Escape Help

BloodReaver

Reaction score
Hey I wanted to know first how to make a key specific for a certain gate. Second I would like to know how to add cool affects like in Island Defence the fire titan has flames all over him, the water has water at his hands etc. Thanks

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Make different keys for each gate, then use a lot of IF conditionals to check the type of key to open the gate.

You can use Special Effects made via triggers, or Sphere, or Orbs (item) with no bonus damage or effects, just the visual effect. You know Orbs (Orb of Slow, Lightning, Corruption, Venom, Frost) They give visual effects to the weapon, now change to something else.

darkRae

Reaction score
BloodReaver said:
the doodad thingys stay instead of go where the hero moves.

Huh? I thought you're talking about gates and keys...

BloodReaver

Reaction score
And if somone can help me with sliding. I have been to "The Helpers" forum about it and when I finished it you needed to cast a spell to slide. Does anyone know how to slide like in "Slide Ninja Slide?"

Huh? I thought you're talking about gates and keys...

Oh! Thats just the gate. I thought your second paragraph was about the image thing. Ty btw.

darkRae

Reaction score
To Slide when on a specific tile:
- Create a Periodical trigger (trigger with Periodic event, that's what I call it) make it <0.10 second, up to you
- Pick all units in Playable Map Area
- Check if he's alive and standing on a specific tile
- Move him to a point, offset by X with angle (The Facing Angle of Picked Unit) from his own position
- Remove leaks

EDIT:
I was talking about the gates, and the effects (not images, images are 2D) And btw, you're double-posting. Better edit it before someone finds out :p

Kill3rbeast

Reaction score
Hi, Blood Reaver

To your first question: You should decrase the hero inventory to one slot, don't think in a escape is more needed (That makes it easier). Then make it like this:

Code:
OpenGate
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters InfrontofDoor <gen>
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set EnteringUnit = (Entering unit)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Item carried by EnteringUnit in slot 1) Equal to Blut-Schlüssel 0001 <gen>
            Then - Actions
                Destructible - Open Dämonentor (Horizontal) 0000 <gen>
                Item - Remove Blut-Schlüssel 0001 <gen>
            Else - Actions
                Game - Display to (All players) the text: You first need the key..

And effects make like this:

Code:
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the "AttachmentPoint" of Blutmagier 0000 <gen> using Abilities\Spells\Other\TalkToMe\TalkToMe.mdl

Attachment points are:
overhead
head
chest
origin
hand
foot
weapon

Greetings Kill3rbeast

darkRae

Reaction score
@ Kill3rbeast
However, making Special Effects via trigger has its flaws. The effect will not be carried over to Illusions (like Mirror Image) unless you make the effects again for the Illusions, which is a hassle. Better use Sphere or Item Orb ability. But Sphere also has weakness, that the effect will 'die' when the unit attacks or begins casting a spell. 'Die', it means, like if you use Demolisher's Burning Oil missile as the effect, it will 'explode' when the unit attacks, and will be recreated soon after.

Kill3rbeast

Reaction score
@darkrae
He want to make a escape map... I don't think he want to create illusions of heros o_O

What ever heres the sliding trigger i used for all my escape maps (4) with special effects and custom script to avoid leak. For this example it have 1 slide ground but you can create more and there's also a death trigger:

Code:
Slide
    Events
        Time - Every 0.02 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set PlayerGroup2 = (All players controlled by a User player)
        Player Group - Pick every player in PlayerGroup2 and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set temp_group2 = (Units owned by (Picked player))
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in temp_group2 and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Set temp_point = (Position of (Picked unit))
                            If - Conditions
                                (Terrain type at temp_point) Equal to Northrend - Ice
                                ((Picked unit) is alive) Equal to True
                            Then - Actions
                                Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (temp_point offset by 7.70 towards (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees)
                                Set HeroSlideEffect[1] = (Position of (Picked unit))
                                Special Effect - Create a special effect at HeroSlideEffect[1] using Abilities\Weapons\ZigguratMissile\ZigguratMissile.mdl
                                Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                                Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_HeroSlideEffect[1])
                                Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temp_point)
                                Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_temp_group2)
                                Custom script: call DestroyForce(udg_PlayerGroup2)
                            Else - Actions
                                    If - Conditions
                                        (Terrain type at temp_point) Equal to Outland - Abyss
                                        ((Picked unit) is alive) Equal to True
                                    Then - Actions
                                        Unit - Kill (Picked unit)
                                        Special Effect - Create a special effect at HeroDie using Objects\Spawnmodels\Human\HumanLargeDeathExplode\HumanLargeDeathExplode.mdl
                                        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                                        Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_HeroDie)
                                    Else - Actions

Hope this helps ;)

Kill3rbeast

Reaction score
Hm, i still made 4 escape maps and i never had a problem with creating a effect at a hero but whatever :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Kill3rbeast

Reaction score
No Problem BloodReaver,

if you have a problem at making a escape map you can surly ask me :shades: This is my special. And please add "Locust" to enemy units like patrouls to make them unclickable if you dont still have this. This makes escapes a lot more compfortable to play and funnier, too. There are also people who dont play escapes that dont have unlickable units in there like me ^^

Good Luck & Have Fun with making your map.

Greetings
Kill3rbeast

BloodReaver

Reaction score
Hmm wait, I am confused. PlayerGroup2 is a player group? And when you choose (picked player), (picked unit) do I actually have to choose a unit or player for them?

Oh my god, I give up, ty anyway.

darkRae

Reaction score
O_O No don't!!
You shouldn't give up, don't you wanna finish your map??
Picking units mean the units are pick so effects can be done to them in a loop, instead of giving effects one by one.
If you pick a unit for player, maybe you mean 'select' the unit for them.
Just keep asking questions. I'll answer and make sure you're satisfied with your question (unless I can't answer the question, that is)

darkRae

Reaction score
If I give you the triggers right away, you won't learn anything.
You have to make it yourself, but we'll help you.
See the other poster's triggers, and see if you learn something about 'Sliding'.
Sliding means moving the unit every little second to a point in front of it.

darkRae

Reaction score
(agh) Now that's a short reply.
I meant, read Kill3rbeast's trigger in the previous page, and study it, so you'll know how to make one on your own.

BloodReaver

Reaction score
I did and I understand it. If I make one of my own it dosn't work so then I tried copping it. GUESS WHAT? It didn't work either :(

darkRae

Reaction score
Would you mind posting your current trigger?
So we can look at it and solve your problem.

BloodReaver

Reaction score
How do I coppy paste it so I don't have to write it all out?

Off-Topic:
Do you like follow me around and answer my questions all the time? I run into you a lot :p

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.