1.21?

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
The new update is out for WC3TFT
* Fixed digital sound support for certain sound cards.
* Unit Modifications:
Both Catapults and Summoned Creatures operate in manners dissimilar from other units in the game: The catapult will attack enemy units automatically ONLY if there are no friendly units that will be affected by splash damage from the missile. If you select the Attack command and specify a target, the catapult will fire at the selected target regardless of friendly unit proximity. Summoned Creatures have a Magic Point (MP) bar as well as a Hit Point (HP) bar. The MP bar will degrade over time, and when it is drained, the summoned creature will begin taking damage, as the powers that hold it here are no longer in force.

G

g1real

They also could've stopped updating at all... personally I like the summoned creature part :O

But then again, an option that disables it and has a normal timebar would be better...

I wonder how dota fixes this.

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
According to wc3.gosugamers.net

Patch 1.21

FEATURES

- The game now runs natively on both PowerPC-based and Intel-based Macs.
- Player can now view frames per second using the "/fps" chat command.

FIXES

- Fixed a timing problem with the game on PCs with dual-core CPUs.
- Fixed a crash that could occur with the Frost Breath ability.
- Fixed a crash that could happen in multiplayer games.
- Fixed an exploit that could happen in multiplayer games.

Important Note on Patching for Mac Players: The file layout inside the game folder is changed significantly by Patch 1.21. As a result, in order to be able to install the Frozen Throne expansion from CD, you must install Reign of Chaos first, then install Frozen Throne from CD, and then patch to version 1.21, in that order. If you patch to v1.21 and then attempt to install Frozen Throne after that, it will not install correctly.

MAPS

- New maps:
- (2)SecretValley
- (6)BomberCommand
- (4)LostTemple (RoC)
- The 4 Forest Troll Berserkers by the natural expansions now drop Level 2 Permanent instead of Level 2 Charged items
- (4)TurtleRock
- The 4 Ogre Warriors along the outer pathways now drop Level 2 Permanent instead of Level 2 Charged items
- (6)GnollWood
- The 4 Gnoll Brutes by the central Item Shops now drop Level 2 Permanent instead of Level 2 Charged items

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
These are indeed good news - not the patch itself, but the fact blizzard is still working on WC3 and not just making fixes to prevent maphack.

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
>And what's this summoner/catapult modificaton? I just got the patch a moment ago and there was no mention of any of that

This mod never happened. I haven't seen it happen, nor is it in the change log.

salem

Reaction score
Can someone try to run autorefresher and see if it's still working after the patch.
Mine isn't working for some reason, does it rely on registry keys? cause i reinstalled windows many times but i just kept the war3 folder, never reinstalled it.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
1.21 is out, just a few fixes in this one, but who cares? It destroyed my maps and everything just because of (4) Lost Temple wasn't found (Is the program blind? The map was in the right spot) :mad:!

P

Peanuthead

Maybe this means they are truly in progress with WC4 or SC2? It is possible, why else would they bother revisiting war3 unless they found something they could do when working on a similar game.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Now that's just plain nonsense. :rolleyes:
If they are working on a new game then they wouldn't bother patching up the old one.

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
I can't play anymore >.>

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.