Disabling Cheats

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingkwong92

Reaction score
If its single player, I think cheats can be allowed because it doesn't really matter.I use cheats when testing some maps out to speed thing up.

Cloak_Master

Reaction score
Your trigger wouldn't work crabbb.
The trigger doesn't detect the chat message "whosyourdaddy".

@Cloak_Master: Your suggestion is just as bad IMO.
What if the player gets 500 gold legitly?
Don't bash other people when you aren't that good either.
Thanks.

First of all, I wasn't bashing anyone; your ideas were bad& flawed.

Second of all, my whosyourdaddy trick should work flawlessly, I've used it before. As for the "500" gold idea, I said put the maximum amount of gold you can get at one time there legitly. That's usually a rather low amount. Thanks.

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
there is no way to detect when a built in cheat is entered. Well unless your playing on lan or on b-net, but then there would be no reason to detect the chat strings cause the cheats are disabled on lan and b-net.

Drunken_God

Hopes to get back into Mapmaking with SC2 :)
Reaction score
ive got a nice map where you cant cheat

its not done by me and i dont know who did this but it works very well

Attachments

• anti-cheat tutorial.w3x
    14.9 KB · Views: 259

Akolyt0r

Reaction score
the map has an guard tower, and a footman.
No the map gives the guard tower to different players some interval.
now the tower will attack the footman...if the footman dies, that player has "whosyourdaddy" activated.

tower has low attack damage of 4.
soldier has 100hp and 100hp regen rate.

that greedisgood prevention thing didnt work for me ..dunno...

crabbb622

Reaction score
you guys... it's really not that complicated.

If the player is on battlenet, then whosyourdaddy will be registered and the game will start

If the player is on single player (where the player could cheat), then whosyourdaddy would not register and the game would not start.

@never_quit
LOL that's really sneaky hahaha +rep for awesomeness

Edit: lol nvm, i gotta spread the reputation around before i can give it to you

Cloak_Master

Reaction score
the map has an guard tower, and a footman.
No the map gives the guard tower to different players some interval.
now the tower will attack the footman...if the footman dies, that player has "whosyourdaddy" activated.

tower has low attack damage of 4.
soldier has 100hp and 100hp regen rate.

that greedisgood prevention thing didnt work for me ..dunno...

But the thing is that whole tower + footman + different interval thing isn't necessary.

A triggered "Cause x unit to damage z unit for y damage" will take effect from whosyourdaddy. Therefore, you can occassionally cause your hero to damage an invisible unit for 1 with a trigger, and if the damage = 100 then you can remove all of the damage sources units. It's that simple.

crabbb622

Reaction score
First of all, I wasn't bashing anyone; your ideas were bad& flawed.

Second of all, my whosyourdaddy trick should work flawlessly, I've used it before. As for the "500" gold idea, I said put the maximum amount of gold you can get at one time there legitly. That's usually a rather low amount. Thanks.

i think he was talking about me when he said crabbb...

and my idea is better than yours! yours only covers the whosyourdaddy cheat. mine covers ALL of them.

tennycat13

Reaction score
It all depends on if you want the map to be able to play with one player or not.

Crab's code will be able to restrict a player from playing the map on singleplayer mode. Since by entering "whosyourdaddy," the game wouldn't be able to detect it, and it will not start. However, when a player is playing on the battle.net by himself, "whosyourdaddy" will be detect, and allow the player to play by himself on battle.net.

On the other hand, Wolf's code would restrict a player from playing the map with only one player. The player wouldn't be able to play by himself on single player mode nor on battle.net.

crabbb622

Reaction score
Lol...

(Number of players in (All players matching (((Matching player) controller) Equal to User))) Equal to 1

Crabb what you're suggesting is extremely, extremely stupid. You can detect if one player is playing, simple...

:( hate message?

but then the person wouldn't be able to play by himself...

tenny just about sums it up though. good job tenny

Killerphill

Reaction score
Ok

ill explain it in more detail now.

i have a save/ load system on my map. now when ever you kill a creature, explore a unique area you gain a experience point. its suppose to be hard to gain experiece points (which it is). now this is all very good on a multiplayer map where cheats are disabled. now i would like a person to be able to play my map on single player and continue to work on their experiece by playing by themselves, but i dont want them cheating or else theyll gain experience like there is no tomorrow, and then coming on B-net and showing everyone their high experience.

ive considered just disabled the save/ load triggers if a player is by himself (not preferably) but im even having trouble triggering that. /pain in the ass!

/end

Cloak_Master

Reaction score
Ok

ill explain it in more detail now.

i have a save/ load system on my map. now when ever you kill a creature, explore a unique area you gain a experience point. its suppose to be hard to gain experiece points (which it is). now this is all very good on a multiplayer map where cheats are disabled. now i would like a person to be able to play my map on single player and continue to work on their experiece by playing by themselves, but i dont want them cheating or else theyll gain experience like there is no tomorrow, and then coming on B-net and showing everyone their high experience.

ive considered just disabled the save/ load triggers if a player is by himself (not preferably) but im even having trouble triggering that. /pain in the ass!

/end

Use the whos your daddy detection method. I'll reiterate.

When you make a action that causes X unit to damage Y unit for Z damage, that Z damage will be multiplied by 100 if whosyourdaddy is enabled.

Therefore, create an invisible unit with alot of health and regen. Periodically cause the player's hero to damage this unit for 1, and use the "damage taken" event to detect the percise amount of damage done. At this point, if damage done is == to 100, you can end the game.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
I think the best idea in this 15 page thread was the 'Type whosyourdaddy to begin the game.' idea. So sneaky and effective!

Cloak_Master

Reaction score
I think the best idea in this 15 page thread was the 'Type whosyourdaddy to begin the game.' idea. So sneaky and effective!

Couple of thoughts on this.

1. It feels clunky and out of place to me. Personally, I'm a perfectionist when it comes to maps - would seem to amateurist for me to use this method.

2. Why even do it when you could just stop the player from playing solo? There is no point to be playing solo on B.net. Also, I believe it's possible to detect if the game is on B.net or not (not sure about that one).

3. There are easy suggestions just as effective and less crude.

No offense to any parties involved.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Naw, the most amateur methods check whether there is one player playing (even if on Battle.net!) and if so, defeat him with the message 'NO SINGLE PLAYER!'. Those are really annoying.

tennycat13

Reaction score
One way to improve crab's code is to add another trigger which detects if the map is playing with only one person or not. If there is one player playing the map, then crab's code would be triggered, and have the player type in "whosyourdaddy". By doing so, crab's code would not be triggered when there are more than one player playing the map.

As for why there player that would want to play by themselves, the reason is probably they could not host the map themselves. For that reason, it would be restricting the player to play the map with someone who could host. And if there are no one hosting the map, then they are out of luck, they wouldn't be able to play the map by themselves.

crabbb622

Reaction score
One way to improve crab's code is to add another trigger which detects if the map is playing with only one person or not. If there is one player playing the map, then crab's code would be triggered, and have the player type in "whosyourdaddy". By doing so, crab's code would not be triggered when there are more than one player playing the map.

As for why there player that would want to play by themselves, the reason is probably they could not host the map themselves. For that reason, it would be restricting the player to play the map with someone who could host. And if there are no one hosting the map, then they are out of luck, they wouldn't be able to play the map by themselves.

yea i actually did include that in my freehand code

Trigger 1
Events--initialization
Conditions--1 player in the map only
Actions--Display text to all players: type whosyourdaddy to begin the game

Trigger 2
Events--player enters string whosyourdaddy into chat
Actions--start game?

the first trigger does what you were talking about.
you do have a point as to why someone would want to play by themselves though.

and for all you people who think that this method would be unprofessional:
if you made it whosetusupthebomb (credit to never_quit), it would be too funny and make up for the amaturity

Killerphill

Reaction score
Couple of thoughts on this.

1. It feels clunky and out of place to me. Personally, I'm a perfectionist when it comes to maps - would seem to amateurist for me to use this method.

2. Why even do it when you could just stop the player from playing solo? There is no point to be playing solo on B.net. Also, I believe it's possible to detect if the game is on B.net or not (not sure about that one).

3. There are easy suggestions just as effective and less crude.

No offense to any parties involved.

Im also a perfectionist when it comes to map making, so i dont want really want anything that would be stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.