Wrecked

Heavy-Gear

Reaction score
@Drunken_God: Thanks for the find. I'm working on the gameplay aspect of the game at the moment but when I implement skins/icons etc. I think i'll use that.

@Hegemuffin: Thanks for the comments, I've been writing up a list of Soul Fiend/Cannibal abilities and story text etc. and I'll get that up soon. Just making some finishing touches :D

A question to everyone; what do you think should be the main impact of a Soul Fiend ingesting a soul? Should it be a total class-up or something less.. major. I'm undecided.

EDIT: I'm not going to have an internet connection for the next few days but I'll answer any replies etc. when i get back :)

W

WC3_man

ummm, soul fiends. I think the impact for the soul fiends should be something like everytime you kill a suvivor and ingest a soul mabye they could be used as something that could power spells. I mean you can't do those certain spells if you don't have that amount souls you've injested. But the more souls you have the more powerful spells you can cast, relative to your class. Or... just mabye you can use the souls as expendable! and when you cast a spell you expend that soul and it goes back to the player that had died then they revive.

Something along those lines...

But what i was thinking is that the humans are getting stronger continuously independent of the soul fiends!

Here's my solution:
As in dota there are creeps the soul fiend kills creeps to lvl up, but they only give little EXP. Where as if you kill a survivor you gain significantly more EXP than killing a creep to encourage the Fiend to attack the humans. Also you should cap the ability to gain EXP from creeps when it hits a certain level, like the melee maps you know? and doing that will give even more reason for the fiend to attack the humans earlier in the game rather than creeps. I'm just blabering here but i hope any of this helps.

I'm so friggin interested in this game! personally I'm sick of Dota been playing it for years it gets old after a while. My suggestion get the basic ground works down soul fiends, humans all that stuff as simple as possible then.... TEST TEST TEST :) DEBUG DEBUG TEST CHANGE TEST IMPROVE TEST TEST TEST

you get the point. get it done lolz i hope some of this helps

Heavy-Gear

Reaction score
Those are some awesome ideas! I was thinking along those lines but hadn't considered the spell aspect of it. I'll update the first post with most of what I've got so far.

Heavy-Gear

Reaction score
Thanks Zedzy I downloaded them for later :)

EDIT: Just pressed back by accident while I was re-writing my first post.. 2 hours lol :banghead:

Heavy-Gear

Reaction score
*bump* I'll continue to post more info on my first post :)

EDIT: If any moderators see this, could they please change the title of the thread to "Island of Souls (previously 'Wrecked')" or something along those lines. Thank you.

Tukki

is Skeleton Pirate.
Reaction score
O'Hoj!

This looks like a really interesting project! Your ideas (and WC3_man's) sounds very good, one thing I were wondering about was the herbcraft; will the Soul Fiends also be able to at least get potions? Since they could play a big aspect in a 1vs1 fight. Some other questions though:

* Will there be some kind of camps (where the players could regen health/mana)?
* Will the creeps advance in levels, so you may manipulate battles to your favor by 'placing' the fight outside a creep camp.
* As time goes, the humans (hopefully) will advance in level - making them harder to kill and the Soul Fiends will have a hard time collecting their precious 'human souls'. Wouldn't this make the Soul Fiends 'weaker' as the game passes?
* And last; Will there be some 'hiding spots' where a player may hide his being from the visible view?

Hope you complete this project; as it has a hell of a concept for a map!

Heavy-Gear

Reaction score
Thanks for the interest Tukki :) Ill answer your questions one at a time.

* Will there be some kind of camps (where the players could regen health/mana)?

Both humans and Soul Fiends are able to regenerate health by eating the corpses of creeps. Soul Fiends are able to eat raw corpses quite quickly so they can regenerate almost on the move. Humans have to cook the meat with a fire before consuming, causing a camp-like setup where they place the fire. The fire also opens vision to a large area.

* Will the creeps advance in levels, so you may manipulate battles to your favor by 'placing' the fight outside a creep camp.

Creeps will be very similar to melee map creeps. There will be small camps of various sizes around the map. Some can be easily killed at the beginning of a match and others will be much stronger.

* As time goes, the humans (hopefully) will advance in level - making them harder to kill and the Soul Fiends will have a hard time collecting their precious 'human souls'. Wouldn't this make the Soul Fiends 'weaker' as the game passes?

See above. Soul Fiends creep as humans do.

* And last; Will there be some 'hiding spots' where a player may hide his being from the visible view?

This I'm not sure of yet. I think I will give the Soul Fiends some kind of 'hide' ability but I'm not sure..

What do you think?

Tukki

is Skeleton Pirate.
Reaction score
Nice! It looks like you've everything clear!:thup:

See above. Soul Fiends creep as humans do.
I meant like if you are having a hard time killing humans (to get souls), your spell effiency will drop drasticly.

As for the 'hide' I were thinking more in the ways of some place like a 'cave, house, swamp or hole'. The hiding place should only work if you aren't under attack, and only allow 1 player at a time. If a player comes to near he should be able to notice the player hiding there, though. That would be waaay cool!

Another suggestion is that you post some sort of information on your first post containing the current status on the project. Like:

* Soul Fiends; Blablabla
* Beta-players; someguys
etc.

That would be good, and it would be easier to check the progress.

Heavy-Gear

Reaction score
Thanks Tukki

I meant like if you are having a hard time killing humans (to get souls), your spell effiency will drop drasticly

At the moment, it looks like a phase 1 soul fiends still has some useful spells so it shouldn't be tooo much of a problem. I'm actually weighing up the possibility of soul-dropping difficult creeps (not too sure yet, get back to me on that ;) ).

If a player comes too near he should be able to notice the player hiding there

If players can see you hiding there, why would you want to hide?

Another suggestion is that you post some sort of information on your first post containing the current status on the project

That's a good idea, I'll do that now. I'll also post up what I've been working on in respect to the Soul Fiend phases. It's looking pretty cool :thup:

Tukki

is Skeleton Pirate.
Reaction score
If players can see you hiding there, why would you want to hide?
I meant REALLY close, and it's always nice to stay invisible if you are short on health.

I'm actually weighing up the possibility of soul-dropping difficult creeps.
That's a good idea:)! Maybe only some sort of mini-boss-creeps could be able to drop souls?

Have you considered the possibility to have a travelling merchant, who sells some helpfull stuff? Of course, he would be ordered to move randomly - so the players really have no clue where he is.

Keep up the good work :thup:!

EDIT: The camp idea is just awsome! But maybe there should be some special places where the players could set up their camp, like in a cave. It would add a realistic feeling to the gameplay.

EDIT2: Just saw the progress information. It looks great and it gives quick information. Great improvement :)!

Heavy-Gear

Reaction score
Phase Info

Just posted a bunch of information regarding Soul Fiend phases. I'd like to know what you think, I'm not sure if it's understandable.. :eek:

Now that the concept is out of the way I've just got to work out 60 custom spells.. Oh and human spells too! :rolleyes:

EDIT: I'm off to bed now. Cheerio.

Tukki

is Skeleton Pirate.
Reaction score
60 Spells :eek:! That's insane! Just one question; Will all those insane spells be in the Beta version? Since it will probably take ages to complete all those.

I could contribute with some spell helping if you wanted, since I like creating spells :)

EDIT: OMG! What a table! It's clear and really tells the reader what's so special with those 'phases'. Keep it up!

Heavy-Gear

Reaction score
Insanity

Will all those insane spells be in the Beta version?

I'm really not sure.. lol. Whatever can be done. I might just try and get one hero done first or something. We'll see.

I could contribute with some spell helping if you wanted, since I like creating spells

Yay! I'm going to need all the help i can get :D

It's clear and really tells the reader what's so special with those 'phases'

Thanks! It took ages. Notepad lol. I probably should have done it in paint or something but it turned out pretty good ;)

Refering to your previous post, "mini-boss-creeps" were exactly what I was thinking of. A "travelling merchant" I'm not sure of though.. At this point none of the players have any gold or anything. What I could do is have a merchant that comes and goes from the island wanting to complete certain trades (2 bows for 3 axes etc.).

W

WC3_man

Both humans and Soul Fiends are able to regenerate health by eating the corpses of creeps. Soul Fiends are able to eat raw corpses quite quickly so they can regenerate almost on the move. Humans have to cook the meat with a fire before consuming, causing a camp-like setup where they place the fire. The fire also opens vision to a large area.

I'd say thats a good idea i spose... Umm the human could collect like food points like you have gold and whenever you go near the fire you gain health and your food goes down slowly..

It will make the game play so much more accessable and it will be an inventive new idea. Also!!! it will not have to go in your inventory slot whatever food you have you can just collect and whenever you go near a fire your health goes up.

I was thinking this should happen regardless wheather you want it to happen or not. So whenever a player goes near the fire it cooks their food etc and their health will go up once their health caps their food stops cooking yeah?

Heavy-Gear

Reaction score
Food

I like the idea that the food is cooked automatically when you near the fire (It saves a lot of pointless moving about of items) but I'm not sure about the 'food points'. I know it's just a game but I am trying to retain as much realism as possible lol. I also want people to be able to consume cooked food when away from camp. When on the other side of the map for example or just after a big fight so you don't get ambushed on the way back.

Btw, I just wrote up a list of possible spells for Sharankan. What do you think?

Tukki

is Skeleton Pirate.
Reaction score
Just read your post and looked at the spells, it looks like you have some sort of imagination! Those spells will fit Sharankan well. :)

The 'food-camp' idea sounds good, it's a great improvement that you don't need to move those items around.

2 bows for 3 axes

Really good idea! Were thinking along those lines, but were not really sure how it could turn out.:D

Send me a message on MSN if you'd like some spells.;)

W

WC3_man

I'm glad you got something at least from that ramble about food :) anyways

I really hope this topic gets more intrest because this is a project that is really unique

I really like the concepts for the spells for Sharnakan especially the traits love them. Power, Influence and Time really embody an intelligence hero! Influence its really nifty though lol. But you've done a really really good job in coming up with all of the spells. I can't wait to see the other ideas for the other heros.

Anways heres some queries/comments:

Aura of Weakness - Sharankan lowers the the willpower of anyone who is near him. Drains mana per second

What is willpower?

Energy Link - Sharankan links a target enemy and the closest unit to said enemy together. Any damage dealt to one is dealt to the other.

Love that idea, It will cause chaos lol. "AHH RUN FROM THE NOOB"

Thoughtform - Sharankan projects an inlarged image of himself that is capable of dealing large amounts of damage but drains mana per second.

Channeled? or like the avatar with warden?

Dimension Walk - Sharnakan retreats to another dimension. He can not see nor be seen by his enemies.

lol invisibility for mages from WoW much. Nice :)

Backtrack - Sharankan moves back in time, returning to a previous position, health and mana

lol sounds hard to code....

Heavy-Gear

Reaction score
What is willpower?

By willpower I meant attack damage/health etc. basically just a general debuff.

Channeled? or like the avatar with warden?

Basically it just summons it (with some kind FX link between the image and the hero) and drains mana per second for the length of time it's there. You can stop it by pressing the ability button again.

lol sounds hard to code....

Not really. I think I know how to do it.. I just have to periodically store the heroes position etc.

W

WC3_man

Thoughtform - Sharankan projects an inlarged image of himself that is capable of dealing large amounts of damage but drains mana per second.

Hmm how long does this last? and how do you mean capable of dealing large amounts of damage?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.