Need Tower Ideas !!! +rep for help!!!

Dryvnt

Reaction score
Bolt Tower
Shoots electricity balls which damage multiple units by bouncing. Every bounce increases the damage instead of decreasing it.
(make it hit multiple units like Huntress' Glaive, but instead of decreasing the damage every bounce, make the damage increase)

I'm not really sure this can be made, because I've never tried this.

Hmmm... i can make Chain Lightning with other model :D then just put negative values in damage reduction :p

just thinked of 1 ability of a tower...i hope youll appreciate this

Death Escape
Passive

When a unit leaves the exact range of the tower, it has a 75% chance to damage and poison the target

lets say u have a tower with a range of 600, and when a unit enters that 600 range, the tower attacks (of course) and when the unit leaves 600 range from the tower, it will have a 75% chance to posion and damage the target

oinky... good idea... but wow... i need some help ... maybe you dont wanna help me but then i hope other will :D if not then ill just make new post :rolleyes:

but i maybe a little too overpower... just maze around with 20 om them :D

Could take my idea that I submitted for the tower contest (first one):

Fungus tower: A tower that raises fungi from corpses. These fungi in return root nearby enemies to the ground for a short period of time.

Search around for my tower. If you can't find it, I can send you the tower itself.

ill see if i can find it, :D if i cant find it ill PM u

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Found the tower! Download it here, find my post (you can look at the pretty picture too).

If you need help adding it into your map, I'd be glad to give you step-by-step instructions how to do so.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
what about, er, range tower? the tower damage the units according to their distance.... the further the unit goes, the more damage it takes.... so the tower misille projectile must be fairly slow so it follows the unit like homing missile... this tower can use along with the stun tower.... can build this range tower in the begining of the maze and one stun tower at the end of the maze (so the missile can reach its target when the unit is stunned)....

Edit: not sure whether it will work if 2 or more tower of same type attack the same unit.....

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
What about a "Land mine tower" a tower that places 3 mines on the ground (running field) automatically

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
Here are a few,
Magic tower a tower which uses spells only.

Aura tower gives positive buffs to nearby units.

Random tower dose random attacks at enemies.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Risk Tower:
This tower GREATLY slows units around it, and gives them a negitive health regen. However, there is a chance that suddenly it will change to SPEEDING up the units and make them regen health FASTER.

Unstable Tower:
This tower deals TONS of damage and shoots rapidly, owning up units really fast. However its health is CONSTANTLY going down at a fast rate, and adventually self explode. You can keep this alive for longer by repairing it, but reapairing costs money, so the longer it stays alive, the more it costs.

Undead Tower:
This tower has a fairly weak attack, but it can raise ghosts from dead bodys. (I would turn the ghosts collision size off so that cant block units)

Im going to edit this and add one more tower in a little bit..

EDIT: Sucide Tower:
(Test the uploaded map)
You can change the model to whatever you want as well as everything else, ecept: His ability!
EDIT: Only problem: If you send three of them after the same unit, the first one kills the unit and the next ones land on the ground, you could block the path that way....

Dryvnt

Reaction score
Here are a few,
Magic tower a tower which uses spells only.

Aura tower gives positive buffs to nearby units.

Random tower dose random attacks at enemies.

Magic tower already done

Aura Tower... good idea...

Random... allready done...

Risk Tower:
This tower GREATLY slows units around it, and gives them a negitive health regen. However, there is a chance that suddenly it will change to SPEEDING up the units and make them regen health FASTER.

o_O help me with teh tuwer...

Unstable Tower:
This tower deals TONS of damage and shoots rapidly, owning up units really fast. However its health is CONSTANTLY going down at a fast rate, and adventually self explode. You can keep this alive for longer by repairing it, but reapairing costs money, so the longer it stays alive, the more it costs.

uhh... dont think... got no kind of repair... cuz i give towers 1 HP

Undead Tower:
This tower has a fairly weak attack, but it can raise ghosts from dead bodys. (I would turn the ghosts collision size off so that cant block units)

Im going to edit this and add one more tower in a little bit..

hmm dont think i want it in TD :rolleyes:

Sucide Tower:
(Test the uploaded map)
You can change the model to whatever you want as well as everything else, ecept: His ability!
EDIT: Only problem: If you send three of them after the same unit, the first one kills the unit and the next ones land on the ground, you could block the path that way....

hmm dont think... dont want to have "Pure" anti-air towers

Found the tower! Download it here, find my post (you can look at the pretty picture too).

If you need help adding it into your map, I'd be glad to give you step-by-step instructions how to do so.

Thx fur teh hælp

what about, er, range tower? the tower damage the units according to their distance.... the further the unit goes, the more damage it takes.... so the tower misille projectile must be fairly slow so it follows the unit like homing missile... this tower can use along with the stun tower.... can build this range tower in the begining of the maze and one stun tower at the end of the maze (so the missile can reach its target when the unit is stunned)....

Edit: not sure whether it will work if 2 or more tower of same type attack the same unit.....

hmm no :(

Reaction score
Spray Tower:

On each attack sprays 5 jets of water in a 45 degree arc. The jets deal damage to units in a line.

Reaction score
can you make it on ur own ? :D or just a little trigger to start off :D

Yes. I have attached a map that has basic functionality, HOWEVER:

1. It is not MUI.
2. It has many leaks.
3. It is in GUI.

You will have to fix these problems yourself.

Attachments

• SprayTower.w3x
    32.6 KB · Views: 199

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
o_O help me with teh tuwer...
Its easy, just make 4 abilitys: The aura that speeds units up, and put negitive vaules in so it slows them, and another one without negitive vaules for the speed....Same with the health regen. Then just use triggers to remove the ones that slow\hurt and add the ones that heal\speedup, and ect...

uhh... dont think... got no kind of repair... cuz i give towers 1 HP
Make this the one tower that has more HP than. :rolleyes:

hmm dont think i want it in TD :rolleyes:
Thats ok...but why?

hmm dont think... dont want to have "Pure" anti-air towers
It can be made to target ground too...

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
Traps....

Open flame
A trap which units can walk over but as they do they take x amount of damage

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Global Warming tower....

Vanishing Tower - Every round, teleports to a different point along the path.

Prison Tower - Arrests creeps :p

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> would block

Hmm... I kind of meant more on the cliff or whatever surrounding the path....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.