Footmen Wars Step-By-Step

tom_mai78102

Reaction score
Tutorial: How to Play Footmen Wars

tom_mai78101 said:
If there's anything wrong, let me know!!

Footmen Wars
Step By Step Tutorial

This tutorial is based on Footmen Wars.

This tutorial is also a direct guide.

Read this POST's title. It's for "How To Play".

To find what you want, press Ctrl+F, then select a number.

One more thing: There are terms within this tutorial. Don't blame me.

1. Introduction

This guide is nothing compared to losing in a battle. This always happened when you are not prepared for the major assault.

Due to easy playing strategy, and boreness I have been suffering, this guide will teach some "newbies" what they should do and what they must watch out for.

2. Tutorial

Step One: First you will find where your base is at and what you must build. Whatever that you build, it's usually what we call it "the main building" or "base". Usually it's a unit acting as a worker, or there's a preset building that you must upgrade it to a main building in order to make it start building your footmen, and you get to choose your own race. One confusing thing even I can't remember well: Whatever race you choose, it will always spawns a unit that matches your race. Those spawning units are called "footmen", even if it's upgraded to full level, or the unit is a woman. A woman is a man??

Step Two: After your base is set up, some maps will pan your screen to a smaller building. That specific building is an "Altar of whatever", summons your hero to fight alongside your troops of footmen. You can however choose not to summon your hero, but instead save the golds up for your own uses, because summoning your hero requires golds. If you didn't summon your hero, that building will stay there forever until you pick a hero.

If however, heros are from your base, then your base acts as an "Altar of whatever". I call the altars "Altars of whatever" is the races have names for the building. Some like: Summoning Building, or Elves Hut, or blah blah blah. You should get the idea.

Step Three: Once you are ready, you can start ordering the footmens to the center, and wait for others to battle against you. If you have enough gold, go ahead and do one of the three things:

Use it to upgrade your footmen, or

Use it to add more spawns to your footmen, or

Use it to upgrade your hero's stats.

Some maps have a "base research" that can make your base spawn more footmen. Usually it has a picture of Sammy, a character who is one of the Blizzard Team, or an icon button for it. If you have earn at least twice the amount the "base research" is needed, then you can try buying it until you run out of money. That way you can get more spawns than others who would usually get two spawns.For instance: Footman Wars on Ice/Footman Holy Wars have this feature.

The latter is after when you earn enough golds from battling, and you can summon your hero.

Step Four: You should now be in battle, with someone else at least. What you can do is to make every footmen "focus fire" at one unit at the same time. "Focus fire" means that you select all of the footmen in one troop, then you order them to attack one unit. You should earn golds that way, otherwise, you get less golds. "Troop" is a group of twelve units. Simple.

Step Five: This, you have two options:

One, send your hero out to battle and get more golds.

Two, let your hero stay at a "shop", and level up the stats of your hero. "Shop" is a building which sells tomes and potions. Usually, "shops" mean the "Tome Shops". But I will tell you what kind of shop I mean to say.

The first one is a little risker than the latter one. Why so risky? Your hero has a small chance that the hero will die, and that this chance grows every time the hero's hit points (HP) drops a little. Once he's/she's dead, you have to re-summon him, and it costs not only golds, but also some valuable time.

The second one is pretty obivous, but one thing you REALLY have to remember, is when you buy tomes, you must think what your hero attribute your hero is.

Example:
Paladin --> His attribute is "Strength"
Archmage --> His attribute is "Intellegence"
Blademaster --> His attribute is "Agility"

If you know the attributes very well, then you should know how to buy tomes now. Order your hero to stand beside the Tomes Shop, usually near your base for easy access. Then, you click away at the attribute tomes.

But you also must remember to balance your hero's stats. Let's take a look at Paladin from above example.

Example:
Paladin's stats:
Strength: 20 --> This affects how many HP he has.
Agility: 1000 --> This affects how fast he attacks.
Intellegence: 12 --> This affects how many mana he has.

Paladin will die not because he has a HUGE agility, but because his HP is low. Focus fire will surely kill him.

Paladin's stats (balanced):
Strength: 500 --> This also affects his damage.
Aglity: 500 --> This also affects his armor.
Intellegence: 12 --> This also effects his mana regeneration.

Paladin will not die because he has good HP, good Armor, and good Damage. Lots of people will get scared of him.

Now you should understand the attribute's uses, if you are not sure of your hero's attributes, do this:

Click on him, or press F1 on your keyboard. Then, at the hero's "information box", move your mouse over the "attribute icon". Then a pop-up will tell you more about the hero's attributes.

"Information Box" is a location for the unit's stats. It is in the bottom center of your screen, on the right side of the portrait of that unit.

"Attribute Icon" is an icon with three different images:

"Fist of Fury" ==> Strength, a fist image.
"The Golden Leg" ==> Agility, a leg image.
"The Brainiac" ==> Intellegence, a brain image.

Remember, we are still on Step Five!!

Step Six: When at least two out of three stats are reached, then it's time for your major assault.

"How do I tell?", you may asked. Here:

For Strength attribute heros:

Strength: Over 400
Agility: Over 250
Intellegence doesn't matter.

For Agility attribute heros:

Strength: Over 200
Agility: Over 480
Intellegence doesn't matter; 30 if you want to assure you have an escape route.

For Intellegence attribute heros:

Strength: Over 300
Agility: Near 200
Intellegence: Over 400

You may wonder one of these three questions in your head:
"How come Strength heros don't need Intellegence?"
"How come Agility has to be that high?"
"How come Intellegence heros needs to be that powerful?"
I will answer those in the FAQ section.

Now your major assault is either flawless or risky. Why would you say that? Here's the table:

A. Flawless: You can go straight ahead and attack the enemy's base. All the enemy have to do is to watch his base go to smithereens.

B. Risky: The minute your hero leaves town, your base is vulnerable to the enemy's hero. If the hero's Ranged, then you should take him out instead.

That's a double-edge sword right there. There is, however, one possible way to prevent yourself from losing this match. That is using the town portal, which is handy when situations gone awry.

If you somehow wasted all your town portal, you have one chance to choose two options:

One, if you are near his base while he's attacking yours, go ahead and attack his base. If your base's HP is lower than his base, rush back to him and kill his hero. If you don't, you can try training a worker to repair the damage.

Two, if you are too far away from his hero or his base. Then either rush, or get cut by the "double-edge sword" there, because you don't have anything to protect the base, besides the now-weak footmens. That's going to hurt a lot.

Moving on to...

Step Seven (A): If you win, congradulations!! Call yourself a pro!
After this, move on to Step Seven.

Step Seven (B): If you lose, don't worry. Losing is one painful option, that's all. Also, keep practicing more on Footmen Wars, you will get used to it, as long as you practice hard. Just like your mathematics that you have to practice on.

Step Eight: To the scoreboard! Save your replays often, if you want to win. Always check on replays when you are not sure how you lose or how they did, and stuff like that. Any questions, I'd be gladly to answer them all under the FAQ section.

Tutorial Done.

3. FAQ

Q1: How come Strength heros don't need Intellegence?

A1: Usually this type of hero doesn't need any magics to help him fight. Also, when leveling up, it usually gets enough mana for the hero to use some spells. And, for the ultimate spells, almost always, the unit would have full mana, if not, then the maximum mana is still enough for the spell. But, having tomes for Intellegence is also good. It's all up to you.

Q2: How come Agility has to be that high?

A2: The Agility attribute type of heros needs to have a fair amount of armor AND damage. High armor and high damage is pretty good, even when you are surrounded by a lot of footmen, and you need to get out fast.

Q3: How come Intellegence heros needs to be that powerful?

A3: There are hints why. Some people like to use Intellegence heros due to the mana regeneration and the ultimate spells. So, some maps of Footmen Wars have cheaper Intellegence tomes than the others. It's pretty easy to go up that high, so, I suggest that if you want to rush, then pick an Intellegence attribute type hero for your own good. BUT...this can be unbalancing, so that particular hero must be strong in order to fend off some strong enemy heros.

Q4: The "Attribute Icon" part, why say "Fist of Fury", "The Golden Leg", and "The Brainiac"?

A4: That was just a joke, yet rememberable one. It gives you a clear idea, or visiual about the image you see.

Q5: We already know how to play Footmen Wars, why make this?

A5: This is for "newbies". If you are good, then you don't have to read it, since I never said anything about "Pros, read this!"

Q6: Some maps have the name "Footman Wars", why you choose "Footmen Wars" instead?

A6: This is not to make any confusion in my guide. If "Footman", then it would mean "1vs1 game", "1vs1vs1 game", and so on. If "Footmen", that would mean "(a lot of footmen) vs (a lot of footmen)". I guess a lot of people have a liking to type it wrong.

Q7: Some answers to these questions are hard to understand.

A7: Okay, then. Even I can't tell you how I feel about. It's so hard to describe it, that you may not want me to type it on here.

Q8: My question is not on here!

A8: Email me ([email protected]) and let me know. It must have a topic "Footmen(Footman) Wars Tutorial" in it.

Q9: Is there any cheats?

A9: This depends on what maps. If you want to know some cheats, go to your World Editor the CD provided you with. Then go to Trigger Editor. Then search for it.

Q10: This guide works, but I still kept losing at it. What gives?

A10: This is the reason: You didn't practice like I told you to do. If you want to practice yourself without any players, go and do this ONLY if you have at least two of these maps:

A. Footmen Wars Tournment

B. Footman Blood

Go ahead and open your Warcraft game. Then choose one of the above.

Make one of the slots Computer, doesn't matter which difficulty.

Then once you play, order your footmen to attack the Computer's footmen.

Note: Footman Blood is not a very good map to practice on. Since it has two invulnerable towers, and one invulnerable building. They can just destroy your footmen within a matter of seconds. And it has a limit of 1500 kills, that's not good.

Note: If you have another footmen wars map that just spawns footmen without any conditions, go ahead and use that map. If it has a limit, I think you should find a way how not to get your troops to die very quickly.

That should works.

Q11: Are you a pro?

A11: Nope.

Q12: Then why do you make this tutorial anyway?

A12: I'm bored, that's why I made this.

Q13: Have you ever earn anything from playing Footmen Wars?

A13: Yep, but I'm embarrassed about it. There are more, but most of them are not from Footmen Wars. An entire list of it is in the Battle.Net/Warcraft/General Discusstion Forum, with the author "tom_mai78101", and with the topic "Did anyone made a record in custom games?".

Awards earned:
Worst Footmen Wars Player
Worst Attacker
Worst Defender

4. Credits

Thanks to all of the people who made Footmen Wars and spoiler maps.

Thanks to my old Windows 98 for having this beautiful Notepad. I almost lost my entire file when it has a backup file within the WINDOWS file. I don't think that Windows XP have this feature. I really don't know how it stores my Notepad tutorial file up.

Thanks to tom_mai78101 for this guide. (Why, thank you!) :D

Thanks to Blizzard Entertainment for this awesome game.

And, thanks to you for reading this guide, since you read this guide to the end.

All rights copyrighted (c). tom_mai78101 is a trademark of the Tutorial Series Production.

tom_mai78102

Reaction score
Bump!!

This is absolutely absurd!

This tutorial just went on the forum for one day, and then it's back down three pages. Whoa!

I need some comments. Anyone wishing to tell me, post it, please. :D

Thank you!

- tom_mai78101

MrApples

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Does this have anything to do with "World Editor Help", no.

Perhaps they thought you were talking about a How To Make a Footman Wars.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.