The "Gem Activated"

B

BKnight760

Well, I'm not quite sure what the Gem in the worldeditor does, however according to

http://www.game-revolution.com/games/codes/pc/diablo2.htm

If you play Multiplayer on Battle.net Click the blue Crystal in the center of the screen and it will turn Purple. If you look at the text box it will say "Gem Activated" Then start a game or join one and you will find at least one Gem shrine and if you have a Gem in your inventory it upgrades it.

Maybe that will give someone some insight into what it does in the worldeditor...

S

Swilo

Diablo2 two games ALWAYS have at least one gem shrine, it's just a matter of whether you're in the area it spawned or not.
The chat gem HAS NO FUNCTION. It sends NO INFORMATION TO THE SERVER.

The gem in world edit likely does the same thing.

B

BKnight760

::Laughing::

Yeah, Blizzard would be the game co to do something like that... Well, I bet it does something... something entirely useless, that is.

N

Neo_HoJo

alas, the worldedit gem does do something! a friend pointed it out to me, keep clicking on it and it'll belch out annoyed sounds from certain units, like "your prattle begins to annoy me"

As for the diablo 2 gem, I WANT SOMEONE TO ACTUALLY GO THROUGH THE SCRIPT AND FIND OUT WHAT IT DOES!! I have a feeling, though, that it goes with the players 8 trick.

S

Swilo

Umm...
Yeah, the world edit gem does spew out random speech every 12 or so clicks.
No, the D2 chat gem does nothing but change color and say de/activated.
YES THE /PLAYERS # command WORKS. BUT it's ONLY for SINGLE or OPEN b.net, NOT realms.

N

Neo_HoJo

I know it wouldn't work... but I'd still prefer someone to script check the Bnclient.dll file to see if the gem does anything, even if it does something as stupid as +.001 light radius... anyways I shouldn't be ranting about D2 on the Worldedit forum, but this is where this is posted,

sorry for the typing spew above

S

Swilo

You don't need to check any files to see if the gems does something, just simply monitor your packets sent to b.net.
It has been done several times, by several people. Nobody clicking the gem has ever had it send any data to b.net, nor have they seen any indication that it influences the game in any way.

N

Neo_HoJo

I've been buisy playing Diabo 2 a lot, and by this I mean heading up your own clan of 20+ people without outside help starting with a blank account buisy playing Diablo 2 a lot. The answer to what happens is in the official Battle.Net strategy guide, Arreat Summit. It has a minute random chance of performing a "perfect gem activation." This might have something cool to it, but Arreat Summit says nothing more than there is a random chance of performing a perfect gem activation. This might have some significance, but I can't find who to write to about this.

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
Whenever the gem is acctivated and you delete a unit ( im pretty sure a doodas 2) il will ple its death animation (you can c this very easly if u delete heros)

Hope that helped ppl, It might have another use but i dont no :confused:

-peebz

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
well i was looking on the "last page" of threads and saw that theres was somthing about the gem. I looked at it and saw that i knew somthing that hadent been said. Is it against the rules 2 revive old post or somthin (im kinda new, only been here about a month of so)
cause if it is sry and i wont do it again.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
No it's not against the rules to do it, but I don't think the person who asked the question is still active, also theres much more recent threads about it, around 3 weeks ago.

P

protossxpt

Umm.. the diablo 2 gem does do something... although it might have changed in a recent patch, if you click the gem long enough it says "Moooo" and an other message i forgot. Basically, its a hint to the secret cow level...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.