current player kills at least one zergling
give current player 25 ore
preserve trigger

but that makes it start giving them ore constantly
as soon as they kill a ling

i want it to give 25 ore for every one ling killed

C

Coop

There is a way.. I've done it before, but sadly ive forgotten :( ...I just ran a few tests of some ideas and they didnt work.. I would say to just make multiple triggers.

T

Terranator3

I have used that idea numerous times on several maps, and have used the same trigger every time with satisfactory results:
For the sake of example, Ill make Player 1 Human controlled, and Player 2 Computer Zerg.

CONDITION
Player 2 suffers at least 1 deaths of Zergling
ACTION
Modify resources for Player 1: Add 25 Ore
Modify death count for Player 2: Subtract 1 for Zergling
Preserve Trigger

Again, I use the Set Deaths trigger for everything without fully understanding how it works, I just know it does because Ive used it over and over for different things.
The only drawback for this trigger is if you have multiple Human players, in which case you would change the 'Modify Resources' trigger to 'Current Player' instead of 'Player 1', it tends to give the resources for kills made by other players to player 1. I still havent been able to figure another way to do this for multiplayers, but it works excellent for single player.

C

Coop

Im pretty sure i tested that idea last night =/. It didn't work but maybe i didnt test exactly that, so give it a try ;)

X

XxXwarcraftskataXxX

Ore

Its very simple...go to object editor and where there is Bounty Awwared-Base put how much gold for the kill:eek:

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
err sorry guys, he escaped from my forum when I wasn't looking, I'm taking him back now :)

U

Unregistered

Try making 2 trigs: the 1st one says, when p1 kills a ling, turn "ling" switch on. the 2nd one says, if switch "ling" is on, give p1 25 minerals

U

Unregistered

o yeah, and the 2nd trig also turns the "ling" switch off

U

Unregistered

That will only work one time if you do it that way. You have to have the preserve trigger function on or the trigger will just work the first time the condtion happens. Only way it works is if you use the kill counter function or type in a "add minerals" action everytime someone kills a guy, which would take forever unless you are using multiples of a high number. Look at the Matrix Line games where it is done perfectly, they have a kill counter so every death of the oposition you get 5 minerals.

U

Unregistered

I have ways of letting people know which posts are mine.

C

Coop

Am not...
did you read Ilendil new forum rules thing? It says don't post anything that could go unsaid or whatever...
I just wanna be the last poster on every thread..

U

Unregistered

Not today:).

Did we ever figure this problem out? I tried one of the ways and the money just kept increasing even though I was not killing anything. I will try it again, but I thought I had it put in the right way.

U

Unregistered

Ya just read the post and we never figured out how to give minerals to the player that kills the guy in a multiplayer game. All Term did was give us a way to make it work for 1 player, which is not something that is very useful in a multiplayer game. I looked at the Matrix Bullet games and they have it as

Con

Cp kills at least 1 any unit

Actions

Modify Death count for Cp: sub 1 any unit
Modify Resources: Add 5 minerals
Preserve trigger

Thing is though I tried that and it just kept going on and on, also the trigger was for players 1-6. I am trying to find if I missed something else or I have something added to mine that is not making it work. I am also looking through all my maps to see if there is another trigger like the one we need that works for multiplayer.

C

Coop

how do i make it give 25 ore to a plyer any time they kill 1 ling
Terranator Answered that perfectly.. I don't know what your talking about

U

Unregistered

Originally posted by Terranator3
I have used that idea numerous times on several maps, and have used the same trigger every time with satisfactory results:
For the sake of example, Ill make Player 1 Human controlled, and Player 2 Computer Zerg.

CONDITION
Player 2 suffers at least 1 deaths of Zergling
ACTION
Modify resources for Player 1: Add 25 Ore
Modify death count for Player 2: Subtract 1 for Zergling
Preserve Trigger

Again, I use the Set Deaths trigger for everything without fully understanding how it works, I just know it does because Ive used it over and over for different things.
The only drawback for this trigger is if you have multiple Human players, in which case you would change the 'Modify Resources' trigger to 'Current Player' instead of 'Player 1', it tends to give the resources for kills made by other players to player 1. I still havent been able to figure another way to do this for multiplayers, but it works excellent for single player.

That is not perfectly. He even says that it will mess up and give everyone kills in a multiplayer game as you can see from above. The thing is that making a single player game pretty much defeats the purpose of getting on the internet for a multiplayer game :).

Anyways I didn't want to waste more time trying to figure out a way to get it to work so I opted to just give people money once they reach so many kills and after each level. It is a little bit more work, but at least this way everyone will get money and not just those getting all the kills.

L

Lightbulb

No I had a message typed out and posted it, but I realized I was on the wrong thread so since I couldn't delete my post I wrote that instead.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.