Warcraft 3 Lighting

R 3 T R O

Reaction score
I have several Lighting models such as StrongLight.mdx, Light.mdx, and TorchHumanOmni.mdx all those are sopposed to create a light source around the hero best used when
Code:
Custom script:   call SetDayNightModels("","")
is activated.

So my problem is When i attach the Light to the Chest of my hero. When i move my hero. There is no light. There will be only 3-4 little spots in the map where if the hero goes into that spot it will illuminate. but only 3-4 maby less spots.

Now get this. When i create a new map and do the exact same thing where ever the hero moves it illuminates everytime. Why??

My map does have a Bit of custom models but even so that shouldnt effect it. any ideas?:banghead::banghead:

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
What you should be asking is, do those custom models have an attachment point named 'chest'. Chances are, no.

R 3 T R O

Reaction score
What you should be asking is, do those custom models have an attachment point named 'chest'. Chances are, no.

Your not getting what im saying. Like i said in my first post "When i create a new map and do the EXACT SAME thing where ever the hero moves it illuminates everytime."

so the attachment points have no effect in the problem simply because like i stated im doing the exact same thing in both maps the only dif is my map the terrain is all done and in the new map well its simply blank. i think it maby has somethign to do with an option i might of checked off or sumthing not sure

Renendaru

Reaction score
Are you using the SAME exact models?

R 3 T R O

Reaction score
Yes everything is the same. so i dont know why its not working for my map i see NO reason at all

Renendaru

Reaction score
Post the trigger here then, I'll try to see if there's anything wrong.

R 3 T R O

Reaction score
well thats the thing there is no trigger required all you do is attach the light model to the unit and thats 1 line

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
>So my problem is When i attach the Light to the Chest of my hero. When i move my hero. There is no light. There will be only 3-4 little spots in the map where if the hero goes into that spot it will illuminate. but only 3-4 maby less spots.

Any thing special about those spots?

What happens when you attach a non custom model (e.g. the bloodlust effect), or a custom model that isn't just a lighting effect?

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
Dr Super Good from The Hive Workshop said:
Remember however, that the WC3 lighting system bugs if there are too many light models near each other, resulting it aweful rectandle borders for the light to become visable.

I never did anything like this (very cool btw), but maybe that is part of the problem? You mentioned you have several lights, maybe try just one at once?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.