[Need]Item - Ideas

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
Hey, I am looking for item ideas for my map.

Map: Legacy of Heroes

2j33yww.png

xlghv4.png
ae3xb4.png

1r5gyw.png

wine43.png
ej8tbs.png

34rdhe8.png

2h4eq86.png
2a8jho2.png

Also, if you have any idea of really BASIC items I can put to 3 free spots in Pandaren's Market, feel free to post here.

I'll give +rep for every idea! Thank you in advance!

Please don't copy item ideas from other maps, especially not from DotA. I won't give +rep for item which is very similiar to one from DotA.

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Code:
Bloodgloves:
 Requires:
  Mask of Death
  Gloves of haste
 Gives:
  7% life steal
  15% attack speed

Code:
Sacred Headpiece:
 Requires:
  Mantle of Intelligene
  Sobi Mask
 Gives:
  50% mana regeneration bonus
  2 Intelligence

Code:
Blade Gloves:
 Requires:
  Gloves of Haste
  Claws of attack
 Gives:
  +5 damage
  10% attack speed bonus

Code:
Hermes Slipper
 Requires:
  Tallisman of Evasion
  Boots of Speed
 Gives:
  15% evasion
  50 move speed bonus

Code:
Ring of Rulership
 Requires:
  Ring of Regeneration
  Ring of Protection
  Runed Bracers
 Gives:
  +3 Hp regen
  +1 armour
  20% magic damage reduction

Code:
Ancient Token
 Requires:
  Periapt of Vitality
  Pendant of Energy
 Gives:
  +200 mana
  +100 hp

I'll have more soon

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Golden Eye Of the Dragon- 2x belt of thoughness- Gives + 14 to strenght and and aditional 70 hitpoints

Silver Eye Of The Dragon- 2x boots of quel'thalas- gives + 7 to agility and Silver skin- +5 armor for 5 seconds when used

Quiet Eye Of The Dragon- 2x orb of the magi- Gives +7 inteligence and Might of the Silent- gives you mana equal to 30% of your current hit points + mana points devided by 2.7.

Ring of Protection + ring of regeneration- Footy Helm- Grats +4hp per sec and + 4 armor.

Iron Shield + Wooden Buckler- Necromancer's Wrath- (a bone shield or something) Gives 50% to block 50 dmg. Also gives the bonecage ability. (1.7 sec stun and 20 dmg; active ability)

BloodBlade- Mask of death + Sharpened blade+ Medallion of courage- 25% on attack that you will get healed for the dmg you did to the enemy + 1.6x your strenght. ORB EFFECT Also + 25 to dmg.

Archideas

Reaction score
Here's an item idea for you.

th_DragonscaleArmor.png

Dragonscale Armor

Effects:
+11 Armor
+14% Damage Return
+3 HP Regen

Required:
Thourium Armor
Shield of Vengeance
Ring of Regeneration

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Ehm, why dont you try something new and forgot those + stats items?

Make +stats potions instead. They could be cheaper than permament items, but their bonus stats effects only last for certain duration.

In most of maps, the guy with most gold buys more items, which makes him strong.

With potions, everybody can be strong, but the guy with most gold can be only little bit stronger but for longer duration, because he can drink more potions and more expensive potions that other guys.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
for a basic item you could put Gem of True Sight (drops on death)

or Orb of Slow - Gives 15% chance to slow the unit by 20% for 2 seconds (give it another name, like Blood Dagger or somthin)

btw why is the 2nd shop called Pandaren Armory if there are also some weapons in it?

make a different shop called Pandaren Weaponry xd (you would have more room for other basic items)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You could make each row in the first shop combine to special powerful items.

For example:
  • STR + 3
  • AGI + 3
  • INT + 3
  • ALL + 2
(all separate items) would make something like this:
  • ALL + 5
  • Damage + 3
or something. :p

Same applies to the first two items in each column of the second shop.

Furby

Reaction score
Ehm, why dont you try something new and forgot those + stats items?

Make +stats potions instead. They could be cheaper than permament items, but their bonus stats effects only last for certain duration.

In most of maps, the guy with most gold buys more items, which makes him strong.

With potions, everybody can be strong, but the guy with most gold can be only little bit stronger but for longer duration, because he can drink more potions and more expensive potions that other guys.
Very very smart idea! I'll think about it! :) I like ideas of this type they make maps original.

btw why is the 2nd shop called Pandaren Armory if there are also some weapons in it?

make a different shop called Pandaren Weaponry xd (you would have more room for other basic items)

Armory does not mean that you have there only things or items for armor or defense.

Look at this picture:
Armory-St._Petersburg.jpg

I found it by searching "armory" on google. :)

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Also, try to make active items instead of passive ones.
Passive stuff is boring.

Instead of Mask of Death ( 8% pasive life steal ) make some Vampiric Potion ( + X damage and 100% life steal for Y seconds )

It would be cheap but only last for a while, so it takes some good timing to know when to use it.

Or maybe:

Isntead of Shield of Vengeance ( 12% passive damage return ) make some Spiked Armor. ( Item has active ability called Active Spikes, which returns 75% of incoming damage to target. Effect lasts for Y seconds and has some nice cooldown and lil manacost )

Again, when you activate this, peopel are less likely to attack you, so you can use this for example, when channeling some spell or something ( Or to counter to Vampiric Potion ).

edit. Also, repices are nice, but they require people to learn all the combinations, so they make your map less noob friendly and harder to learn. I know that everybody likes to do it in DotA way, but seriously, repices aint that cool.

Im not saying that you should not make any repice items at all ( Sometimes they might actually pretty neat and eveything ). Just make sure that it doesnt end up so that all cool items in your map are repice ones and people playing have to spend valuable gametime reading tooltips and trying to figgure out where to find stuff to make item A that is needed to make item B that can be combanied with item C to make this item X, which is really cool and which is the one item player wants.

Furby

Reaction score
Also, try to make active items instead of passive ones.
Passive stuff is boring.

Instead of Mask of Death ( 8% pasive life steal ) make some Vampiric Potion ( + X damage and 100% life steal for Y seconds )

It would be cheap but only last for a while, so it takes some good timing to know when to use it.

Or maybe:

Isntead of Shield of Vengeance ( 12% passive damage return ) make some Spiked Armor. ( Item has active ability called Active Spikes, which returns 75% of incoming damage to target. Effect lasts for Y seconds and has some nice cooldown and lil manacost )

Again, when you activate this, peopel are less likely to attack you, so you can use this for example, when channeling some spell or something ( Or to counter to Vampiric Potion ).
Another smart idea, I think I am going to implement it right now. That's cool and makes you use brain. :)

edit. Also, repices are nice, but they require people to learn all the combinations, so they make your map less noob friendly and harder to learn. I know that everybody likes to do it in DotA way, but seriously, repices aint that cool.

Im not saying that you should not make any repice items at all ( Sometimes they might actually pretty neat and eveything ). Just make sure that it doesnt end up so that all cool items in your map are repice ones and people playing have to spend valuable gametime reading tooltips and trying to figgure out where to find stuff to make item A that is needed to make item B that can be combanied with item C to make this item X, which is really cool and which is the one item player wants.
But how do you upgrade items then? How to make them better.. having just basic items for a whole game isn't that nice. =/

Hot

Reaction score
Executer
Enchanted Polearm
Mask of Death

Stats 24+ Dmg
Passive ability Execute

When ever a hero gets killed by the Executer the wearer get 100% Lifesteal for 3 seconds

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
But how do you upgrade items then? How to make them better.. having just basic items for a whole game isn't that nice. =/

Sword that gives 10 damage might be good at early game, when heroes have less hp. In late game its not so good, even though you have faster attackspeed, since people have so much armor and hp. This sword just takes an item slot know, without giving really anything.

The solution?

Most people use upgradeable or repice item to solve this problem. Repice items have their problems, like I mentioned before. Upgrading items is not so nice either, since you dont really get anything new. You just spend gold, so your item wouldnt suck so much.

So, whats the best solution?

Make sword to give X% critical strike chance and it works nicely through the game.

Life steal and damage return work like this too. They get better when you gain more damage ( more life stealed ) , or more hp ( can return more damage without dying ).

Potions are not permament, so you always need more gold to get more potions for more stats. When you have lot of gold, you can take many potions at the same time. Potions should give so much stats, that they are always a good investment. ( You need to balance heroes natural stats growth, gold income from all sources and potions stats bonuses & cost )

And some items like some Magical Crystal, which has Energy Charge ability. ( When charged, all your spells that deal magic damage hit 2 times as hard as usually. The effect lasts only few seconds. ) This kind of items dont loose their power during the game, so doing that kind of items might be a good idea.

Furby

Reaction score
Sword that gives 10 damage might be good at early game, when heroes have less hp. In late game its not so good, even though you have faster attackspeed, since people have so much armor and hp. This sword just takes an item slot know, without giving really anything.

The solution?

Most people use upgradeable or repice item to solve this problem. Repice items have their problems, like I mentioned before. Upgrading items is not so nice either, since you dont really get anything new. You just spend gold, so your item wouldnt suck so much.

So, whats the best solution?

Make sword to give X% critical strike chance and it works nicely through the game.

Life steal and damage return work like this too. They get better when you gain more damage ( more life stealed ) , or more hp ( can return more damage without dying ).

Potions are not permament, so you always need more gold to get more potions for more stats. When you have lot of gold, you can take many potions at the same time. Potions should give so much stats, that they are always a good investment. ( You need to balance heroes natural stats growth, gold income from all sources and potions stats bonuses & cost )

And some items like some Magical Crystal, which has Energy Charge ability. ( When charged, all your spells that deal magic damage hit 2 times as hard as usually. The effect lasts only few seconds. ) This kind of items dont loose their power during the game, so doing that kind of items might be a good idea.

Ok.. so basicly you can just have 6 type of items.. because point of making recipes is not to make them powerful but to save space in your invertory.. to combine more items in one which has abilities of all of these items and mostly also make them little stronger..

So then in my map you can have only 6 items.. of basic kind.

I like your idea but if I don't want to discourage (not sure if this words fits here :D) noob players I should think of some idea how to combine these items to save this spaces in inventory and don't have to learn all combinations of recipes.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Well, I think that if you just keep in mind that new players dont know repices and try to make it as easy as possible for them to find all the stuff and everything, its probably enough.

Also, if there is not too many different repices, but only the ones that really work as repice items, they learn them all faster.

I didnt mean to sound too much like some anti-repice guy. Just dont forget this stuff, and keep it in mind when designing items, and you can make items that are both simple and interesting and fun to use for new players too.

( So they can try different items without having to worry about whether the item they buy at gamestart can be combined some good lategame item. )

Also, even heroes if had more than 6 slots, I dont think they should be able to buy one of all different item types. ( Especially if those items have active abilities and effects. )

Also, if most items are potion based ( Like Vampiric Potion ), slots only restrict the number of different items you can carry at once. You can buy different type of potions later, if the ones you currently are using dont work best dor your current game situation.

edit. For example: I was bying + int and + mana regeneration potions, but it seems that my hero is pretty weak, so I guess I gotta buy +str and + health regeneration potions instead, if I want to stay alive.

Or: Im going to go hunt some enemy heroes with my ranged archer hunter hero. Gotta buy some +speed potions for chacing, and +agility potions for some sick attack damage, so I can pwn them.

Or: Damn, I dont know yet whether my enemies deal magic or physical damage. Should I buy +armor or +magic resistance potions? I think I just gotta buy +strength potions. They are not so good, but at least hp they give protects against both damage types.

Furby

Reaction score
Well I can add more complicated items also later, so I won't mess up my map with recipes items yet.

Thanks Viikuna for your ideas! I'll use this potion system. :)

+rep

If you come up with another idea just feel free to post here. ;)

vexellion

Reaction score
The Progenitor Cell [an icon of refresher from DoTa or some kind of vial] – an item that could change it’s bonuses when it is clicked on. For instance at first it gives +15 to all stats, then if you click it, it changes to +40% attack speed, after another click it’s +12 armor / +50 damage / -15 armor on hit / 20% lifesteal / etc.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Ill try this:

my11.jpg

Name: Bloodstained Punchers
Recipe: Gauntlets of Strength, Belt of Toughness, Creatures Claw
Description: Their questionable stains gives them a brutal and morbid appearance.
Abilities: +9 strength, Enraging Pound
Enraging Pound: 12% chance to stun the target for 0.8 second and increase the bearers strength by 5 for 10 seconds. Does not stack.

BTNDefendStop.png

Name: The Tower
Recipe: Thourium Shield, Wooden Buckler, The Tower Recipe (450 gold)
Description: A massive, steel shield which immense length earned it its typical nickname.
Abilities: +10 armor, 10 damage reduction, Block
Block: 40% chance to block another 15 damage

my18.jpg

Name: Retribution Shield
Recipe: Bloodstained Punchers, The Tower, Retribution Shield Recipe (800 gold)
Description: A shield with temper, striking all who strike him in return.
Abilities: +12 armor, 15 damage reduction, +12 strength, Retribution
Retribution: 20% chance to block 40 incoming damage, stun the attacker for 0.5 second, and increase the bearers strength by 3 for 10 second. Stacks up to 4 times.

INV_Boots_Cloth_09.png

Name: Windrunners
Recipe: Boots of Speed, Windrunners Recipe (1800 gold)
Description: These boots are said to make its bearer feel like he is running in the skies.
Abilities: +60 MS strength, Sprint
Sprint: Increases movementspeed by another 30 when travelling 1000 distance without stopping or being interupted. Bonus vanishes when the bearer stops or is interupted.

INV_Boots_Chain_06.png

Name: Arcane Footwear
Recipe: Pendant of Energy, Sobi Mask, Arcane Footwear Recipe (550 gold)
Description: When given enough time, these boots are said to connect and extract energy from the dimension around them.
Abilities: +70% mana regen, +200 mana, Extract
Extract: Restores 4 mana per second when not moving for more than 3 seconds. Being attacked, attacking, casting spells, or being stunned does not count as a move.

NOTE: Despite being boots, these Arcane Footwear give no movement bonus and do not count as boots. Take this into acount.

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
I think recipes are good enough, since most warcraft players played dota and are used to that kind of system.
I've played EotA, which uses an upgrade system instead, and every noob player is like "OMFG WHERE ARE THE FUCKING RECIPES THIS GAME SUCKS".
I think you should maybe just add a small introduction to the game and stuff. Like in dota, the -tips command gives you small pointers to how to use the hero you picked.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.