US News Oops. Colorado lawmaker forgets loaded 9mm Glock unattended in capitol restroom

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
State Representative Don Wilson left a loaded, 9mm Glock handgun in a bathroom of the Colorado State Capitol on Tuesday, on the heels of a bill under consideration to prohibit firearms in sensitive spaces—including the Rotunda.

The Colorado State Patrol, which is responsible for security at the Capitol, reported that a semiautomatic firearm was found on the shelf of a single-occupancy unisex restroom. The building staff discovered the weapon around 9:30 p.m. and immediately called the State Troopers, “indicating the firearm was unattended for 23 minutes before being discovered by janitorial staff,” in a statement released by CSP.

“I want to be clear that I take full and complete accountability for the incident,” Wilson said in a written statement posted Thursday on X, former Twitter.

“I made a mistake and am very sorry. I take firearm safety very seriously. This is a humbling experience, and I will reaffirm my commitment to responsible handling procedures.”

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.