News Hostess Brands closing for good

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Hostess Brands -- the maker of such iconic baked goods as Twinkies, Drake's Devil Dogs and Wonder Bread -- announced Friday that it is asking a federal bankruptcy court for permission to close its operations, blaming a strike by bakers protesting a new contract imposed on them.

The closing will result in Hostess' nearly 18,500 workers losing their jobs as the company shuts 33 bakeries and 565 distribution centers nationwide, as well as 570 outlet stores. The Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union represents around 5,000 Hostess employees.

"We deeply regret the necessity of today's decision, but we do not have the financial resources to weather an extended nationwide strike," said CEO Gregory Rayburn in a statement.

Hostess will move to sell its assets to the highest bidder. That could mean new life for some of its most popular products, which could be scooped up at auction and attached to products from other companies.

Ah no Moar "Twinkies!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score

You think I'm playing? :mad: They don't have a gun emotive, so a mad face is gonna have to suffice. But seriously, that ain't cool yo, Hostess is da bomb. Don't disrespect.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Well, I can at least share the pic of a

di-4FF8.jpg

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Jesus, they look delicious, but i bet you get fat like in an instance if you eat one of them.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
I've never really been big on Hostess products because they don't taste very good. I'm sorry to all who will miss them.

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
I've never really been big on Hostess products because they don't taste very good. I'm sorry to all who will miss them.
Yeah, they taste like crap; you can even taste the gelatin they use in their products.
Like, literally taste the gelatin and not the flavourings they add.

It's funny to my friends and I because we were making fun of their products not too long ago.
And we were, like, "Wow, we have a lot of influence".

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Someone else better make me some fucking snowballs. None of us are friends no more, I can't believe you guys and your total lack of concern regarding this tragedy!

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
the off-brand hostess junk all tastes like the real thing... just sayin' It's all bottom feeder food.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.