Wrecked

Heavy-Gear

Reaction score
Yeah, but then you would have to create one for each spell - which isn't that good

What about public constants? Anyway, aren't all of the crafting spells in the same trigger anyway? The "craft" function does the invent checking etc. and in the "actions" function it checked what ability was cast and runs "craft" with the appropriate values.

use more doodads/fog to give the places feeeeeeeling

Sure. I'll make it nice and eerie looking :D

Tukki

is Skeleton Pirate.
Reaction score
What about public constants?
Could work - in the combination with the "All Crafting Spell Trigger" (which checks which ability that was casted)

The "craft" function does the invent checking.
You know, your idea is really smart - you should stick to it :)!

Sure. I'll make it nice and eerie looking :D
Neeeeeeat :D

any other progress?

Heavy-Gear

Reaction score
Progress will be slow for the next week or so (5 days till exams) but It will be sure to pick up again. I'll post some more spells soon.

Heavy-Gear

Reaction score
Update! Argurak spells are pretty much finished. I'm also introducing a third Survivor class: Shaman (herbcraft).

EDIT: sorry for double post

Tukki

is Skeleton Pirate.
Reaction score
WoW! The abilities are really nice :)
The third Survivor class (the Shaman) sounds interesting with the reanimation ability. Also the idea with having a timed game would be chaotic :) - which would suit the game very well.

R

rifle-ben

Tom have u even mentioned me yet!!!!

After all the help i gave u, u STILL DONT EVEN MENTION ME GRRRRR!!!!!!
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
(sorry for shouting in som1 elses post)

P.S tom is Heavy-gear and i'm his little brother.

Heavy-Gear

Reaction score
What are you doing on here Ben...

Anyway,

the idea with having a timed game would be chaotic

Exactly! I want this game to be as chaotic as possible! Abilities are strong and with low cooldowns. There are various kinds of reanimation and I want people to be going at each other but be able to get away. 'Death' should be a big deal but not impossible to come back from; all it takes is the death of a major Soul Fiends and the humans are back in numbers. A smaller Soul Fiend can always come back by stealing a soul from another Fiend's kill etc.

I've gotta stop playing DotA and get to work..

Tukki

is Skeleton Pirate.
Reaction score
I've gotta stop playing DotA and get to work..
Quoted for truth!

Furthermore,

Exactly! I want this game to be as chaotic as possible! Abilities are strong and with low cooldowns. There are various kinds of reanimation and I want people to be going at each other but be able to get away. 'Death' should be a big deal but not impossible to come back from; all it takes is the death of a major Soul Fiends and the humans are back in numbers. A smaller Soul Fiend can always come back by stealing a soul from another Fiend's kill etc.
Sounds really fun! The idea with "Soul Fiend deat => Humans Revive" is really good :)

EDIT: POST MORE SCREEENIES :D! - (and sign me up for Beta :))

Heavy-Gear

Reaction score
Screenies it is then! I've posted three more. In the shot with all the strange creatures in it are actually the current Soul Fiend models. The voidwalker is Sharankan, the big ghoul is Argurak and the elder jungle stalker is Galadakt.

Also, the rock golem is Galadakt in "stone form". More on that later.

Herbcraft is complete!

R

rifle-ben

Well Tom

Y HAVEN'T YOU MENTIONED ME YET TOM!!!!!

sorry for shouting
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
just so all u other guys know tom came up with hmm maybe 2/3 of the abilities and i came up with the rest.

Heavy-Gear

Reaction score
Go away Ben. For the record, he came up with "Earthen Resistance" for the shaman and thats about it.

I've almost finished Galadakt's spells, I'll post them soon.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Nice progress. ! :D

You should maybe use some custom doodads for terrain. There is some good jungle doodads in Ultimate Terraining map, and it is possible to make really good looking terrain with WE. Fog is also must have. I like to use changing fog in my maps. Maybe you should make some periodic timer function that changes fog smoothly when time of day changes. Green\Teal fog when its day and Blue when its night maybe?

and Can you maybe PM me when you have playable beta version? I can host it in Northerend. I have started to play StarCraft again, so Im not really working with wc3 right now, but this looks so cool that I must test it. :)

Keep it going!

Tukki

is Skeleton Pirate.
Reaction score
I've almost finished Galadakt's spells, I'll post them soon.
YESSSS! Do it!

And I've been screwed (there are no screenies that I can see) :eek:
But the models sounds like they fit.

Heavy-Gear

Reaction score
I had a look at some of the ruins doodads (awesome!).

Minus his ultimates, I've finished Galadakts spells (posted).

I'm currently trying to get my Itemcrafting trigger to work (here).

EDIT: I'm weighing up starting the terrain from scratch. I don't think the map at it's current size will handle nine players.. I've attached the map on my first post.

Tukki

is Skeleton Pirate.
Reaction score
I'm currently trying to get my Itemcrafting trigger to work
Will check it out.

I'm weighing up starting the terrain from scratch
Yeah, the terrain is just a little bit to small, so don't edit it THAT much. And in the middle I would place a some kind of volcano - would look awesome! Furthermore I really loved the "mini-map-art" it looked so like an island of souls :thup:

Keep up the work dude :)

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
this project has made it really far! congratulations mate and good luck with the rest of it. gonna try and make my friends host it when its done ^^

Off-topic: SWEET that you play bass! :thup:

Heavy-Gear

Reaction score
Haven't played bass in a while :D

Just letting you guys know that I'm still here. Not much work has been done for the last week or so (exams finish in a few days so I'll be able to put some more time in then :) ).

Tukki

is Skeleton Pirate.
Reaction score
Good to hear that (that you are alive).

Off-topic: Check your "Itemcrafting" thread - it has been updated :D!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.