2 people working on the same map

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonton302

Reaction score
Does anyone know a way to have 2 people working on the same map at the same time?

Thx this is greatly appreciated!!!

Tonton302

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
The closest you could get to this might be to use a Subversion system, but I doubt that it could support versioning for WC3 maps.
So, in short, no.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, certainly two people could work on the same map on two different computers. The problem becomes merging the changes made....

eclypt

Reaction score
it will only work nice if it is an Triggerer in a computer and a "Object Editor" on another computer... the you can simple & paste to the current map while another is terrainning

shadowmapper

Reaction score
I think people are responding to the question literally, but if you just mean two people working on the same map, not necessarily at the exact same time, then obviously you could work from a map saved to a location in which you both have access, i.e. a network drive or ftp server. However, you could not make changes at the same time, and this is where you are talking about developing/ implementing something like Subversion, which is unlikely...

I just thought I'd point out that you could save a file to a remote location and two people on different schedules could work on it at different times, if you overlooked that.

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
I think people are responding to the question literally, but if you just mean two people working on the same map, not necessarily at the exact same time, then obviously you could work from a map saved to a location in which you both have access, i.e. a network drive or ftp server. However, you could not make changes at the same time, and this is where you are talking about developing/ implementing something like Subversion, which is unlikely...

I just thought I'd point out that you could save a file to a remote location and two people on different schedules could work on it at different times, if you overlooked that.

He was asking at the same time, like in the same map at the same timer sharing info without having to transfer maps over.

Tho Starcraft2 is suppose to have this.

eclypt

Reaction score
i think that Starcraft2 will make WE Editors to leave to a more customized Galaxy Editor (SC2)

if it happens. will be the end :cool:

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
i think that Starcraft2 will make WE Editors to leave to a more customized Galaxy Editor (SC2)

if it happens. will be the end :cool:

Could you rephrase the first part, I couldn't understand what you said. :(

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think this question has been more than answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.