1.5 Million People signed up for the Star Wars The Old Republic Beta

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
As we reported yesterday Chief financial officer Eric Brown reviled that around 1.5 million gamers have registered their interest in being part of a Star Wars: The Old Republic beta.

... We've got well north of a million, million and a half ready to test for free," he said of Star Wars the Old Republic beta. "We're not that concerned about generating initial demand. For us it's about creating the right experience, expanded beyond the tier one and the tier two users.

Last edited:

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Hm... that is not too good. This means that ~1.5 million people want to try the game. How many will play it and be active players is another thing.

It will be a big game, but nothing to shake the throne of blizzard.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Because it looks awesome. Been waiting for this game. If it already came out, I would have probably gotten this over DC Universe

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Hm... that is not too good. This means that ~1.5 million people want to try the game. How many will play it and be active players is another thing.

It will be a big game, but nothing to shake the throne of blizzard.

For any MMO nowadays, hearing that 1.5 million are interested is great news. Server upkeep costs are minimal compared to the amount you get from monthly subscriptions.

I wonder how much money was dumped into production, though.

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
For any MMO nowadays, hearing that 1.5 million are interested is great news. Server upkeep costs are minimal compared to the amount you get from monthly subscriptions.

I wonder how much money was dumped into production, though.

Way too much, although this is a Star Wars game so (hopefully) it will be worth it and not totally suck.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.