MTG Warcraft ver 1.35

WuHT

Reaction score
Hello again!!
I'd like to invite you to download and try out this map with some friends (hopefully report back to me with some feedback :) )

Now this will be just as you rememberd it (even in another thread) as MTG from broodwars, but now finally on TFT.
-------------
Purpose :5 colours to choose from, and the goal is to keep your mage alive while slaying your opponants. (you need human opponants to play against)

Gameplay : Command your periodical summons that improve as you gain more mana to destroy your opponants's creatures and gain more mana. Use mana and spellbooks to summon stronger creatures and powerful abilities/spells.

White : ideally defensive, gains strength through unity.
Green : Easily the strongest creatures, but lacks mobility and flexibility
Red : Aggressive and fast, can win the game in the shortest amount of time. Tendency to hurt self may backfire.
Black : Surprisingly balanced and adaptable, from destroying enemy creatures easily to stealing life to heal.
Blue : slowest to start and most fragile, blue's control and mobility can almost guarantee a win late game.

Features -
4 levesl of basic spawns
9-12 special summoned creatures availble per colour
1-3 custom abilities per summon creature!
Direct Damage/counterspell/direct heal availble!

Priority is and always will be balance and gameplay.
(balance at first was a nightmare to do, but it's pretty smooth now)
-----------
The game (at this stage) is pretty much ready to play, ..but still needs
BALANCE testing and debugging/typo fix(if any).

I am open to ALL SUGGESTIONS/CRITISM as i'd like to pull through the beta phase as fast as possible (i'll check this thread as much as I can, since classes arn't that tough 2nd week in).

So please : try it out and tell me if there are any grievances/imbalances that you'd like me to correct , or if you have suggestions for summons/spells feel free to reply.

Mostly positive reviews on the few games i've been able to host on b.net but i'd like a larger sample size.

Remember ... FEEDBACK/SUGGESTION/CRITISM welcome !!

----------
Ugh updates : ---MTGWARCRAFT1.33
Lots of small balance fixes

New stuff (that i can remember)
Red :
Goblin Grenade = handy dandy suicide unit or great for softening up heros.
Fire Mark = Another handy finisher spell, causes all units near enemy heros to lose quite a bit of armour.
Shivan Dragons can recover life with Mage Eater
Bloodthrist is now auto-cast
Goblin Warchief gives off an additional speed-boost aura.

Green
Overrun : Powerful game ender! Check it out as you crush multiple foes!
Oak Elemental : New Treefolk dude who casts Might of Oaks, and is tough as nuts
Entlings now heal nearby units when they die, (useful in battles).

White :
Archbishops can share damage as well as buff units with a huge armour buff (like for messenger of god).
Defend can actually reflect ranged attacks! (thus i had to nerf it a lil)
Ballista repair squad are now summonable units
Towers give armour bonus to nearby units.
Paladins have a revenge-smite ability whenever they die (which is to say..often)

Blue :
Repulse : Instantly sends a portion of enemy units out of your base and back to whence they came!
Slow Wards : New ability for tidal shamans, simply slap em down and the enemy will crawl towards you for easy pickin-offing.
Tides of Time : Recover your air-raid hitsquads or mount surprise attacks with the powerufl ability to recall your army (this ability is on Lobsterid).
Phantom Warriors are perma-invis units with feedback (dirty dirty)

Black :
Netherrift now spawns in the middle of your base (for protection)
Devouring Butcher : ?New ugly unit that can generate corpses and raise a zombie platoon. Did I mention he raises your food supply ??

---So download , enjoy and most of all, gimme feedback :) I update this, but only update this thread after i release a version i feel is balanced enough .

--Oct 15 -MTGWarcraft 1.35 !!!
Another bunch of hefty updates.
First and most importantly, spells will now STACK when casted, so they'll always come out ( The older versions, required you to finish casting before you can stack new spells). <-- Yippee !!

Green
Green's got Bear Cage, a combo-ic ability that gives you grizzly bears as a kicker for whenever you cast a spell!

Green also has Doubling Seasons, which give u extra basic spawns at every interval!

Blue :
Now has Stasis, an enchantment that prevents spellcasting for any casters. This enchantment also is the first of enchantments with an UPKEEP cost!

White :
Mobolization : Enchantment that gives you extra foodcap space for spawn, while reducing the foodcap for all other colours. You also get an Angry Mob when it dies!

Mine Layer : Well gives u mortar team, which will lay mines to blow up intruders (or where spawns will arrive).

Black :
Got the most additions
Legion of the Undead : Gives you access to a 5th tier of spawn! Effectively does what the old devouring butcher does : Give you corpses and raises dead...all rolled up into one.

Devouring Butcher : Now, one ugly SoB that can devour units and also cannibalize. Please feed him!

Styx : Floaty creature that can blow up corpses, delivering damage to creatures in an AoE. More nuke-power for black!

Now you're wondering what i did with red : Nothing noticeable! Probably ill think up something in later versions.

Anyways : Download, enjoy, and please feedback. Don't be shy now :p

Attachments

• MTGwarcraft1.35.w3x
    314.7 KB · Views: 186

hellmonja27

Reaction score
great! will be test able test but later. i usually test alone so i can't help you on the balance (maybe a little insight on that) so i'll be making a feedback on other aspects. the idea of the colors is really cool. i guess i should test all five while i'm at it.

hopefully i will give you a feedback later...

WuHT

Reaction score
great : Thank you, but the problem is if you have no opponants the game will say you win in about 10 seconds and it's over

Critism #1 : i should upload my map heheh forgot about that on the user submitted page

hellmonja27

Reaction score
yes i noticed that and i'm now starting to wonder if i'm qualified to give it a review. hehe! the game keep ending coz i was playing solo. sorry about that. i hope other people would review it for you...

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
A very good map, I like it so much :D +rep to WuHT
You can rely on me to beta test ;) TH map coming soon muhahaha

WuHT

Reaction score
i've updated again :) <--- small balance fixes a few new abilities ...but i'm going to hammer out some bugs in the WE help before i'm good to release another one.

Thank you very much NiKaNoRoU_GR, especially since you've helped me in the WE help forum (see i'm not randomly asking questions)

Feel free to directly speak out against any imbals in this thread

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
WuHT said:
Thank you very much NiKaNoRoU_GR, especially since you've helped me in the WE help forum (see i'm not randomly asking questions)
Feel free to directly speak out against any imbals in this thread
Ok, I will talk about it, besides beta testing, I now suggest :)
1:Your units are most balanced, but I think you can balance more some black units ;)
2:You will be much more appreciated in your map if you release an AI version of it ;) (human players are good, but if you are home alone without bnet?)
3:Of course, more spawns-more summoned units can make the map always much better ;)
These are my suggestions FOR THE TIME BEING ;)

WuHT

Reaction score
Version updated with lots of new units/abilities and most importantly, balance fixes. Check it out, and bring some friends!

Going to address the issue of spam-casting units only to find that you only get the first unit you cast untill the "build indicator" is done.

Notes :
People on East join custom games fast and happen
People on West join custom games to download and then leave :p O well maybe i picked a bad day.

But probably after midterm week.

Siefer

Reaction score
This game rocks, especially if you are a Magic the Gathering fan (like me :D ).
I think I thought of some suggestions earlier. I'll come back later.

WuHT

Reaction score
glad to see a happy client.
Eagerly looking for your advice Siefer
Future plans :

1)Add a Direct Mass animate dead spell for black.
not sure if it'd be better for defense, only in the middle, or only raise dead in enemy bases.

2)I want to use the mortar-team model but i don't see what unit White needs to complement their ground army.

3)Stealing (maybe temporarily) enemy basic spawns seems like a good idea. For which colour is pretty arguable. Can be something like W(Covert) R(Madness) U(Mind Control) B(Mutiny) etc.. :p

Potential Artifact Creatures model : Gyrocopter and Siege Engine ..<-- Maybe a metal golem as well.

WuHT

Reaction score
Another update = another bump!

Check the bottom of the original post for the new things that i remember to mention :)

WuHT

Reaction score
so kind of you to help me bump this NiKaNoRoU_GR lol.

Again to all : if you're bored with some friends, feel free to try this map out!

And..1)should i make a new thread if i keep re-releasing newer versions ?

2) Should i submit a new "submission" if i create new versions..or keep edited my old one ?

hmm hmm ?

I REALLY need to work on a good game logo ( MTG in plain white isn't cutting it)
Just wondering : What do people think about games with splashy-flashy logo preview images ?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
If you want to replace a previous map version in the database leave a link to it in the new map submission area when you submit the latest version - so we can go back and delete the old version. You would not keep your comments. We do not get too many submissions that we can't let you guys bump yours every once and a while.

WuHT

Reaction score
need some help guys : cuz i've kinda run into a mental roadblock

Any idea for artifacts and artifact creatures ?

Artifacts run more on an idea : Because i can just use pretty much any "building" model.

Artifact creatures (imo are usually bricks) but some good models are
Steam Tank
Gyro Copter
Siege Golem
Infernal Juggernaut,

but i cannot find any "specialized" roles for them...aside from being good at demolishing buildings.

Now i'm goin' around asking for ideas!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.