Snippet A betting system on arena type duels

Troll-Brain

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
not that i am againt changing the 12 actions for the 5 time just isnt that tomato toemato[so you know what i mean i added the e]?
You still don't understand it's like use X + 1 + 1, instead of X + 2.
Also at least you need to add a condition, the case i did mentionned is still possible.

CaptDeath

Reaction score
and if i say i like redundency cause thats natures backup system?
is this what you mean?
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing (Substring(-bet , 1, 5)) as A substring
to
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -bet as A substring

Troll-Brain

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
and if i say i like redundency cause thats natures backup system?
is this what you mean?
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing (Substring(-bet , 1, 5)) as A substring
to
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -bet as A substring

Just test it, you will see that you need the condition i said ...
And so for the events, yes do it

CaptDeath

Reaction score
yeah so lets see just this one trigger has 12*6 changes thats 72 changes just for the events :( ok ill update soon

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Lol less than 24 hours ..
Doesn't matter. He didn't double post anyway.

> so any comments from some one whos actually used this?
I don't really see how it's even usable.
You just type -bet [All your gold], -w and -p. Then you have loads of gold. o_O

And add that condition, even Troll, who was against it is now for it. :p

CaptDeath

Reaction score
Ughh
its for an arena if you opened the fing map it explicitly states you need to change the win and payment trigger :p
and i changed it to what you wanted if you read the updated triggers

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Instead of making the user have to change it, why don't you make a periodic event, where a random player which gambled would be chosen, and would win. maybe make it so it won't work if there are less than 4 gamblers (If there are, then just refund the money).
At least this way, the user would (probably) just have to change the timeout, if anything. Instead of having to mess around with the events of the other triggers.

CaptDeath

Reaction score
well the idea behind this is you import this and change it around cause it said arena betting system
well when hero x goes up to fight hero b to the death you get the otion to bet on the fight and the people who bet on the winner gets paid now how bout you tell me how in the hell i could set it up so all youd have to do is import

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, you'd obviously be required to change it if you're going to make a map like that.
But I'm guessing the majority of users would just want a periodic "lottery" type thing. So set it up to do that, and make it easy to modify.
Most systems and snippets probably need to be configured for certain users. But they should all still 'be usable' after a simple import.

CaptDeath

Reaction score
i was working on a gamble trigger but it didnt want to work but ill see what i can do

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
> did you read my post?^^
No, because you didn't read my one which explains why you're wrong.

I don't think you're trying to understand me.
The Substring does nothing more than the normal "-bet " would do. It's just a waste of space, and an extra function call. A condition is required to avoid people typing "329847-bet ". If you don't believe me, try it with simple "Game - Display Text" actions.

Can't you just stop using "as a substring" ?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can't you just stop using "as a substring" ?
Stop using it altogether?
No, obviously he can't...

And he's stopped using it in the event now, incase you didn't realise. (If that's what you meant)

CaptDeath

Reaction score
if there was no as a substring then it would only fire on
(-bet ) and then there wouldn't be an amount bet
and i didnt stop i just removed my redundancy in having it get the substing twice so i added a condition which that alone made the map .25 of a kb smaller w00t now its like 12kbs

Ryuu

I am back with Chocolate (:
Reaction score
All right, all right, all right.
I don't really understand the point of the system.

What does -bet, -w and -p do?

CaptDeath

Reaction score
well its for a hero arena and you change the -w and -p triggers cause you change that for konwing when you side of the arena one -w and then when you pay them -p you chnage those in your map cause there is no way i could set that up universally but the -w, and -p cmds are they to see that it works just needs to be adjuster case by case

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
you need to add odds in too, which dynamically update based on betting trends ;)

emjlr3

Reaction score
in RL, betting trends effect betting odds

if there is 5-1 odds against something, and I bet for it, and win, I get 5x my money.

however, if lots of ppl start betting that way, the odds change, and may move to 4-1

emjlr3

Reaction score
you called this a system...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.