Need Hero/Item ideas for my HLW/AOS Map.

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
You can just make my Headband there a really hard-to-get item or costs like crazy or even better yet, make it an item recipe with expensive, hard-to-get ingredients. :p

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
Here are some "simple" items for strength, agility and intelligence heroes:

Chaos plate armor
Increases strength by 25 + 25% of current strength, damage by 20%, life regeneration by 1 x (level of hero manipulating item), 20 armor and gives heavy berserk (+150% attack speed, +30% movement speed, +50% damage taken upon activation).

Hunter's gloves
Increases agility by 25 + 25% of current agility, attack speed by 30% and movement by 15%. Also gives 15% chance to deal 3 times normal damage upon attack and 30% evasion.

Cloak of the warlock
Increases intelligence by 30 + 25% of current intelligence, gives mana drain (drains 50-100 mana per attack), 35% spell damage reduction, improves spells and gives infernal ability (calls 3-5 infernals from the sky). (This item is rigged, right?)

EDIT: If you combine these 3 items, your hero could be some badass son of a *****!:D

Fluffball

Reaction score
Ok, now i'm ready to accept more heroes, now that I have done a few...

Oh yea, tell me if I haven't +repped you yet :p

(Might make it so you can only use one of those items.. :D

Dinowc

Reaction score
Name: Troll headhunter
Proper name: Carachas
Model: troll headhunter
Main att: Agility

Headhunter has high MS and damage, low hp and AS.

Spells:

Precise throw
Carachas throws his spear up to 2000 range in to the the air that deals damage depending on distance covered. It can instantly kill a hero if it gets hit by more than 1500 range, otherwise it maims the unit slowing it by 50% for 5 seconds. The spear will fall right on the target spot so you need to be some badass precise f****er to hit someone. The spear kills/deals damage in a AoE of 150 on impact so you can damage/kill multiple units if they are very close to each other.

Level 1: Some damage increment per distance.... some spear speed
Level 2: Some more damage increment per distance.... some greater spear speed
Level 3: Some great damage increment per distance.... some very fast spear
Level 4: Some massive damage increment per distance.... some extremely fast spear
(these are optional cuz I don't know how much you want for your map so I didn't put the values)

Hunter blood
When activated the headhunter absorbs some damage and puts the absorbed damage in his damage for 10 seconds. Stacks maximum 10 times.

Level 1: Absorbs 20% damage.
Level 2: Absorbs 30% damage.
Level 3: Absorbs 40% damage.
Level 4: Absorbs 50% damage.

Hunter sense (passive)
The headhunter can sense a wounded enemy hero giving him vision of the unit (this spell may sound useless but it's very good for your "Precise throw" spell).

Level 1: Can sense heroes with less than 25% hp in small area.
Level 2: Can sense heroes with less than 35% hp in medium area.
Level 3: Can sense heroes with less than 45% hp in large area.
Level 4: Can sense heroes with less than 55% hp in huge area.

Magic spear
Carachas channels a magic energy in his spear for 2 seconds and then throws it at target location dealing random effect (it can deal fire damage burning enemies, it can freeze enemies, it can silence enemies, it can cause death turning non-hero units into undead and damaging enemy heroes, it can cause chain lighting....)

Levels??? dunno what to put here xD

Hunter mastery - Ultimate (passive)
Gives the headhunter more agility, evasion and 15% crit chance.

Level 1: 10% more agility, 20% evasion, 2x damage multiplier.
Level 2: 20% more agility, 30% evasion, 3x damage multiplier.
Level 3: 30% more agility, 40% evasion, 4x damage multiplier.

Fluffball

Reaction score
Hmm, I might use a few of you're spells, and a few of others. What I think is a healthy mix :D.

Nice Hero idea Dinowc... again, lol :) tyvm.

(BTW on page 4, the Blade Machine, can you define Giant Cut more please?)

Dinowc

Reaction score
heh 50+ heroes aren't enough for him:D

do you have bosses in your map? if you do here's one boss idea:

Name: Death from the skies (kinda strange though, it's my idea ofc)
Proper name: Brath'nei or w/e.... the hardest thing is to think of proper names :D
Model: Frost wyrm
Main att: Strength

Spells:

Chaos blizzard
Creates a ravaging blizzard that instantly freezes heroes until the channel stops. Heroes lose armor while frozen. Additionally, they are slowed by 50%.
Channeling for max 10 seconds.

Level 1: Deals 50 damage per second. -25% armor.
Level 2: Deals 100 damage per second. -35% armor.
Level 3: Deals 150 damage per second. -45% armor.
Level 4: Deals 200 damage per second. -55% armor.

I really don't know why I put ability levels for a boss unit.... :nuts:
well this is just an idea so you can make this "boss" a normal hero but a bit weaker lol

Dragon sense
Being half dragon half undead, Brath'nei can sense the strongest hero that attacks him giving him damage reduction to that hero and bonus damage while attacking him.

Level 1: 25% damage reduction. Hero takes 10% more damage.
Level 2: 35% damage reduction. Hero takes 20% more damage.
Level 3: 45% damage reduction. Hero takes 30% more damage.
Level 4: 55% damage reduction. Hero takes 40% more damage.

Breath of death
The necromancers that created this monster from his bones have left some of their powers in his heart. Brath'nei can lose a terrifying breath of death that heavily damages heroes and weakens them while turning non-hero units (my classic death spell idea :p) into invulnerable ghost skeletons for 10 seconds. These skeletons have 0 collision, deal high damage and have feedback.

Level 1: Deals 300 damage, slows by 50%, reduces armor by 10% and silences for 3 seconds.
Level 2: Deals 400 damage, slows by 60%, reduces armor by 20% and silences for 4 seconds.
Level 3: Deals 500 damage, slows by 70%, reduces armor by 30% and silences for 5 seconds.
Level 4: Deals 600 damage, slows by 80%, reduces armor by 40% and silences for 6 seconds.

Dragon ravage
Brath'nei starts to ravage by flying around and burning everything in it's path (casts flame breaths but with some cool effects, you know how dragons ravage everything in movies :p). He gains spell immunity and armor. This deals extra damage to buildings so this spell is mainly a siege-type spell.

Level 1: Deals 200 fire damage. Gains 20% armor.
Level 2: Deals 300 fire damage. Gains 30% armor.
Level 3: Deals 400 fire damage. Gains 40% armor.
Level 4: Deals 500 fire damage. Gains 50% armor.

Reign of chaos - Ultimate
Brath'nei releases his rage turning everything into chaos! Calls mass infernals from the skies around him every few seconds. This isn't channeling and Brath'nei can still move, attack and cast spells while calling infernals! He gains movement and attack speed speed during this.

Level 1: Weak infernals, gains 15% MS, 20% AS.
Level 2: Stronger infernals, gains 20% MS, 30% AS.
Level 3: Chaos infernals, gains 25% MS, 40% AS.
Level 4: Demonic infernals, gains 30% MS, 50% AS.

you need a lot of imports for this guy cuz these spells really need some "beautiful" effects :p

EDIT: btw here's 1 item idea (I didn't want to double post):

Lich king's shield

Icon: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=54619&prev=search%3Dfrost%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26status%3Dg%26page%3D2
damn I don't know how to put pic's here :D

This legendary shield grants the bearer immortality to spells, +33% to primary attribute and +15% to other 2 attributes, 50% armor and freezing block - gives 15% chance to block a melee attack and freeze the attacker for 2 seconds and reducing its armor by 30%. It blasts breath of frost at ranged unit also freezing him, but damaging too.

kelogsloops

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hero

Lylida Whitmoore - Siren
Skin : Summoner (Naga)
Description : Lylida Whitmoore was once one one of the most highest ranked priests alive. She had cured and saved many people, until she went to travel across the sea to seek another truth. The ship had sunken and she drowned. Nearing her death, Lady Vashj had found her, and rescued her to shore. After that day she devoted herself completely as a disciple of the tides.

1. Lullaby - Sings a lullaby to a target enemy, confusing and distracting it. The lullabied unit takes extra damage from all attacks.
Level 1 - 10% extra damage, 3 second duration.
Level 2 - 20% extra damage, 4 second duration.
Level 3 - 30% extra damage, 5 second duration.

2. Reflection - Creates illusions of the hero, each illusion dealing the same amount of damage as the heroes but takes three times more damage. Lasts 15 seconds.
Level 1 - 1 illusion, 40 second cooldown.
Level 2 - 2 illusions, 35 second cooldown.
Level 3 - 3 illusions, 30 second cooldown.

3. Cold Arrows - Attacks a target with an enchanted arrow, slowing an enemy target's move speed whilst giving a damage bonus.
Level 1 - 7% slow, +5 damage.
Level 2 - 14% slow, +10 damage.
Level 3 - 21% slow, +15 damage.

4. Melodius - Lylida's white magic had never been forgotten, as her white magic had saved many of her new naga allies. She invokes her most powerful white magic ability, the Melodius. It heals multiple targets for a great amount, each bounce healing it a percentage more.
Level 1 - 6 bounces, +.3% each bounce, 180 cooldown.
Level 2 - 9 bounces, +.4% each bounce, 150 cooldown.
Level 3 - 12 bounces, +.5% each bounce, 120 cooldown.

This hero is trying to show a different type of hero, rather than always having heroes with super damage spells. Her damage can be high, but she has no damage spells.

Hope this helps.

Dinowc

Reaction score
Hmm nice heroes, that sheild is a bit overpowered lol. (Might nerf it)

it's Lich king's shield... it needs to be overpowered lol :D

here's another one:

Name: Furbolg warlord
Proper name: Urseer
Model: Furbolg
Main att: Strength

Spells:

Earth crack
Urseer stomps the ground creating crater around him trapping every unit with him and increasing damage to all nearby allied units in the crater. Enemy units have reduced armor.

Level 1: Creates a small crater, +15% damage, -5 armor. 5 seconds duration.
Level 2: Creates a medium crater, +20% damage, -10 armor. 6 seconds duration.
Level 3: Creates a large crater, +25% damage, -15 armor. 7 seconds duration.
Level 4: Creates a huge crater, +30% damage, -20 armor. 8 seconds duration.

War roar
Urseer releases a terrifying howl that gives him extreme damage, movement and attack speed for very short time. The damage, MS and AS is lowering after 3 seconds. Its normalized after 10 seconds.

Level 1: +200% damage, +20% MS and +100% AS.
Level 2: +300% damage, +25% MS and +200% AS.
Level 3: +400% damage, +30% MS and +300% AS.
Level 4: +500% damage, +35% MS and +400% AS.

Hunger
Urseer gains high lifesteal and mana drain per attack, but lower damage (drains mana same as life).
This ability can be turned on/off.

Level 1: +50% lifesteal and mana drain, -50% damage.
Level 2: +60% lifesteal and mana drain, -45% damage.
Level 3: +70% lifesteal and mana drain, -40% damage.
Level 4: +80% lifesteal and mana drain, -35% damage.

Fists of thunder
On every attack Urseer charges power in his fists gaining more and more damage. After he charged enough power, he releases thunder shock (thunder clap) damaging every nearby enemy unit around the target. Deals all the damage done during the charge to the target. If Urseer doesn't attack in 10 seconds the charge disappears.

Level 1: Every 8 attacks. Gains +10% damage per attack. Deals 150 AoE damage.
Level 2: Every 7 attacks. Gains +15% damage per attack. Deals 250 AoE damage.
Level 3: Every 6 attacks. Gains +20% damage per attack. Deals 350 AoE damage.
Level 4: Every 5 attacks. Gains +25% damage per attack. Deals 450 AoE damage.

Warlord immortality - Ultimate
Urseer gains extreme power and activates "War roar" for short time (this wont affect "War roars's" cooldown and mana cost). After 3 seconds he becomes weaker and normalized after 10 seconds.

Level 1: 100% to all attributes and 100% armor (don't get confused, this isn't 100% damage reduction, it increases armor by 2 times).
Level 2: 150% to all attributes and 150% armor.
Level 3: 200% to all attributes and 200% armor.

I know, this hero is riggy-ass, but I can't think of another idea for your map :D

kelogsloops

Reaction score
Razorhide Battlebeast

Okay this is a rejected hero from a map I'm making.
My partner didn't like it so I hope this helps you!

Razzle Snagglesnout - Razorhide Battlebeast
Skin : Razormane Chieftain
Description : Raggle had been seperated from the Razorhide tribe when he was young from an invasion of a harpy nest. He found years later that his family tribe were killed. He now seeks vengeance to avenge his tribe and bring pride to them.

1. Tremor - Shakes the ground causing a tremor, making dust particles and rocks to fall and blind targets, making them have a 50% chance to miss.
Level 1 - 4 second Tremor, 2 second blind.
Level 2 - 6 second Tremor, 3 second blind.
Level 3 - 8 second Tremor, 4 second blind.
Level 4 - 10 second Tremor, 5 second blind.

2. Quakeline - Raggle slams the ground, causing a quakeline, which breaks up the ground in a line, stunning and damaging units within the quakeline.
Level 1 - 60 damage, 1 second stun.
Level 2 - 130 damage, 1.5 second stun.
Level 3 - 200 damage, 2 second stun.
Level 4 - 270 damage, 2.5 second stun.

3. Razorhide - The specialty of the Razorhide tribe, Raggle's hide is covered with concealed thick razors which protect him from harm and grant him an armor bonus.
Level 1 - +3 armor, 10% return damage.
Level 2 - +4 armor, 20% return damage.
Level 3 - +5 armor, 30% return damage.
Level 4 - +6 armor, 40% return damage.

4. Battlebeast - The reason Razzle is named a 'Razorhide Battlebeast' is because of his amazing ability to fight in combat. He goes through a berserk state where he attacks incredibly faster but he becomes more vulnerable to attacks dealt against him. Lasts 15 seconds, <??> second cooldown.
Level 1 - 70% attack speed increase.
Level 2 - 100% attack speed increase.
Level 3 - 130% attack speed increase.

-----------------------------

Just change the values if you like :D I just hope this or the Siren helps :) Goodluck in your map!

- Quakeline is based on Impale.
- Razorhide is based on Spiked Carapace
- Battlebeast is based on Berserk.

troyboy

Reaction score
Moldclaw the Stygian Doll (From Diablo II)

thats such a mint idea. would anyone mind if i used that in my map. its so freaking cool!
just tell me if you mind and i wont use it :D

kelogsloops

Reaction score
oh

HEHHEHE SORRY :D i know crappy ideas :< probably y it got NONO!

but yeah. so you want complex?

ILL TRY :D

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
Wind orb
gives a 20% chance to cast cyclone on a target for 2 seconds
+25 Dmg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.