• JASS

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • World Editor

Votes: 16 43.2%

• Total voters

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
I dont really no since i never used JASS, but if they say its better im going to learn it. lol :p

Plz make a comment on why u voted wat u voted.

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
The options should be GUI (the 'normal' trigger interference) or JASS (text interference). And jass is much better. It is cleaner, faster to write, faster functions, easier to use and easier to understand

It took me like 3 weeks to learn how to use the gui, only use not be good at.
It took me like 3 days to learn how to use jass.

Voted on jass if world editor means gui.

P

Persen

Easy choice...

I chosed JASS because GUI Triggers sucks.

T

The_Prophet

And you wonder why mase has negative reputation...
btw i voted JASS.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
The_Prophet said:
And you wonder why mase has negative reputation...
btw i voted JASS.

Egh, i agree...

but i voted for gui, cause i have only been mapping for about 5 months, and for the "noobs" of mapping, gui is easyer to find your mistakes than jass... :)

Sargon

Reaction score
JASS, because it's cleaner (even though I don't use it much).

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I don't know a single coded line of JASS, but it's simply better. JASS is more complicated, yes, but it will also fix all of your nasty little memory leaks, thus improving the map's playablity.

Heh, can't wait for Vex to find this thread :rolleyes: He'll type up an eye full :p

M

maerlyn

Alexander said:
I don't know a single coded line of JASS, but it's simply better. JASS is more complicated, yes, but it will also fix all of your nasty little memory leaks

How's that for an informed opinion? And also, JASS is not more complicated. If anything, trying to find the right item in a drop-down box to complete any task is more complicated.

I voted WE. I make the basic trigger with the GUI to find out the commands, then I convert it and make my loops or whatever in JASS.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Pardon me, but I'm going off of information that Vex has repeated to us all, time and again. Don't attack me for giving people information from another source, since I have no personal information myself.

Rad

Reaction score
It took me like 3 weeks to learn how to use the gui, only use not be good at.
It took me like 3 days to learn how to use jass.

WTF Are you even talking about? I made a fun RPG in 30 minutes first time I installed Warcraft with no knowledge of any of the World Editor. A year later I still dont get how JASS works. NOT TO MENTION you cant learn JASS without knowing a different code language AND knowing all the function names and having to convert GUI all the time.

GUI because JASS can get #$!%ed up so easy... Only thing wrong is memory leaks which most can be fixed by a few custom script lines. Without GUI none of you would know JASS ;)

Sargon

Reaction score
Rad said:
NOT TO MENTION you cant learn JASS without knowing a different code language

Not so at all. I figured out some of JASS pretty well, just using a few trigger converts and Vex's tutorial. I know no other coding language.

GUI because JASS can get #$!%ed up so easy... Only thing wrong is memory leaks which most can be fixed by a few custom script lines. Without GUI none of you would know JASS ;)

It can get #$!%ed up if you don't know what you're doing. Judging by the triggers some people post on this forum, I'd say that GUI is exactly the same in this regard (you know, the people who post triggers without events and stuff).

Also, a major problem with GUI is that it doesn't have any way to create local variables.

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
Jass is way better. Even if I am too lazy to trigger in Jass normally.

I want to see Vex's post on this too.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
What he meant is if you typo something, it messes the whole code up, and it is MUCH easier to find something on a drop down than to memorize every single line of code.

Sargon

Reaction score
AgentPaper said:
What he meant is if you typo something, it messes the whole code up, and it is MUCH easier to find something on a drop down than to memorize every single line of code.

You don't need to memorize every single line of code.

And the typo thing does make sense, but you learn to be careful when you're doing programming, I suppose.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
After reading the JASS Tutorial i have to say since im used to WE i say thats easier but im sort of used to JASS since ive been playing with VB for like 3 years now.

phyrex1an

Reaction score
Rad said:
NOT TO MENTION you cant learn JASS without knowing a different code language AND knowing all the function names and having to convert GUI all the time.
I dont know any programming language but jass ^^
And i dont use converted gui at all, exept for the main layout. There is no need to use that way. The functions created for the gui is just stupid and innefective in most case.

Also a I dont use the world editor when writing scripts, thus avoiding those crashes. I recomend Jass Shop Pro, dont have a link to that.
It has a list of all functions so there is no need to memorize them.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
You should learn diff Core langs bc it would make JASS easier for u, and it would be easy to learn them since some of them r like JASS in a way.

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
phyrex1an said:
Also a I dont use the world editor when writing scripts, thus avoiding those crashes. I recomend Jass Shop Pro, dont have a link to that.
It has a list of all functions so there is no need to memorize them.

Where did you go to find that: Did you like google Jass Shop Pro or something, or would you be able to e-mail it to me or something. As I'm trying to learn jass, and if I could get that I'm sure it would be easier to learn.

phyrex1an

Reaction score
PB_and_J said:
Where did you go to find that: Did you like google Jass Shop Pro or something, or would you be able to e-mail it to me or something. As I'm trying to learn jass, and if I could get that I'm sure it would be easier to learn.

www.wc3sear.ch has jass shop pro under there Tools/JASS Tools section. There is a bunch of others jass tools there choose one that you feel comfortable with ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.