'2012'

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
What the words on the back of the 2, in 2012 were saying?

With the clearest shot possible, you can see the words 'into a place', 'apocalypse' and something ending in 'gue'. Google got me to this:

The phrase is likely a Bible quote from Revelations 16:16: “And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon (here Apocalypse).”

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
ok think about it, the mayans could predict our end of the world, but they couldnt even predict, THEY'RE OWN. I mean really. Secondly, what about the the people in california calling to virginia during 2012. Hey whats up on your end? Oh nothing just the end of the world. Oh, we have 3 more hours to live, w00t!. What about other countries, china is in like year 4k.

Atreyu

One Last Breath.
Reaction score
Revelation 21:6
He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.

Nicholas Cage did die in the end of the Knowing. The Ultra-Sonic Fire burned them ALL alive. :/

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Revelation 21:6

Nicholas Cage did die in the end of the Knowing. The Ultra-Sonic Fire burned them ALL alive. :/

It was a play on words :p. Nicholas Cage is still alive and healthy. John Koestler, however, is a handful of ash right now xD.

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
Or you could use wikipedia to look up the synopsis. One person did this amazing synopsis of a K-horror movie "GP506" it was HUGE, he really went into detail, i enjoyed reading it, it was like a mini book.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Well, We won't die in 2012.. maybe it's worth too see that movie. hehe
It comes out 2013 right?

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
My grandma is 1/2 Aztec which makes me like 1/8 and I don't believe this BS!
So many movies referencing to 2012, Hollywood is just trying to get every last squeeze out of it.

I am Legend
The Knowing
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Etc

This is the same BS we got for 6/6/06 everyone though we where going to die. BS! Or even Y2K BS!

2012 means nothing it just means the calender was full and they needed another rock.

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
I find it interesting that the general public is far more facinated by the end of the world than the creation of it.

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
when we are eating noodles, it doesnt matter. Besides. why would we care about how it was created. We have a bunch of problems figuring out how to get ourselves out of the messes we got ourself in

MarcyOne

Reaction score
The truth hurts, but yes the humans are destroying this planet bit by bit,
let's say if there will be a war? the nuclear bombs, explosions, fumes
whatever. these are some facts that we are betray our planet and not
the planet is betray us... the oil is reducing time by time, the fuel is the
same thing and that's why we are inventing the electric cars to try to
save the energy.

:thup:

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
Nostradamus said too. -_-
Nostradamus was wrong, he said the world would end sometime in 1990-1999.
Newton said that the world would end in 2064.
And the list goes on.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I saw it. :)

[7/10]
This is a movie of epic proportions. Like the whole world goes down. Overall it was an okay/average movie. First thing is that it wasn't a great movie, but it certainly wasn't bad like a lot of people said it was.
Obviously, the first positive of this film was the special effects it had. The CG was amazing, like the best I've ever seen. Everything was so massive, it's actually quite scary to think about it, how they created and destroyed the earth so realistically. Los Angeles was ruined so amazingly, it just stuns you. The acting and character development wasn't that good. The movie was very emotional since of course this movie is about the apocalypse, but the main characters themselves didn't show too much emotion. At least not as much as expected. Storyline wasn't too original and was seen before, but the super cheesy dialogue actually fit in very well with the scenes (if you've seen it, you'll understand).
It's also a lengthy movie - 2 hours 30 minutes, but I think most of the scenes were needed since 1) it covers the whole world, not just America for example 2) it's more dramatic 3) the film doesn't just start in 2012, and some years are talked about before.
For those people who rated it under a 4 or something because of character development, one bad aspect doesn't bring down an entire movie, and if you rated it because of that, it's probably just a rant.
All in all, this is an okay movie. It's not exactly everything you'd expect from the trailers and the topic of doomsday, but it's not a bad movie either. Characters and cheesiness were bad, but special effects and the message of hope was good. Plus it being epic.

lol, for like 30 minutes during the movie, some black thing covered like 1/8 bottom of the screen during the parts in China, so we missed all the subtitles, haha.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.