"Out of memory" error :S

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hi!
I'm not quite sure if this is supposed to be posted in the Technical Support secion, but still XD

Here's my problem... I was working on a map about a year ago and I thought I'd take a look at it again now. And it loaded fine, and I could do whatever I'd like, though when I was going to save, the JassHelper saver stopped at "Parsing", and after a few seconds the error, "Out of memory" appeared :S

I was just wondering if any of you have an idea of what could be causing this ?
Maybe it's corrupted ? :S

Komaqtion

Reaction score
Just gonna bump this, as I have now disabled all triggers in the map, and still the same error :(

Any ideas ? Please ! I put quite a lot of time into this map :S

TheCrystal

Reaction score
Anything in the Map Script?
Do other maps save fine?
Try copying all the scripts to an empty map and see if it works.

TheCrystal

Reaction score
On the "Trigger Editor" click the map icon, that's the 'header' script (never really learned its name ^_^)

Komaqtion

Reaction score
Yeah, it's called Map Header... But there is nothing there, I always use "libraries" :p

But I imported all object data to another map, and still works... Will import the trigger too now :S

Yepp... I imported the triggers too (Though didn't enable them but since I hadn't got them enabled in that other map and that doesn't work, ...) but it still saves :S

What could be the problem ?!

TheCrystal

Reaction score
That's very odd.
Try copying and pasting your original map, then open the pasted map. I vaguely remember an issue like this but I fixed it through that.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
I haven't come across this myself...but if both the objects and triggers work, maybe there are too many doodads or preplaced units or the like?

TheCrystal

Reaction score
Do you have the most recent JassHelper?
They fixed a bug in a .j version supposedly that has Out of Memory on it.

SwedishChef

Reaction score
are you sure that you use actions which are allowed by 1.24 patch and that you have latest newgen version?

TheCrystal

Reaction score
We could safely assume he is, since he's able to load the map and save the triggers in a different map.

Komaqtion

Reaction score
Yeah, I have the 1.24b patch, and both Newgen and JassHelper v. 0.9.I.2 (Though I know the latest is 0.9.j.0)...

Komaqtion

Reaction score
Oh... No didn't try that... Though it's working again now !!! YAY :D

I removed all imported models (There were quite many) and works now :D

EDIT: Ok, well everything works fine now... And I've imported back all the models and such, and still works :D
Though there is still one problem... All (And when I say all, I mean all) icons have become the green box :( (Except the disabled ones)

Any ideas ? :S

SwedishChef

Reaction score
Oh... No didn't try that... Though it's working again now !!! YAY :D

I removed all imported models (There were quite many) and works now :D

EDIT: Ok, well everything works fine now... And I've imported back all the models and such, and still works :D
Though there is still one problem... All (And when I say all, I mean all) icons have become the green box :( (Except the disabled ones)

Any ideas ? :S

thats a big big problem. Seems like the file is corrupted. Just make a new map and copy everything over. Terrain, object data, preplaced doodads and units, imports. Took me about 20 min and i had alot of import which i needed to fix.

TheCrystal

Reaction score
Like I said, have you tried copying and pasting the map? This has worked for me once when I had these weird problems, I'm not sure how exactly though.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.