Elfstone RPG Discussion

S

stielydan

Scam that ROCKED!!!!

i felt like i was watching a movie trailer for lord of the rings.

Really sweet man

when the game is done is it going to be a huge file like that because it took me 10 minutes to dl it (56k)

But again that was awesome, i need somethin like that for the end of my game...i tried but after seeing that i am gonna try some more.

Stielydan

Scam_ent

Reaction score
oh sorri, capitals are just kinda automatic for me...

and stielydan: thanx heaps man. that was a brilliant reaction!

Cam

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Cool!

Considering this is your first go at a cinematic, it's pretty awesome!

But then again, you are an aussie, and us aussies do have a reputation for being on average smarter than everyone else....

hehe :)

Scam_ent

Reaction score
thankyou,

It's not actually my first attempt at cinematics, but I was trying practically entirely new things (i havn't used World Editor for about half a year).

Oh, and I'm a Tasmanian, so i'm definately smarter, what with two brains and all ;) (if you're not an aussie, you probably won't get that)...

Did anyone find any bugs or anything in it? or did it work smoothly?

Lii-ii-ii-iife, is much to short to be intoxicated
Lii-ii-ii-iife, is much to short to be a draaa-agg...
-Linkin Park "Drag"
Cam

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Is that the finished version of it, or are you planning to work on it some more? Just curious, I don't have any major problems with it.

I guess since both stieldyan and scam have posted cinematics, maybe I should also post my TD cinematic as well.

Scam_ent

Reaction score
Yeah I think it's finished...
unless you can think of something that desperately needs doing?

Obviously all those large expances of dirt will be forests hill towns etc, but i'll make them as the game progresses...

Cam

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
At the start when the father calls his son, I think it's a little weird waiting for a while and then seeing his son popup out of the blue. The camera needs to focus on the son at an earlier stage.

Is the map protected? I guess it would be since I tell everyone to protect anything they release.

Scam_ent

Reaction score
Yeah it's protected.
Is that the only thing you can think of that should be changed?

Cam

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
I think I'll watch it again and have another look. I realised half-way through watching last time that I had the music volume turned down a lot, which I imagine may have detracted somewhat from the atmosphere of the cinematic.

S

stielydan

-the cinematic wisp things...are you going to block them off?
-i was checkin out the town - its kewl...then i ran down to bottom and couldnt resist clicking the wisps again and watching the cinematic...again. kewl kewl kewl...but i figured u were gonna block it later so people dont do that...cause it might be annoying if u are playing the game and you clicked it by accident.

-probably stupid advice since im sure you were gonna do it anyway but hey, i didnt really find anything wrong with it (aaaarrrrrrrggg dang smart aussies)

Stielydan

Scam_ent

Reaction score
haha, yeah i'll block em off

If you wanna have some fun, here's the cheats:

Imacheat = activate cheats
robeme = armoured Taj
makemestrong = Phoenix riding Taj
noduds = unarmoured Taj

There are bugs in the cheats in your versions though, which I have fixed in the game i've got.
Still, you can have some fun
Bugs I kno are:
- different Taj's go up both active Taj's level and his experience, making them level 2 the first time you change
- switching items duplicates them. (i don't think there are any items in your version)

Cam

S

-=Scam_EnT=-

Cam your to good my friend after seeing your Intro, i have been inspired to make the 2nd map of the Elfstone series, yes folks thats right there will be more!!!

Any way ill talk to you more about that some other time and we shall come up with some cool ideas.

By the way, are you going to put in the steam tank busing system in your map??

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
hang on, i'm confused, do the two scam ents here actually know each other? i can't actually tell....

to the 2nd scam ent: please change ur nick to make it a bit different. i dont like the idea of having 2 ppl here with the same nick.

S

-=Scam EnT=-

Darg we here at Scam Ent do know each other we are good friends

and

my nick is different if you see it has cool lines! YAY! sorri

must i change this?
and if so how?

Scam_ent

Reaction score
He's wrong.

The Elfstone series is going to b something we are working on tho. My next map will be the sequal to Quest for the Phoenix, and it'll be called Child of Flame.
Sam (the other *scam* entertainent staff member) will be making Elfstone: Origins. This is the first one in the series...

Ambitious hey?

Cam

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.