by that kind of thinking when the real solution is obtainable

tennycat13

Reaction score

Of course, that is the purpose of crab's code. However, you didn't realize one other purpose of his code was to let player to play with only one player on battle.net. It is as simple as that. Whether the code work or not, I do not know.

As for the other alternative methods that I have seen, they are either removing the cheat in singleplay mode by creating a chain of triggers or a trigger that disables singleplayer mode and singleplayer on battle.net entirely.

Ryuu

I am back with Chocolate (:
Reaction score
Nevermind.
I've created an excellent system (more like, creating) that prevents cheats.

Currently I've succeeded into preventing cheats like KeyserSoze, LeafItToMe, GreedIsGood and TenthLevelTaurenChieftain.

WhosYourDaddy is a trouble, but I'm getting close.

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Actually, a Hive Workshop member (kitabatake) already made an Anti-cheat system and submitted it into THW systems and spells section. I found this system last 2 weeks ago.

I guess this is actually the system that killerphil used in his map:eek:

This is the system. For others who may find it useful, click and see.

It's theoretically impossible to nullify and disable cheats like whosyourdaddy, warpten and thereisnospoon in-game. Many have tried, many have failed. In kitabatake's system, players will be defeated when they type the code, and even receive a Fatal Error which closes Wc3 but with no harm. There simply isn't any way to nullify those cheats in game, but implementing nasty penalties like the above examples will keep the players from cheating.

>Currently I've succeeded into preventing cheats like KeyserSoze, LeafItToMe, GreedIsGood and TenthLevelTaurenChieftain.
I'd rather leave 10thlevelTaurenChieftain untouched. The only thing that code can do is to play the TenthLevelTaurenChieftain music.

Lastly, I felt that this system isn't good for my map since it's pretty pointless anyway. Anti-cheating simply forces players to hack through your map and they can add their own cheats of grandeur. It's Single Player anyway and cheating is ok. But keep in mind that a cheater who can easily beat DotA AI will have a harder time winning DotA in LAN.:thup: Practice w/out cheating makes perfect!

-- Umaku iku yō ni -|- jonadrian619 --​

crabbb622

Reaction score
Actually, a Hive Workshop member (kitabatake) already made an Anti-cheat system and submitted it into THW systems and spells section. I found this system last 2 weeks ago.

I guess this is actually the system that killerphil used in his map:eek:

It's theoretically impossible to nullify and disable cheats like whosyourdaddy, warpten and thereisnospoon in-game. Many have tried, many have failed. In kitabatake's system, players will be defeated when they type the code, and even receive a Fatal Error which closes Wc3 but with no harm. There simply isn't any way to nullify those cheats in game, but implementing nasty penalties like the above examples will keep the players from cheating.

>Currently I've succeeded into preventing cheats like KeyserSoze, LeafItToMe, GreedIsGood and TenthLevelTaurenChieftain.
I'd rather leave 10thlevelTaurenChieftain untouched. The only thing that code can do is to play the TenthLevelTaurenChieftain music.

Lastly, I felt that this system isn't good for my map since it's pretty pointless anyway. Anti-cheating simply forces players to hack through your map and they can add their own cheats of grandeur. It's Single Player anyway and cheating is ok. But keep in mind that a cheater who can easily beat DotA AI will have a harder time winning DotA in LAN.:thup: Practice w/out cheating makes perfect!

-- Umaku iku yō ni -|- jonadrian619 --​

Ah, there's a new idea. resetting cheats without using penalties. that would be good, but harder.

R

Ralis99

Screw disabling, beat the cheater!

There may actually be no need to actually disable cheats. Just make Player 1 the Game Manager and enable chat message triggers that give him powers to remove the cheat abusing player's units, such as his heroes or even remove all of his units from the game and make the cheater watch! I had this in one of my maps. Try it out, guys!

crabbb622

Reaction score
There may actually be no need to actually disable cheats. Just make Player 1 the Game Manager and enable chat message triggers that give him powers to remove the cheat abusing player's units, such as his heroes or even remove all of his units from the game and make the cheater watch! I had this in one of my maps. Try it out, guys!

what the heck?

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score

Not only are cheats single player only, but even if they DID work in multiplayer, giving the power to one player is just asking for trouble.

istar

Reaction score
beating resource gain cheats
have an empty player slot that couldnt earn any resource, the cheats give all players resources
have a trigger to remove the amount gained by the empty player slot, that would remove the exact amount cheated, unless the player instantly use up them

detecting whosyourdaddy
have a dummy unit of triggeringplayer continously hitting a enemy building in some hidden corner, the building is set to have very high hp regen, hence it will only die if whosyourdaddy enabled, trigger if unit dies, do, see below

beating whosyourdaddy
when it is enabled, change ownership of all his units to another player
advanced full share unit control to player (doesnt work perfectly but they cheated in the first place)
the cheat works only for the typing player, so allies arent affected
HECK, this works even for whoisjohngalt and sharpandshiny (detecting whoisjohngalt and sharpandshiny is another matter though)

beating iseedeadpeople
periodic trigger
if visibility disabled, black mask area

also, instead of the lengthy lengthy trigger to detect whether it is in singleplayer mode, just use
to check

but banning single player mode is imperfect, cant use this trick for map over 5mb and cant be multiplayer-ed

ShadowBlade

Reaction score
Why bother?

I guess this is actually the system that killerphil used in his map

Lastly, I felt that this system isn't good for my map since it's pretty pointless anyway. Anti-cheating simply forces players to hack through your map and they can add their own cheats of grandeur. It's Single Player anyway and cheating is ok. But keep in mind that a cheater who can easily beat DotA AI will have a harder time winning DotA in LAN. Practice w/out cheating makes perfect!

-- Umaku iku yō ni -|- jonadrian619 --

istar

Reaction score
how many times must people repeat, some maps are too big for multiplayer, some maps are meant to be played single player, such that it is an issue for them
It's Single Player anyway and cheating is ok.
== false

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.