2 Regions possible ?

wc345

Reaction score
Hi i'm back :D
now i got a problem with regions,i can't make a unit go to region 1 and then go to the region 2 :( i tried many diffrent ways to do it but still i can't do it...can anyone helped me with that one...

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
What exactly didnt work when you tried it yourself? Did your computer explode or was reality altered? We need more information on the matter.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Order unit to walk to region 1 -> Unit enters region 1 -> Order unit to go walk to region 2

You might want increase the Creep Guard Distance in Gameplay Constants, and play around with the AI Guard Position trigger actions.

wc345

Reaction score
Can you post a picture or something like that to see how it looks really ? Because i'm a confused about all this things :/ i tried to add a new region above other region but it don't work :(

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
"It doesnt work" is no help for us.
As i said above, you need to tell us what you already have and what happened. We cant do blind mass guessing what your problem actually is.

wc345

Reaction score
Well i've made a map where your unit is comes from a building and going to your enemy base and everything is ok only the flying units going far from the units on the land and the problem is that they even don't meet with the others because they flying away from the way where land units going :( i can't do that air units go to the way where are land units :(

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Could you describe the effect you want in more detail? It's very hard to work with just the general idea of what you want.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have any other flying units in your game other then those?

Because you can place pathing blockers for air units which will block the path for flying units just like normal obstacles do for ground units.
If you place such air pathing blockers at the positions where the current obstacles block the ground units movement air and ground units will be forced to take the same route.
This method will give you the best performance and you will not need any triggers.

wc345

Reaction score
I have a lot of flying units (Gryphon,Win Rider etc.) and how can i do this path blockers ?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
They are destructibles. You place them just like trees or destructible rocks.
There is an extra category called "Pathing Blockers" in which you will find Pathing blockers for Ground units in the smalle and big size. (Small is the size of a barrel or a crate, big is the size of a farm or a tower.)
You will find vision blockers which block ground units vision just like trees do.
And pathing blockers for air units as well.

If you press P when editing a map you will see the map coloured depending on the current pathing of the areas the grid will appear in either red (unpassable by ground), blue (unbuildable), or white (unpassable by ground and air) or green (unpassable by air but passable by ground).
Use this when placing pathing blockers to see if you have covered all areas.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
JNGP comes with an option to disable walk movement, fly movement, and building on certain terrains, you could use something like that as a "pathing blocker" which wont create extra lag from doodads

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
JNGP comes with an option to disable walk movement, fly movement, and building on certain terrains, you could use something like that as a "pathing blocker" which wont create extra lag from doodads

Doodads do not create lag. Especially not pathing blockers since they do not even show a model.
They are just static information.
But if you want to go performance crazy you could remove all pathing blockers at the map initialization and trigger the terrain at their position to be unpathable.
And if you want to increase the performance even more you script your very own game engine and screw the warcraft editor.

And if you are insane about performance you build your very own machine with self made hardware designed only to run your game at highest possible frame rates.
But then again, its just a silly game.

wc345

Reaction score
Hey,i got it thanks a lot :) i put the Path Blocker (Air) and everything is ok :) thanks for fast posting :)

GFreak45

Reaction score
lol u are in a funky mood today accname...
i thought the post about exploding computers and reality altering effects was quite funny...
i did not realize that doodads do not create lag, i thought they created issues with startup if you had too many :/

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
lol u are in a funky mood today accname...
i thought the post about exploding computers and reality altering effects was quite funny...
i did not realize that doodads do not create lag, i thought they created issues with startup if you had too many :/

Doodads do need some time to load, although the time needed to load a doodad is so little you wont notice a hundred more or less.
But loading time and lag are different things. If you alter the map file with JNGP you create information which needs to be loaded just as well.

GFreak45

Reaction score
but doesnt it just alter what is loaded than add extra to load?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
What exactly JNGP does or not i cannot say for sure but i bet it is not capable of changing the wc3 standard engine.
There is no terrain in wc3 which is unpassable by air units. I doubt that the way JNGP enables this is something which simply alteres data instead of inserting new aspects.
I guess to really find out about this mystery we would have to ask the guys who made it.

But what i definitely can tell is that no amount of pathing blockers would make a difference strong enough to make a map unplayable or a loading time unbearable. And if you really care about the performance you can, as i said, just remove them at map initialization and change the terrain pathability through triggers. There is even a system already made for this purpose uploaded on the forum.

GFreak45

Reaction score
borders arent passable by air units and its a standard terrain, but if thats true he should probably go with your way as its simpler and probably more reliable

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.