2 Stances(defencse-like) on one unit

Sayiain

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I made 2 skills: defense stance and berserker stance. They are based on footman's ability defence. I put them both on one unit. I don't know why when I turn on berserker, defense turns on as well. What's more it seems both work like defence.
Please explain me how can I create those 2 skills without having any problem?
Best would be if you make a map with this example.
Please.

Happy

Reaction score
if you base 2 skill on the same skill and give them both to a unit they both activate when you cast one...so you have to base one on another skill...

Sayiain

Reaction score
I tried to use magic defence. I wanted it to make unit run faster. It did opposit. I put 1.10 value to the field about movement. I think the program understood it as 0.1, becouse unit moved slower than a unit with 0.30.
I tried to use berserker for trolls but it didn't turn off, The ivon even doesnt turn to the "turn off" icon.
How can I make berserker stance? Please help!

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
Hello Sayiain, read through this carefully,if you dont understand it at first,read it over again :p

From your Original Hero/Unit, that needs to have Defensive and Berserker Stance, copy him Twice, so, make 3 of those units in your Object Editor, than pick whichever u want to become Berserker Stance and under Object Editor Field Text - Name - Editor Suffix (unsf):[Write BerserkerStance], than do the same for Defensive Stance ,and the same for Normal Stance. This will make it easier for you to distinguish them later when you need them.

Now go under Night Elf abilities,and find the Bear Form ability, copy it, and change name to Defensive Stance, under the Bear Form ability you can see the Fields Data - Alternate Form Unit (Emeu) : { Modify this Field, Find your [ Hero Defensive Stance ] and set it } , Make sure to modify the Field Data - Normal Form Unit (Eme1): { To your [ Hero Normal Stance ] and set it } .

Now again under Night Elf Abilities, find the Metamorphosis Ability, under Heros section, find it, make it a Unit Ability first, than modify the fields Data - Alternate Form Unit : { To your [ Hero Berserker Stance ] and set it } ,also the Data - Normal Form Unit (Eme1): {To your [Normal Stance] and set it},dont forget to change the name to Berserker Stance :p

Now to clearify :

[Hero Defensive Stance] = The Unit you copied from your original hero/unit and that is going to be used as the Defensive Stance Unit

[Hero Berserker Stance] = The unit you copied from your original hero/unit and that is going to be used as the Berserker Stance Unit

[Hero Normal Stance] = Your Original Hero.

If you want to add different Spells to when Hero goes into Defensive Stance, Modify the Abilities of [ Hero Defensive Stance ] , and same goes for Berserker Stance, if you want your hero to have Different spells when he goes on Berserker Stance, modify the Abilities of [ Hero Berserker Stance ]

PS. I havent Actually tried this in the Editor as im to lazy :p But it should work flawlessly according to the Theory of it :p, Eitherway, if this doesnt help, PM me, ill teach you some triggering stuff about this :thup:

Sayiain

Reaction score
Overpower, thank you!
However I made it different.
I made a 2 levels skill based on Berserker for Trolls. 1st level is turned off level and gives no bonus. I made a trigger that when I use this ability it increases it's level to 2nd, which gives bonuses. When I use it again it goes back to level 1.
However thank you.

But I have a problem. When I turn on Defensive Stance my unit slows down. After that when I turn on berserker the unit is moving as if there was no Defensive Stance. When both are on looks like Berserker is dominant.
Is it possible to make a trigger turning activated Defensive Stance based od Defence of Footman inactivated after using Berserker Stance based on Berserker for Trolls and opposit?

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
Tell me more please, Your Berserker Stance is based on Berserker of Trolls, and Defensive Stance is based on Defense of Footmans? , are both of the stances Triggered? If yes, post the triggers please, it might clear things up a lot :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.