End of Year Spell Contest - Flashy Summoning

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
As long as the theme and the rules are followed... anything goes.
If 5 dummies doesn't cut... well, whatever, use more?

Then again,
IT SHOULD NOT LAG HORRENDOUSLY!

And, on a related note, by now those that submitted re-did so with their name somewhere in the map?

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
And, on a related note, by now those that submitted re-did so with their name somewhere in the map?

??? I don't understand?

Wouldn't you just say....

And, on a related note, by now, those that did submit have redid it with their name somewhere on the name.....

English is confusing.....

And English is my fluent language.... the one I speak most....

AceHart

Reaction score
Most to all maps were submitted as something like "TH Contest.w3x" and no name anywhere, like in the description...
Which makes it somewhat non-obvious to see who made it.

Seems to have improved by now (based on "last edited by").

You wouldn't want points for someone else's map, would you? :p

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
At least you got what he said/wrote..

Edit: Just tested the spells.

I found a bug with yours Infinitegde, when I casted the spell a couple of times, one time the spell didn't run, so I casted the spell again, the both instance ran at the same time and it sent the messege Warning! SetTimerStruct(Something) Collision: 1.

I got a replay in case you wanna see and fix it. (Got many replays, hope I uploaded the right one).

________

D.V.D Also that Demon Summoning was pretty laggy compared to the other spells, suggest you to cut down some effects. But that's your choice.

Attachments

• Bug.w3g
    9.9 KB · Views: 184

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
XeNIM666's Unleash Xaphros is laggy somewhat for me... and my computer is good! D.V.D is also laggy.

But I guess this computer is not as new....

1GB RAM
Intel Pentium Dual CPU @ 2.00ghZ

That is my specs....

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
really?
we have 256 MB RAM and it didn't lag for me. I even spammed it 3 times

Anyways, i added the screenies :D:D:D

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
I found errors in Draphoelix's spell....
- When you cast it in water.... it looks weird.
- When you cast it on a cliff..... it moves strange.

EDIT: I went back to post #1.... and? I read through it... and?

AceHart

Reaction score
This is somewhat starting to look like discussion. At which point I would like to refer you back to post #1.

Though, then again:
> need to fix code

Clearly.
So far, after 20 tries to cast this, all ending in "Forget it, not here", my conclusion is "It doesn't work".

And, yes, some of them lag tremendously.
I understand this asked for "flashy", but, still... you may want to rework some parts...

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
My spell is finally done!

Preview-1.jpg

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
I was thinking of cutting off some effects, but I don't know which ones to cut off. I'll try to do something.
EDIT: took off about 300 SFX. Doesn't lag as much anymore.

Reaction score
I found a bug with yours Infinitegde, when I casted the spell a couple of times, one time the spell didn't run, so I casted the spell again, the both instance ran at the same time and it sent the messege Warning! SetTimerStruct(Something) Collision: 1.

Ya I know abt that bug, I have already attempted fixing it, but after like a couple hours of mishaps last night, I failed miserably ="( I m going to get back to it today lol.

Although now it seems like it wont matter cuz everyone elses owns mine :banghead: lol, amazing work ppl's =D

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
The image is somewhat misleading though, I was expecting to see that spiral...

> this does not lag

They all say so. Show me :p

My image?! There is a spiral in the spell too :eek:!

AceHart, a question: You never limited us to a single spell per user, in the rules. Considering that, could I submit a second spell? :3

Another question: would using simple Jass (no vJass) or outdated systems, even if it's correctly written, take from my coding points? In other words, do newer methods get more points than the older ones?

Thing is, I just read the vJass tutorials and I could rewrite the spell into vJass, but if it's not necessary, I don't want to waste that time.

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
AceHart, a question: You never limited us to a single spell per user, in the rules. Considering that, could I submit a second spell? :3
I agree...
Can we create another spell?

I was planning to create another spell based on the same code.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.