US News 10 Signs The U.S. Is Losing Its Influence In The Western Hemisphere

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
We won't be the alpha dog in the western hemisphere forever.

Even if the U.S. hadn't crashed into a financial crisis, there are demographic, material, and political forces that have been spreading power around the Americas for decades.

Brazil is first among the BRICs (Brazil, Russia, India, and China) -- four economies that are supposed to overtake the six largest Western economies by 2032.

Mexico is first among the MAVINS (Mexico, Australia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Nigeria, and South Africa) -- six economies we expect to blow away expectations and become leading powers in their regions relatively soon.

Canada and Venezuela are oil powers of the distant future.

Peru and Chile are sitting on a fortune of metals and minerals.

All these countries are cranking up, while America faces plenty of fiscal and demographic problems at home.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Wait, South America doesn't belong to America?

This is pretty annoying. Because "U.S" claims to become weaker, even if the countries like Brazil and Mexico technically belong to America?

America should act as one and get rid of "in this state..." laws and stop calling south America, south America, when the people from the south arn't considered Americans.
Besides, I guess it will make America stronger again. Take a look at Europe - Most nations are in the EU, which gives some countries the support they need.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
...meh. Stop looking at "who's the best", realize we are all one and the same, and maybe the whole country-vs-country-vs-... stuff will stop.

sqrage

Reaction score

This is pretty annoying. Because "U.S" claims to become weaker, even if the countries like Brazil and Mexico technically belong to America?

America should act as one and get rid of "in this state..." laws and stop calling south America, south America, when the people from the south arn't considered Americans.
Besides, I guess it will make America stronger again. Take a look at Europe - Most nations are in the EU, which gives some countries the support they need.

You really need to take a geography class... USA = United States of America (Country). North America (Continent) = Canada and USA (and Mexico).

South America (Continent) = Brazil, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Cuba, Argentina, etc.

The countries in South America are their own countries, they are not owned by or part of the United States of America...

Also the European Union is a terrible thing for 90% of the countries that are in it. Whoever told you that all the countries benefit from each other's "help" is lying to you. The only countries to really benefit from it are the US and Britain.

ReVolver

Reaction score

North America and South America are different continents...

Someone people needs to take Geography again...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americas

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
No, guys, you fail to understand what he said.
Hatebreeder was talking about this sentence in the article
All these countries are cranking up, while America faces plenty of fiscal and demographic problems at home.
He was pointing out the flaw in the article.

Actually the EU does help it's poorer members. They get free money from the other members lol.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You really need to take a geography class... USA = United States of America (Country). North America (Continent) = Canada and USA (and Mexico).

South America (Continent) = Brazil, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Cuba, Argentina, etc.

The countries in South America are their own countries, they are not owned by or part of the United States of America...

Also the European Union is a terrible thing for 90% of the countries that are in it. Whoever told you that all the countries benefit from each other's "help" is lying to you. The only countries to really benefit from it are the US and Britain.

The EU is beneficial to the poor countries within it. It isn't for the rich countries though. :p

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score

So, when I say America, what am I refering to?

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
It's like calling every Hispanic and Latino a Mexican. Completely ignorant.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
So, when I say America, what am I refering to?

AMERICA aka USA. when you find a person who calls himself american when hes from mexico, brazil, canada, cuba, etc. il agree with your point but as it stands, america refers to the uinted states of america. its been like that for the longest time.

also, when people are talking about north and south america, they refer to it as the americas

and if they are talking about north or south america, they say north america or south america.

Also im not sure about the russian economy getting better. After the collapse of the soviet union their economy has been shit, not to mention their population is on a natural decrease.

also this isnt really surprising. every country(not literally every, but most), was at the top at one point or another, and eventually fell.
on another note, go canada! although i dont think out oil is going to take is that far, a LOT of people are complaining about the polution of the oil sands

ReVolver

Reaction score
AMERICA aka USA. when you find a person who calls himself american when hes from mexico, brazil, canada, cuba, etc. il agree with your point but as it stands, america refers to the uinted states of america. its been like that for the longest time.

also, when people are talking about north and south america, they refer to it as the americas

and if they are talking about north or south america, they say north america or south america.

Also im not sure about the russian economy getting better. After the collapse of the soviet union their economy has been shit, not to mention their population is on a natural decrease.

On the contrary, when the people refer to America they are usually referring to this:

trademark-attorney-mexico-futbol-soccer-club-america.bmp

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
i have no clue what that is.
if its supposed to be central america, ive never heard people refer to central america as america, but rather, you guessed it, central america.

ReVolver

Reaction score
i have no clue what that is.
if its supposed to be central america, ive never heard people refer to central america as america, but rather, you guessed it, central america.

I guess you never watched football :p it was a joke, but yes most people refer "Club America" as "America" and United States as "Estados Unidos" instead.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
oh.
i watch football, just not mexican. im more of an EPL fan
go arsenal!

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
Wtb non semantic discussion!

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
No, guys, you fail to understand what he said.
Hatebreeder was talking about this sentence in the article

He was pointing out the flaw in the article.

Actually the EU does help it's poorer members. They get free money from the other members lol.

Free money? Do you think any country is governed by stupid enough people to give free money? Come on, we're talking about some of the most corrupt governed countries here...

Every country that gets money from the EU is getting into debt. Of course, maybe there are some exceptional cases, like the Greece fall into bankruptcy (I don't know whether it filled bankruptcy or not in the end), where they considered bailing Greece to avoid a general economy breakdown.

Anyway, that's a bit off-topic. On the subject of the article, the author is an idiot. He is talking about losing the influence in the western hemisphere then he goes on and slaps possible new leaders from the southern hemisphere, which is totally not what the title suggests.

Either way, it is bad news for US, although this situation is not exactly new...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.