Problem Starting up Computer.

Heavy-Gear

Reaction score
I recently tried to start up my computer but only got the following message on a blue screen:

INVALID_KERNAL_HANDLE

*** STOP: 0x00000093 (0x0007FAD8, 0x00000001, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I have tried starting in safe mode, last good setting, debug mode etc. but none of the F8 key windows stuff works. Any ideas?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Windows version?
Did you install any new hardware recently?
Any new software (most notably windows updates)?

Anyway a google search for this error can usually be helpful. Try typing INVALID_KERNAL_HANDLE or 0x00000093.
Also check out this site, seems to be a driver issue according to it.

Heavy-Gear

Reaction score
not sure..

The thing is, i don't remember installing or changing anything when the error happened... and i can't get in to system restore or anything like that.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
That message is coming from Windows. Clearing the BIOS is pointless.

Heavy-Gear

Reaction score
drivers?

I've done a bit of research and it looks like it might be some kind of driver error... is there any way i can uninstall the drivers on there. I'd just have to reinstall them when i get back in.

Heavy-Gear

Reaction score
Ok. Instead of working out what the problem is, I'm just going to do a full format and reinstall of windows. Sounds simple enough, but i have a unique problem.
There are some files i would prefer to keep on my HD and as such i am trying to put them on my other computer. I have plugged the SATA2 HD into the SATA slot on my other computer that i am now using and the BIOS is picking it up and all BUT - Now this is going to sound strange, the computer i am using has a faulty explorer. This means i cannot browse folders, only run programs thought the task manager. How would i go about getting the files off of one HD onto the other using the task manager or command console?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.